Have you noticed that religion is used solely for social posturing these days...

Have you noticed that religion is used solely for social posturing these days? If you suggest that the church may not have been the least bloodthirsty thing in the world in the past you get insulted.

I'm not saying that religion is the only conduit it greed and oppression, simply that it's a damn good one. Stop telling me to read the Bible or give a shit about a particular set of stories.

Zizek is bad with this as well. "Atheist Christian" my ass. His comedic / posturing routine really hits its apex when he talks about that shit.

Oh yeah, and of course you get people talking about religion in some faggy literary theory way rather than stuff that literally happened and they pretend the latter never happened. "It-it was a prank bro!"

Maybe you should go to an active community church with a strong social mission.

No one actually follows any of their alleged rules, they just mention their strong X background means they're a moral person without doing anything

A jew made this image

>If you suggest that the church may not have been the least bloodthirsty thing in the world in the past you get insulted.

Where I live it's the opposite.

Religion is narrative metaphysics. If you actually study Christianity you'll realize that it's an integral part of the western tradition of philosophy, and greeks are just as important in Christian ethics as the Bible, often more (Catholicism and Aristotle, obviously). Pretending that Christianity is self contained is a retarded modern development.

noone cared who i was til i put on the fedora

>Stop telling me to read the Bible or give a shit about a particular set of stories
here's your problem you special little snowflake. I think there's a level of butthurt in this post that no one on the chan can fix

Have you noticed that Pepe is going through his fifth incarnation?

I think you must spend all your time in places like this or talking to people like this. If you hate the stupid "atheist is a teen angst phase" bullshit the way any serious irreligious adult would, try not making equally idiotic claims about religion based on social media and high school. There are many serious, devout, altrusitic and even humble folks in all faiths, but of course you're not going to find them arguing online. Besides, the posturing people love fucking each other over for power and kicks, always have, always will, and religion is just another convenient ideology excuse for human nature. If a bunch of young women came to my door offering their paycheques and virginity to me because they had decided I was a hierophant, I'd put on the hat and start sermonizing and sodomizing.

>Have you noticed that atheism is used solely for social posturing these days?

fixed

Is there a Pepe timeline?

atheism is a religion

>Stop telling me to read the Bible

0/10

you spend too much time on the internet

dubs of truth

I was heavily involved in various churches for the first 22 years of my life. you don't seem to know anything at all about what you're talking about.

It's Jews all the way up__

Is that CIA?

But will you take notice of how inherently violent Islam is? Or just attack Christianity?

Islam is the only religion that says that all religion is equal in the eyes of god, no other religion has this notion.
And Islam is no more violent than christianity.
There are fewer violent passages than the bible (even though it is shorter)

Christianity is objectively worse than Islam at this point, at least Islam's violence has a real logic to itself, the decadent disgusting homosexual dying imperialist Christian west deserves every single thing it gets in the end desu since its made its own bed to die in kek

Salafi/Wahabbi Islam would disagree

No yeah, you can definitely justify all the violence Islamists have committed this year alone. I mean, cutting people's heads off, throwing gays off of roofs, shooting up gay night clubs, driving trucks into large groups of people, stabbing people in broad daylight. Those DISGUSTING Christians are much worse than the religion of piece

The West is more than just the current incarnation.

>Translates less books in 1000 years than Spain does in a single year
>Says the west is in decline