I'm looking for a fiction that has lots of really freaky philosophical conversations...

I'm looking for a fiction that has lots of really freaky philosophical conversations, lots of themes that really bend and test the concept of existence and being, something ice cold serious, like pinhead, alien, evangelion, eraserhead, whatever extremely creepy and gritty stuff you can find. I'm talking like, old school anime, serious darkness and grittyness, serious adult themes, weird fuck.

Schopenhauer's 'On Women'
Mein Kampf by Hitler
Decline of the West by SPengler
Ride the Tiger by Evola
The Moral Landscape by Harris
The Culture of Critique Series by McDonald
My Twisted World by Rodger

Wow, I'll buy a first edition copy of all of them.

shitposter begone

Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco

>Foucault's Pendulum is divided into ten segments represented by the ten Sefiroth. The novel is full of esoteric references to Kabbalah, alchemy and conspiracy theory—so many, that critic and novelist Anthony Burgess suggested that it needed an index. The pendulum of the title refers to an actual pendulum designed by the French physicist Léon Foucault to demonstrate Earth's rotation, and has symbolic significance within the novel.

>Bored with their work, and after reading too many manuscripts about occult conspiracy theories, three vanity publisher employees (Belbo, Diotallevi and Casaubon) invent their own conspiracy for fun. They call this satirical intellectual game "The Plan," a hoax that connects the medieval Knights Templar with other occult groups from ancient to modern times. This produces a map indicating the geographical point from which all the powers of the earth can be controlled—a point located in Paris, France, at Foucault’s Pendulum. But in a fateful turn the joke becomes all too real.

>The three become increasingly obsessed with The Plan, and sometimes forget that it's just a game. Worse still, other conspiracy theorists learn about The Plan, and take it seriously. Belbo finds himself the target of a real secret society that believes he possesses the key to the lost treasure of the Knights Templar.

>Orchestrating these and other diverse characters into his multilayered semiotic adventure, Eco has created a superb cerebral entertainment.

You're looking for blood meridian. Read it today

zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Neuromancer

valis

Don DeLillo-- White Noise, Libra, Mao II

I don't know what "old school anime" means but up until that point this is exactly who I was thinking.

Revolutionary Girl Utena

The Magic Mountain

uzumaki

Frank Herbert, "Destination:Void"

five characters stuck on a spaceship have to build an artificial intelligence to replace the ship's organic brain. they spend a lot of time arguing about what consciousness is.

then they just say "fuck it" and copy one of the crews' brains.

Metal Gear Solid 2

This desu

so it's a biography of dan brown ?

I consider this to be the culmination of western civilization up until the first world war.

plus it's comfy
like deathbed comfy, but still

A Scanner Darkly

troll / 10

DARK DARK DARKNEES
GRITTY GRITTY GRRR SO GRIM
EVERYTHING DARKNESS NO LIGHT SHINE
BITTERNESS ALL MINE

salo

>I don't know what "old school anime"
I mean like Berserk.

Blindsight by Peter Watts. Its free on his website.

>Berserk
Oh, game of thrones then.

nah

Typhoon - Conrad
The Saga of the Volsungs
Gretti's Saga

Uzumaki, Pupa, Portus, Jisatsu Circle, Monster. These are all the manga you're looking for OP, yw

Book of the New Sun. Ever page has a new weird mind blowing idea.

Alasdair Gray's Lanark.

You just reminded me that I made pdf files of manga and put them on my ipad a while ago. I have so many fricken manga on my ipad.

>Uzumaki, Pupa, Portus, Jisatsu Circle
I actually had all of these on my ipad besides pupa. I don't think I ever found a full set of the pictures in the manga to make into a pdf. I read a bit of uzumaki, I liked it.

>"Dan Brown is one of the characters in my novel Foucault’s Pendulum, which is about people who start believing in occult stuff."
>"Dan Brown is one of my creatures."

Sorry for quoting you like three fucking times, but I just wanted to say that my favorite manga is Litchi Hikari Club.

>tfw when you'll never expertly wrap yourself in a camel fur blanket and recline on a balcony overlooking the alps for your afternoon nap

SARTOR RESARTUS

Read some Aleister Crowley.

It took me a while, but I found the whole pupa manga series in picture files and I compiled them onto pdf files for each individual volume, based on chapters per volume. If anyone is interested I can upload it to mega and link it here for you to download.