What are some cooking themed gifts which you would be genuinely happy to receive for Christmas?

What are some cooking themed gifts which you would be genuinely happy to receive for Christmas?

My sister is really into cooking but she seems to have most things I consider good gift ideas.

Pyrex shit
A nice cutting board
Useful unitaskers, like a garlic press

imho dog treats

She's got all three if those.

Any other unitaskers aside from garlic press which people have really useful and hard to imagine cooking without them now?

A coffee bean burr grinder maybe?

She doesn't make coffee at home. She has a cafe less than 100 metres walking distance from her apartment which she buys all her coffee from.

Here's my list of shit to buy for myself with the cash I get:
Herb pots
spice stand
dough cutting placard
digital scale
food/meat thermometer
silpat mat
turkey baster
oil/egg wash/water sprayer
vegetable grater/zester
garlic press
wood chopping board

I'm getting my gf an IR thermometer. More of a meme gift but she might find a use for it.

See if she has a blow torch, they're quite useful and some things are impossible without them.

A sausage maker.
I picked myself one up this week and not only have I used it several times but I also froze some and was easily able to manipulate my prostate with them.

Hmm I like the idea of the herb pots. That's something I've wanted to start doing myself but haven't actually done.

She needs something for her spices because she keeps them in this large old tin on top of her fridge but all the racks I've seen seem a little large or ostentatious. It'd be nice to find something kinda stylish which doesn't take up too much bench space.

Prediction: TT will devolve into a date night with the missus: "hey babe where do you want to go to dinner tonight?" "I dunno." "How about Mexican?" "Ugh, no, I feel bloated." "Um, how about Sushi?" "Ewww raw fish is so gross." "OK, how about we hit that pub around the corner..." "YOU DRINK TOO MUCH!"

How do you see it devolving into that?

I got hubby a wine and cheese serving platter set last Chrissy and he whined and whined claiming only I would use it as I host wine and cheese and poetry evenings once a fortnight.
Be careful OP, culinary gifts can bite you in the butt.

One of these, if you've got the wallet for it.

Yeah, she's my sister so I won't have to listen to any of her whining. It's just something she really enjoys, more so lately than I've ever seen her. She's been getting creative and making her own recipes from scratch so I'd like to give her something that encourages and supports that.

How about a decent camera to document her progress?

Yeah, that would be nice but if she wants something that expensive she can buy it herself. I've got her other gifts already. This is essentially the icing on the cake. Something $50 - $100 is what I'm looking for.

I think she's content to use her phone for things like that.

Get her some sort of cooks journal for writing her recipes and notes in, that has some generic food guidelines in it like boiling/storage durations, etc.

>5 sleeps until christmas
>hasn't even thought about what to get his sister yet.

It already is that. RTFT

It's always nice to toss in a jar of jam or some kind of local/signature sauce or spice you may have picked up when travelling (in retrospect)

Ok how about this
Instant read thermometer
Digital scale
Nice(boos) block wood cutting board

Or keep looking for a good spice stand. Sounds like she needs one

Sent out an instant read thermometer to a family member
it's a great gift idea

make sure you know what the word rectal means before doing this.
Source - last christmas.

A good cookbook is always a good gift. Not a celebrity cookbook, but a real cookbook that someone interested in cooking will be interested in at some point even if they aren't currently into that style of food.

Cookware is so idiosyncratic that I wouldn't recommend buying it for someone unless they have a wishlist or you actually live with them.

Some celebrity cookbooks are good eg Rick Stein's Indian one.

Well get her a nice french press then

microplane zester
jaccard meat tenderizer
fish spatula
laser thermometer gun

A food processor. Never chop onions again.

I think next year I'll gift someone a sou vide cooker, because she can't cook steaks for shit.

my bro always fucking gets me a terrys chocolate orange, but inside is a real image.
>fitzthisawitz

i wouldnt mind a good knife, i got a sheeps foot now tho. consider an emulsifier or a potato masher. really, theres a shit ton of stuff you can pick out at a real restaurant supplier. if you near lancaster PA, theres one at the outlets thats great

>image
orange, im sorry

I'd love a brûlée torch, or a good scale.

spice holder

Skip the hardware and get her something edible.

Get her a bottle of really good olive oil or some nice cheese or 50 year aged balsamic.

I have all the tools I need at this point, so most of my family give me ingredients I wouldn't normally spring for myself - truffle salt, good balsamic vinegar, duck prosciutto, etc. My wife says the best present I ever got her was an entire wheel of high quality 12 month Manchego.

Maybe you should buy a present intended for your husband instead of yourself you selfish cunt.

>hubby
>Chrissy

No

Ok some of these have to be duplicates.
>Oregano
What the hell?

kek

this for fucks sake

Honestly you can never have enough wooden spoons or flexible spatulas. Mine always get fucked up or stained but I can't throw them out because I forget to buy new ones

Or you could just be careful and not ruin them.

Triggered

She has that and watching her use it has inspired me to get one.