Two kids getting their first library cards. Don't you miss when reading was actually fun?

Two kids getting their first library cards. Don't you miss when reading was actually fun?

It's still fun. For me, at least

fuck outta here kids dont even read
i remember my girlfriend's little sister was assigned a challenge to "read the book of mormon" or something, along with her entire class or whatnot, and all they did was just run their eyes across the words making vague interpretations of each misread word if anything at all

that's what all kids do, every childrens book is like a rorschach test for those idiots

>Book of Mormon

I don't blame her. I flat out refused to read the Bible until I was like 20

This

>getting mild giddiness when you find a shelf with lots of books you recognise and want to read

no she did the challenge, and everyone agreed she did, it's just that in reality she did fuck all

like it's seriously a normal thing for a 7 year old to be assigned to read the book of mormon

I'm convinced that it's just an indoctrination technique to teach the kids from a young age not to actually read the book of mormon

I don't mind if you browse Reddit, OP. But do you have to bring their inane frontpage bullshit on here? And who gives a shit about these kids? Just because they're black but maybe will read a book? That's pretty racist.

Do you live in Utah or in the US? I've never heard of kids being assigned a cult book to read

>tfw my jr high English class went to the library once a week
>tfw I would pick up two books from the Redwall series every time
>tfw I enjoyed reading so much I'd finish them both in a couple days
>tfw excitedly counting down the days until Library day so I could get my Redwall fix
>tfw I don't remember the last time I ever felt that excited about anything
>tfw I probably never will be

I didn’t start to enjoy reading until I was an adult. When I was in school it always felt like a chore, being forced to read shitty books for reports. Also it didn’t help that I was a slow reader, I still am actually, it takes me about an hour or so to read 80 pages of your average novel.

>tfw same
>tfw can't remember the names or any concrete details of the couple books I got week after week and loved to death

I remember reading the Eragon series in middle school. I would crawl up on my couch and use the reading lamp my mom bought me. I would have so much fun building the imaginary world in my head.
Don't even remember the books now :-(

>kids dont even read
how does it feel being wrong?

depends as i was somewhat clearly referring to kids of the age variety of OP's photo; ~8 and under

In third grade the only "reading" I remember is my teacher reading the BFG to the class and nobody seemed to have anywhere near the mental capacity to handle it alone

because they lack substance

those are fancy cards

>because they are shit

HAVING FUN
ISN'T HARD

REDWALL TIER LIST:

GOD-TIER: BADGERS, SNAKES, MARTIN THE WARRIOR

A-TIER: HARES, VARIOUS BIRDS

B-TIER: HEDGEHOGS, SQUIRRELS, OTTERS, FOXES, FERRETS, SHREWS (IN NUMBERS)

C-TIER: MOLES, MICE, RATS, WEASELS, STOATS

TRASH-TIER: DORMICE, VOLES, SHREWS (INDIVIDUALLY)

>Moleys in C tier
Oi sees that chart am nort orp to much gud.

These. If it's not fun for you, then you most likely just aren't reading what you want to.

I'd bump Otters and Foxes up a tier, they were always implied to be somewhat equal with Hares.

add Toads and Salamanders to Trash Tier.

Oh man you just brought me back to imagining how badass he made those fucking badgers
I don't remember which one it was in, but wasn't there like an old blind badger lady that got pissed off and fucking wrecked?
I think the one I decided was coolest was Gorath, I don't recall why exactly. He had the flame scar or whatever

>old blind badger lady
Lady Cregga?

I liked Sunflash the Mace. that guy was rad as fuck, with his yellow stripe and hawk friend.

As far as the books went

Taggerung > the one with Sunflash in it > Marlfox > the one with the mentally slow vermin that the abbey kept as a prisoner but then he became friends with the dibbuns and made them boats out of barrels to sail around in the lake

I wish I remembered more

;_;

REDWALL BOOK TIER LIST:

GOD-TIER: MARTIN THE WARRIOR, MOSSFLOWER, SALAMANDASTRON

WHO-CARES TIER: EVERYTHING ELSE

>not including Pearls of Lutra or The Long Patrol in God-Tier
user you were so close, but you missed two of the best books in the whole series.

shit taste detected

'tis most disfatisactory.

mild? i get tingly