Guy's I'm sick of being a man-child. How can I force myself to like vegetables...

Guy's I'm sick of being a man-child. How can I force myself to like vegetables. They're the only food group I don't like, and I feel like I could cook much better meals if incorporated more vegetables into them. Help me Obi-Wan Veeky Forumsanobi you're my only hope.

The best veggies are meat flavoured vegetables

Serve them under gravy, or season lightly with msg powder before consumption.

A light brush of melted salted butter also helps.

You don't have to become a vegetarian, but becoming a vegetarian cook did wonders for my vegetable cookery--I kind of got bored with cooking meat all the time that i just stopped buying it, and wa la, i'm a great veg cook (i still eat meat if i'm out though). Vegetables are awesome you just have to learn what they should taste like.

Grilling them with strong, savory sauces is a good way to mask them without adding much fat. Olive oil is usually best for a simpler grill, but you could always do a sweet and salty soy marinade with pepper.

Savory stuff I like:
>roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze
>simple chopped onion, pepper, sweet potato, squash with olive oil in the oven or pan
>celery, bell pepper, or carrot sticks in garlic hummus

Over time, you should feel comfortable adding less to the vegetables.

Have you tried just eating them like a normal adult would?

eggplant parmesan

i couldnt not eat this

Stir-fries, stews, etc.

also whenever you make a spaghetti just bake a spaghetti squash

its fuckin so good

you just have to have a really good sauce just like any other pasta for it to work

Heres my patented spicy oriental chicken noodle broth, but i use spiralized courgette and carrot instead of noodles. Can post the recipe if you want

Shitloads of veg in there and tasty as fuck. Try to think of veg as added textures to your meals if you arent feeling the flavours of them

sure post it

Just start hiding them in stuff. Like stir fries. Or if you grate up carrots and mix it with beef in things like lasagna, stroganoff, spaghetti sauce, chili etc it just adds to the meatiness and you really dont taste any carrot at all. Celery and onions can also be chopped up and added to literally everything (soups, chili, spaghetti sauce, again, whatever the fuck). Learn how to make creamed corn, its delicious and easy. Same with stuffed peppers.

Everything I posted except MAYBE the creamed corn are basically impossible to fuck up.

I got over most of my dislikes or aversions to certain items through nothing other than sheer laziness and apathy.

Most of the advice offered here is decent

I also want to add, learn to cook them properly

90% of peoples problems with veggies, both as kids and adults, is from eating them cooked improperly and they taste/have the texture of garbage

Americans just cannot fucking cook vegetables I don't know what our problem is

this relates to my interests

Pre boil potatoes carrots and and parsnips. Roast the fuck out of them. Eat.

Sprinkle some salt, drizzle on some olive oil and roast the everliving fuck out of them. The Maillard reaction is your friend.

>How can I force myself to like vegetables.
you can't.

you CAN force yourself to EAT THEM regardless of whether or not you ENJOY THEM.

Unironically hang out with a vegan. If you're autistic enough to dislike vegetables, you're likely autistic enough to be unable to decline an offer of food.

When i was like 16 I had a mad vegie shepards pie at my mates place and realized vegies aren't all just boiled peas and corn.

GROW UP!

Learn to cook veggies properly

God, someone needs to teach that 3 year old how to use a fucking knife. Those cucumber slices are an eyesore so look at. Throw it in the garbage and make them start from the beginning until they did it right.

I'm going to be honest here; there's no way to learn to like something. You either do, or do not.
Now, I'd be willing to bet that you've had things in the past that weren't prepared properly. The only way to find this out, is to try different dishes that have veg in them, and see if something clicks.
If you totally don't like them, you have two challenges; getting them in your diet, and learning to use them.
Getting them in your diet isn't that hard, it's just a matter of learning to disguise them. Certain vegitation has a high umami flavor, and for this reason can be concealed easily with meat, just as one example.
Learning how to cook with vegetables, however... the fastest way to learn is to try them straight. I don't like tomatoes, but I've had them, and understand how to incorporate them into a dish based on their flavor profile. Get to know them, and you'll be able to sprinkle them in here & there no problem.

TL:DR
No way to like anything.
Learn flavors & disguise them.

Grow your own, faggot.

Fry them. Frying makes everything better, even vegetales.

Have them prepped by people who actually know how to cook

I had the same problem. I got a steamer with two chambers (with individual timers) and usually run one chamber for 30minutes with some potatoes and run the second one for 20minutes with some asparagus, mushrooms and some other vegs. When the steamer is finished I season with salt, black pepper and a little bit of fat (grassfed butter or olive oil or sesame oil ). It's quick and easy with almost no cleanup ( rinsing the steamer trays with water, plates go in the dishwasher). I used to be really grumpy and got better since I reduced processed foods and eat way more vegs. My increased libido is a little bit annoying, but eh.

everybody likes bellpeppers.

I grate cabbage and put a thick layer of it in my sandwiches. The flavor's nice but the texture is what really adds to it. The cabbage's presence actually greatly improves the sandwich. Whole wheat, salt, pepper, cabbage, onion, swiss and ham is lovely. Used to do the same thing with spinach until I found out it prevents you from absorbing most of its nutrients. Shredded cabbage tastes/feels better anyway.

The right cooking method can make most vegetables delicious, even eggplant

Roast, grill, stirfry are my favorites

Roast 'em.

I used to hate veggies but now I roast them instead of steaming or sautéing and they are godly.

This. When you learn to properly season and cook them and what to serve them with then vegetables are delicious as hell.

Not true. I used to hate ranch dressing ever since I was a kid. But I would generally taste it every time I went to a restaurant and it came on the plate. Normally I hated it but one day I tried it and was like "this is pretty good", and now I love the shit.

>liking different flavors than you
>autistic

I feel like the one who. Can't stand people doing things differently is the autistic one.

>Guy's I'm sick of being a man-child.
>How can I force myself to like vegetables.
It seems like you gonna stay a manchild for now.

Mix them with food you like, something as simple as some scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato, onion or the such.

my problem with vegetables is that they're fucking leaves and stems and shit. if you don't cook them much it tastes like you're eating a plant, because you are, and if you cook them more they turn into fibrous mush. most of them have a disgusting sulfur taste too. the best you can do cooking them is hide them in something that tastes good so you don't notice you're eating deer food.