I am going to backpack next year across the country. The journey will take five to six months...

I am going to backpack next year across the country. The journey will take five to six months. I'm going to take a flight to Charleston, South Carolina, then I'm going to walk from there to San Jose. Do you guys have any ideas for outdoor cooking? I need some recipes as I will likely need to hunt and make my food from scratch much of the time since I will not always be taking main roads.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parker_Ray
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably should ask /out/.

We're more about micky Dz and papa johns over here.

imho would bring dog on hike

I'd suggest getting a fold-away solar oven. The area you're hiking is plenty warm enough with mostly sunny days, and setting up a big foil/plastic contraption is a lot easier than gathering enough firewood to cook with and waiting for a nice bed of coals.

>willingly becoming a homeless person when you have the means to live comfortably

hope you die, OP

Imho would get baked and post dog in every thread

It's about building character you sexy flirt you

Fold away solar oven? I've never heard about that, and it upsets me that I haven't as I thought I did sufficient research.

Your suggestion is sound, as I'm not going to heard out until spring kicks in. It's suicide to set out in winter

Consider a combination of fuel tablets and burning wood.

They're pretty popular for the off-grid types afaik. Fairly cheap on amazon and coupled with a decent thermometer you can cook some pretty decent stuff with them. Just look up solar oven cooking tutorials on youtube. Only downside is it might be hard to do a longterm simmer like beans with them, but I've never used them personally. Have a friend who swears by his tho

>not hiking the Appalachian trail

wooooooow

That sounds cool as hell, dude. I know it sounds cliched, but are you going to have a daily blog about it? If so, I'd invite you to stop by in Mississippi for a home cooked meal.

No, just a personal video log and pictures whenever something cool happens.

I actually live in AL atm and my planned route does cut through part of MS, so I'd be delighted to stop by if you'd have me.

don't listen to him he will lock you up in his rape dungeon

kek. No, we don't have basements in Mississippi.

Rape dungeons aren't always underground

A rape dungeon doesn't have to be underground, silly.

Then it's not a dungeon. It'd be a rape shed or rape room.

Good god, sorry I suggested it. Just forget about stopping by Mississippi.

Wrong pic

One dude in NM had a portable rape dungeon in a trailer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parker_Ray

>Ray sexually tortured and presumably killed his victims in a $100,000 homemade torture chamber he called his "toy box", which he built out of an old mobile home[4] and equipped with what he referred to as his "friends": whips, chains, pulleys, straps, clamps, leg spreader bars, surgical blades, and saws.

Are you dead set on doing the east-west route? I would say if you're trying to go on a journey for self discovery or something you're better off doing one of the well established north-south routes(PCT, CDT, AT), you'll have better access to support (supplies and places to sleep) if you do one of these. Once you get to the southwest, its going to be brutal, even with filtering water out of puddles on the road, you're going to struggle for access to water. You wont be able to carry enough.

Anyway, good luck OP, i hope i dont hear about some kid that died on the side of the road in AZ

>you'll have better access to support

Hostels are all across the country

Start dumpster diving to get your food. Also don't wear any shoes

BACKPACKING =/= HOBO

I have money and won't run out on the way.

then stay at hotels and eat at restaurants then you fucking tourist douche

>hunt
That's not going to happen. Where are you going to get game on these back roads OP? Private property? Deputy Billy Joe Bob is going to buttfuck you harder than a bear hopped up on poppers when he finds your homeless looking ass passing through his Podunk town with a takedown 10/22 and squirrels hanging from your belt - even with the proper permits and licenses. And that's if Cletus doesn't shoot your ass and rape your corpse for trespassing. You haven't thought this cunning plan at all through. You gonna be the next McCandless.

TL;DR: OP is having a 15 year olds daydream and is going to get raped and die