I have always wondered

Before birth were we simply, nowhere? I mean trillions of years just passing and that entire time where nowhere and then boom were suddenly there. This intrigues me.

Before birth you were in your mother's womb.

nig

>trillions of years

and before that he was in his father's balls

You had me waiting for the picture to load for a good minute OP.

>I mean trillions of years just passing and that entire time where nowhere and then boom were suddenly there. This intrigues me.
How is that weird?
>Man, this sandwich I just made was nowhere for trillions of years and then suddenly it's here, really makes you think.

I just feel like, I don't know.. it's kinda crazy when you think about it. All of history just passing along without you. realizing how insignificant you are

Everything is just information.

Over billions of years, you (information) was converging toward your present state as it exists now, from all over the universe.

Some of that information was absorbed by the process of evolution over time and passed on for generations until it reached you. Other information you absorbed after birth (knowledge and bacteria and so on)

that sounds like some weird CS-major mysticism

well, it's believed that organic particles passing through a strong enough electric field could spawn living matter. If that's correct then, well, we simply didn't exist before that. Nonexistence is a state of existence.

I know all you scientism autists will blow your tops but since the nature of consciousness isn't yet known we can only speculate on whether the existence of our minds began at birth or ends with death

The question is interesting. Even your parody is interesting; this line of questions leads one to question the nature of "identity." I think identity is just a useful approximative tool, and is not a "real" thing. There is always some sort of relation under which arbitrary collections can be formed into an identifiable whole. We just find ways to weigh these relations against one another, so that the atoms in my body are somehow more identified than the atoms in your arms and my arms considered as one collection.

The real perplexity to me is ego, the awareness of identity. I feel more attached to my chest than to my fingers. Why? Why do I even have a sense of "self?" It's all quite odd.

>Before birth were we simply, nowhere?

Correct. The only person to exist before his birth and all ages was the Lord Jesus H. Christ, the only begotten son of God the Father born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is not the board for this, I understand. But here is an answer.

John 3 NIV

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

The important thing is not what you think you were, if you believe all life and energy comes from God. The important thing is what you do with your energy, and that you use it for good. If you want to know life after death, read what Jesus sais in John 3, or in the book of Mark.

kys

>Jesus said to the Pharisee Nicodemus that you have to spawn on earth and then again in Heaven. Just as you can't see the next level in the current stage, you can't see Heaven while on Earth.

>or ends with death
bet you $1000 it does

Your mana was part of another sentient animal. Mana is recycled and conserved just like energy or matter.

woah... really makes u thingk....

Not exactly, He clearly sais that you have to be born of the water, and the spirit. But accepting him as your savior is the fast track (this is not a free ticket to commit atrocities) this is the reason he died for our sins. His love for us cannot be overcome, only we can choose to shut him out. Jesus said that he and the Father are one, he said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, that no one can go to the Father except through him, because he is the literal manifestation of the one eternal God of all creation. He said no one can take his life, that he gives it up willingly. He IS the life. He also said that when he returns, he will gather his people from all corners of heaven, which will an interesting sight if you can imagine it.

your simulation HashCode hadn't been generated yet

but I guess that is half the idea essentially

on Earth (in the flesh) as it is in Heaven (in the full presence of God)