Hilarious thing on campus: watching 17-22 y/o girls walk around with coffee

I discussed this with a friend who goes to Chicago and he said he has noticed a similar trend and largely agrees with me.

When I was first a PhD student I noticed lots of chicks constantly walking around with cups of coffee to classes, yet almost no dudes did this. For some inexplicable reason I found this humorous—“laughing” at them, not with them, since they're obviously not in on the joke, making it all the better--and it made me view girls as being kind of goofy. It took a really long time for me to figure out why something seemingly so mundane--18 and 19 year old women walking around with hot caffeinated beverages in paper cups on a college campus--was so amusing.

Well, I finally figured it out and I think I can put it into words.

Firstly, they don't need the coffee. In college you can sleep for 12 hours a day if you need to and still get your work done and go to classes--there's an immense amount of down time. Sure, sometimes you might need a pick-me-up because you didn't get as much sleep as you might have wanted to, but that is rare. Because of this, it's completely unnecessary to drink coffee every single day and bring it with you to every class.

Additionally, if they actually NEEDED this caffeine to get through the day, they could just get it at the cafeteria. It's the same f**king coffee, and you're using your meal swipe for breakfast/lunch anyway, so you end up saving the 3-5 dollars you spend for the one you get at the coffee shop on campus.

So it's pretty clear these girls aren't buying coffee because they need the caffeine--so there has to be some other motivation: they want to be taken seriously. At this point women--especially the ones in college--have been raised on feminist platitudes for nearly two decades. For years women haven't been able to live to their own potential--they were just baby and milk factories (or so men thought) not too long ago! But now--NOW--in 2016 they're a force to be reckoned with in the workplace and can have "real" lives. Girls aren't dumb-dumbs anymore--they're smart and NEED to be taken seriously. College is just the first stage of this grand, new world women have been exposed to within the past couple of decades. It's the first stage of their professional lives, the ones which they have been denied since the beginning of time--until now.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalgeographic.com/coffee/article2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Paying 5 dollars for a paper cup with some brown liquid in it is the perfect symbol of how these platitudes have incubated themselves into the minds of women. It tells everyone else that the consumer—the coffee drinker—despite being an 18 year old undergraduate, works SO hard and her studies are SO important that she just NEEDS the caffeine to get through the gauntlet of rigorous materials, papers, and exams that college students are thrown through.

And of course, this is exactly where the humor is in the whole situation. Because we all know college isn’t very serious—in fact, it’s the opposite: a complete f**king joke. Realistically, it’s a glorified daycare program for semi-adults. As long as you stay on top of your s**t enough, you can still get wasted 4 days a week (if not more) most weeks and do reasonably well. It’s not a job, it’s not stressful, it’s not something you need to drink coffee for. The real kicker, though, is the fact that even the chicks buying the coffee don’t take it seriously—you’ll see them walk into lecture hall, open up their MacBook Pro, put down their coffee, and then pull up Safari and look at f**king shoes for an hour and fifteen minutes, and they do just as well as boys do in the class—and that’s what makes it all so hilarious: they spend actual money to give off this professional “I need to be taken seriously and this is important” appearance, when no one can really take them seriously because the whole charade is just too ridiculous and completely laughable. On top of that, you just know that coffee is going to loosen up their bowels and by 12 in the afternoon they’re firing off a rancid mud rocket made of this morning’s bagel and yogurt into the toilet—which is a whole different scenario that I’m not willing to get into; I’ve taken up too much of your time.

maybe they just like coffee?

QUICK IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST -RIGHT NOW- YOU WILL INSTANTLY DIE

i also love how they talk and schedule hang outs with friends-- "lets grab coffee sometime! let's grab lunch sometime!" etc. they need to be seen as jetset corporate princesses huffing and puffing through trivial social encounters while on their way to more important networking meetups, and walk around campus like they're powerwalking past grungy children in order to make it on time to a critical appointment, aka watching orange is the new black in their dorms. All of them have invisible VR goggles permanently strapped to their eyes, they think they're living in the business district of Paris or some s**t while they go to their sociology classes

Now this is shit posting

There's really no words to describe how funny this is.

I should start selling coffee.

L M (f) A O. Great work OP.

What is this, the latest Maddox update?

everyone and everything is just as ridiculous op. its all a joke

you have an external locus of self by making this observation op. this means you are also predetermined to gambling and blaming your faults on others. if you had an internal locus of self you would probably not be making this observation or if you did more likely to assume each individual has their own reason for coffee.

Why is this funny? It's blatantly wrong, no?

The majority of coffee drinkers in the classes I attend are guys. Is it an American thing?

I'm European btw ;)

Despite the 300 post-ironic meme replies OP will get, it's literally true.

>Look at me! Big empowered woman comin' through! Gotta have my coffee! I'm an important person! I'm here to feminist up this university by lackadaisically mostly passing a Psychology degree I'll never use, and then having my parents get me a real job!

Take the red pill and realize that if we removed women from higher education, even if we just segregated it without necessarily banning them altogether, the academy would spring back to life and university would stop being a daycare center for overgrown children.

Women ruin everything and they are hollow simulacra of real adults.

Thank God I'm gay.

>On top of that, you just know that coffee is going to loosen up their bowels and by 12 in the afternoon they’re firing off a rancid mud rocket made of this morning’s bagel and yogurt into the toilet—which is a whole different scenario that I’m not willing to get into; I’ve taken up too much of your time.

I'd rather read about that scenario than about what you wrote so far (even though i'ts correct). Please include detailed descriptions of their hairy pussies and assholes and the consistency, texture and general makeup of the poop, thanks!

>As long as you stay on top of your s**t enough, you can still get wasted 4 days a week
Humanitiesfag detected.

>le ressentiment-fueled /r9k/ frog man face

That's some good Veeky Forums right there.

>Take the red pill

Take the cyanide pill

>So it's pretty clear these girls aren't buying coffee because they need the caffeine--so there has to be some other motivation

Schopenhauer talks about this in 'On Women'. He notes that they have no real, direct interest in anything except appearing attractive, and that any interest they exhibit in anything else is a "simulated" one, "consisting of coquetry and pretence" which functions only as a roundabout means to attract men.

I don't mind STEM drinking coffee
but fucking gender studies, that's some meta-post-ironic-new-sincerity or the dumbest thing I've ever seeen

I really hope you're not one of those gays who reproduces. OP seems like the kind of guy whose semen is too weak to create child, therefore I won't say anything.

>habitually using caffeine as a crutch in the morning

Your problem isn't with girls drinking coffee, your problem is with the humanities it seems.

Pretty sure the guy above me was being ironic, but at my uni it's completely true and something I've never observed as a pattern. You can either get

>unlimited "free" coffee at a dining hall with your breakfast/lunch
>$4 coffee outside the dining hall for 16 fl oz

I understand that sometimes people would rather have coffee than an entire meal, but I see a majority of women everyday with these cups of coffee going to class. Unless you're a trustfund babby, why would you waste so much money on coffee when 8 cups of coffee can buy you a coffee maker?

The only logical explanation is status signalling, thru fucking coffee my sides.

you're some combination of 3 things:

1) a non-primary English speaker
>see usage of double hyphens for no reason
2) a troll
>the topic, blatant parody of generic neckbeard tier "lolsexism"
>censoring words on Veeky Forums
3) a terrible writer
>use of "thing" in header instead of a plethora of better words

but you got me to reply so fuck you

What professions are allowed to drink coffee?

>ze thought this was OC

Here it's the opposite. I do it myself.

Me and my peers have the money to not care about a dollar coffee.

>insecure image-obsessed disaster can't conceive of any reason to do anything except for show, assumes everyone else is the same

I love these episodes

Please hurry up, I've been waiting.

They have sex, which makes them sleep considerably less. You might be thinking that the same applies to the men having sex with them, as they are not all lesbians. The thing is that a few man pound all the women, and most of those are probably sleeping and skipping classes, so they won't drink much coffee either. Think about reasonable possibilities before writing a wall of disgusting shitpost.

>So it's pretty clear these girls aren't buying coffee because they need the caff
you need to rework this paragraph because you can get by without the girlish hyperbole and caps. it's detracting from your point, which is a pretty solid one.

the next paragraph you can take out some of the emphasis too ["SO...SO"] but if you just rework the one before it, it's not as necessary to rework that one.

the last paragraph needs some tuning up ["too ridiculous and completely laughable" is repetitous, especially in a sentence where you're explaining why it's hilarious; "it's not something you need to drink coffee for." you could change "for" to "to cope with" or some other indication coffee has some situations where its stimulant effect would help].

You could rework this and sell it. Make the coffee shit rockets a separate paragraph too because it would wind it up nicely.

Does Sharia Law permit coffee?

This is probably the most autistic thread on Veeky Forums right now. Though it is sort of a tit for tat with the equally spergy whining about muh patriarchy that goes on in murrican colleges today.

My problem is that caffeine is unnecessary sometimes. I drink boxed juice tb.h.
If you drink coffee, you either pretend or not, so profession is the only way to judge that.
When I was a teen,
I used to drink that sour coffee to become more of an adult

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Isamic law some places (Turkey especially) used allow wives to divorce their husbands for not providing them with coffee. nationalgeographic.com/coffee/article2.html

Love it. It's true at my school and I see it in my students. I typically repress the urge to comment or voice the autism, but it's true. I try to live and let live and say to myself that they're just newly away from home and learning to function in a new social space, but dammit they look dumb.

WHITE MEN ARE BEING OPPRESSED

WOMEN ARE NOT AS REAL AS MEN

TAKE THE REDPILL

>caffeine is unnecessary
So is alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, sweets, even juice boxes

Also people drink decaf coffee so it's not just about caffeine.

Caffeine is a pretty shitty stimulant for the amount of use it gets.

it's not that funny. You might have autism.

Nice digits Bird

fair enough
Juice boxes are the best thing to both hydrate and savor sweet comfy taste

>Tfw I just drink it black because I like the taste, even though it gives me heart palpitations and the sweats

>you can sleep 12 hours and still do well in college
>tons of downtime
>caffeine is unnecessary

Literature/philosophy major detected. Try engineering, mathematics, physics, or chemistry and try again, fag.

Then again, it's not like women get real degrees, either. So you're correct only in regards to women in college.

this

>25g~ of sugar per box
>hydration

>He doesn't know I carry a sixpack in me at all times

>Women have been getting more degrees than Men

What do you consider "real"? Manly degrees and girly degrees? What the fuck are you? A knobhead?

Did you smoke for the first time or something? These are the kinds of revelations that I would expect out of a group of stoners standing in a circle in the woods.

I brought tea in a flask to college in first year (because I brew loose leaf teas which are of a higher quality and a lower price than the tepid brown water sold as tea on campus) and I was told that people were referring to me as 'the tea guy' even though I never spoke about my choice of beverage to anyone, never made a show of drinking it, and in general kept to myself.

Those same people who were so amused with me were themselves rarely seen without a Starbucks coffee in hand.

Haha.

Fucking tea autist.

Women overwhelmingly get fake degrees.

Even the women getting real degrees (by accident I guess?) do fake things, or become completely subservient to some charismatic male scholar and produce nothing of note.

>in me

STEM is real
Humanities is FEELS and NOT real

College has become paid high school. I wouldn't worry about it unless you majored in something that has a social hierarchy.

>In college you can sleep for 12 hours a day if you need to and still get your work done and go to classes

Unlike dork shut-ins who write pretentious threads on Veeky Forums, a lot of college students have jobs and social lives, and sports, and go to the gym, and do all sorts of other shit in college besides going to class.

>dork

Whoa, easy there, skeezix! A fella might think you're gettin' fresh.

the point op is making is that: so do the males, but they don't walk around with a neat little piece of fashion in the shape of a cup; he's saying that they're being ingenuine

>paying someone to get fit
>not able to do it without a guidance
>social lives and sports
>lit
lad

idk about your school but mine had free gym access to students

I see just as many vain, shallow men getting coffee every day. I used to work at a Starbucks on campus during undergrad. You are right that coffee is just a status symbol. It's not even a good stimulant. My dad did 10 hour shifts at a welding factory for 20 years and never drank coffee, meanwhile I was serving it every day to fat, lazy nurses, secretaries, and students who never even study. It's sad.

Maybe it's different in Canada, but men had coffee as often as women in my university.

What fresh autism is this?

My grandpa was an aeronautic engineer, and he had night shifts, he started smoking and drinking tea to keep warm, and eventually became his habit.

I don't use it as a fucking stimulant. I don't use at a status symbol.
I make some espresso or coffe in the morning because I like the way it tastes. I like having something in my hand. It's nice to have a prop sometimes, almost comforting. But I'm just as likely to have a bottle of water in my hand.
You people should have tried getting addicted to something as harmless as coffee, much less harmful than sperg posting.

You dont have to be a bitter virgin to know this poster is 100% correct.

You should go to Med School once.

Coffee is the lifeblood for everyone, at least we have a reason.

Med school autists would need a "reason".

well the coffee just calms everyone's adderoll shakes.

Veeky Forums, pls

kek

1- morning makeup takes a lot of time so they don't get enough time to have morning coffee and actually wake up. keeping in mind most people need caffeine in the morning, or simply like it.
2- if they don't do n1 then they're lazy and if they don't wake up early for makeup they wake up late and don't get enough time to catch coffee time
3- chill, holding warm drinks gives the holder a warm feeling of openness when they talk to someone, so go and have a chat and ask them why they're coffeeing. inb4 pseudoscience argument

>text covering face

Yeah, but that's obvious in that we're talking about women.

Chemistry is stem. Nursing isn't humanities.

Now do anti-depressants

But really, people can just like coffee. It tastes good, it's warm, and gives you a little boost. It's not adderall or anything but it's pretty decent.

joyce, they have internet in hell?

Op fails to see that women do not give a shit about drinking coffee or not. Op thinks that it is bad that women are superficial, when being superficial is the best thing that a human can do, and the only thing that women are and the sole thing that men fail to be.
Men invented the fantasy of depth, precisely because men fail to be women.
being superficial means that never ever wrong, because the depth that men cling to is meant to fade and be wrong, especially with the obvious natural pluralism of views [on any subject] that men despise.

this is why men are the cancer of humanity, but women manage to exploit this cancer in getting men to work for them. ANd op the fagget fails to see this, which makes a total beta.

There is nothing to expect from women besides being superficial and trivial, because there is nothing to except from the world which never ever deals with depth. fuck betas and their fantasies.

its a troll from /r9k/ its already been proven

hold it OP. where I am from

CANADA (1 gold!)

literally (figuratively) everyone walks around with coffee. Men from 18-40 women from 18-40

its not a gender thing its a stimulant that help you feel awake thing

The men part is wrong
It didn't happen, but it's true

Men are better than women, nu-male cuck

WE have depth. WE are creative. WE are ethical. WE are loyal. WE can truly love.

Women have none of that, and that's why the West is falling, and whiteness is disappearing

Coffee makes you irritable and overly-energetic as a motherfucker. They're using it as a pick-me-up (perhaps because they need it more than men...?)

All the people I've met who drink too much coffee have been some of the biggest douches and bitches I've ever met, incredibly easily angry and always artificially pumped up.

It's like Invasion of the Body-Snatchers, being infiltrated by caffeine...

I started college 14 years ago and can confirm this behavior.

I worked as a student manager for one of the one campus coffee shops and the overwhelming majority of customers were women.

Obviously there are exceptions, but seeing women walk around campus and show up in class with an expensive cup of coffee, or a latte was much more frequent than men.

When asking women at work about coffee, or just hearing them comment about it, the large majority of answers were

- I just LOOOVE my coffee!
or
- I just NEEEED my coffee!

Are there men who act like this? Of course. There are women who hate coffee too. Not as many though.

PS. Another trend I noticed during my time in college and after: women who would stop bothering to get dressed to go to class or go anywhere on campus in the morning.

When I just started there, nearly everyone was properly dressed in the morning when showing up to class, or eating. Around the time of my junior and senior year, this began changing a lot. Both men and women, but more women, began wearing sweatpants, hoodies and Ugg boots or even slippers out and about on campus.

The more I read stuff like that, the more I realize how insecure a lot of stem major are about their life choices. Theyre was a blog of a guy who was dying, an engineer, and his greatest pride in his last months was looking at his library and remembering the books he read.

Holy fuck dingus, who taught you to overthink like this?

People carry coffee to class because it's tasty and caffeinated, same reason as anyone else.

Meanwhile in Finland any adult who isn't a caffeine addict is looked at with suspicion.

>Because we all know college isn’t very serious—in fact, it’s the opposite: a complete f**king joke. Realistically, it’s a glorified daycare program for semi-adults. As long as you stay on top of your s**t enough, you can still get wasted 4 days a week (if not more) most weeks and do reasonably well. It’s not a job, it’s not stressful, it’s not something you need to drink coffee for

how's community college?

Same in Canada. Maybe it has to due with climate.

Yeah!
I mean, coffee? Really?

Men like BACON. We need the crispy Protein after doing SCIENCE and WOODWORK.

Sorry, "ladies", you can keep your bean-juice, the man's logical, empirical mind requires meaty BACON, baby!

Men don't do it though
why

t. Melissa McCarthy

Ha, It would be obvious to any true high-test male that my inspiration stems from none other than Ron Swanson.

I suggest you get your nose out that "women's post-trans-gender studies" book and do a little reading into Sam Harris. Then maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

>you just know that coffee is going to loosen up their bowels and by 12 in the afternoon they’re firing off a rancid mud rocket made of this morning’s bagel and yogurt into the toilet—which is a whole different scenario that I’m not willing to get into
Pls get into it.

speaking as a man who brings coffee to class, I just like having a coffee in the morning. But more than that, it helps me get comfortable, which God knows isn't easy when I have to get up for a morning class, because my sleeping habits aren't perfect.

I can't quite explain why coffee helps; why do people like the idea of sitting down with a hot tea in a comfy chair to read a book? Maybe it's a little bit of harmless ritual, mixing a few small physical pleasures with the main intellectual one—which may make it all a little more enjoyable. After all, reading books or listening to lectures, while mentally pleasurable, are not the most comfortable things to do. You sit in a chair for too long, and often not a comfortable chair. You hunch over a book or turn your head up to look at the lecture slides. If the comfort of a hot drink helps reconcile you to all those minor discomforts, what's the harm?

I`m a man, recent sociology major and I drink 3 coffees per day on average. I started drinking coffee in my teens and can't remember the whole context that went into me starting. I didn't drink to stay up at night studying or anything, but I like the buzz it gives in the morning. Coffee is a pleasant addiction to have, it tastes good and you don't get used to the taste like you would with cookies or something similar. It always have this standard taste which constantly satisfy my expectations.
The buzz is pretty bland compared to other substances, but it has this great advantage of not hindering productivity in a noticeable way. Sadly, I've been seeing coffee's public acceptability contested more and more this last year. It is an innocent and enjoyable weakness after all, but certain philistines have the more guilty weakness of conspiring against anything that doesn't fit into their square head. They should unite to write the next Freakonomics.

well the only reason I don't do it is because my coffee starts to get cold before class has started, so I drink it before I go in. but I always have the idea that I'm buying it to bring to class with me

women seem to have their shit together better than I do. they have their thermos for the drink, or maybe they buy it closer to when class starts, or maybe there's more to it.

What are some good books/authors that prominently feature coffee?
Something comfy that appeciates a nice, steamy, aromatic cup of coffee or the caffeinated lifestyle.