You guys realize that art is a proxy for having enjoyable lives

you guys realize that art is a proxy for having enjoyable lives

What did he mean by this?

David is one of the truly 10/10 works of art of the world.

I think it's fairly clear lad what I meant
There is confessional art and there is escapist art, and both are a means of leaving behind actual living

Yes, what else would it be.

it's because it symbolizes the ultimate failure of art in achieving satisfaction because of Michaelangelo's tortured obsession with an impossible return to an ancient time which probably stemmed from his guilt of liking dicks

Of course, but I don't have an enjoyable life so I need it.

Not a controversial view to be sure.

I always thought his legs were awkwardly posed.

Oh? What do you recommend instead? A STEM degree?

there is nothing to recommend, your life will work or it won't. i have nothing against art, most of life for most people is totally pointless and unsatisfying

If you want money/like science then sure get a stem degree, but it isn't guaranteed to work

>your life will work or it won't
I daresay, I am wriggling in my flesh. Such wounds as these mend not.

It's literally just a stone man.

>one way of living is objectively better than another
>they are not all the same
>trust me guys, i said so

why?

>tfw there's no such thing as aesthetic beauty

What if art is part of what makes life enjoyable? I would agree that spending every day just reading and writing or something like that is not the ideal life to live, but say art isn't a part of living a full life is just dumb and obviously wrong.

>actual living
Seems pretty spooky to me. What exactly is this "actual living" and where can I find it?

>What exactly is this "actual living" and where can I find it?
Probably on /b/ desu.

For its fans, yes. Not for artists.

Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world.

Is the right one her stand?

I wish the homotopia was real

>Just "existing" is enjoyable.

>not even defining what perfection looks like

huh? The pose and expression are what make it good. He is sizing up Goliath before their fight. It is basically exactly how someone would stand when they are thinking "shit, i hope i can kill this big motherfucker!"

The view shown in the picture is a lame angle to view it from. It should be faced head on to get the proper impression.

Also keep in mind that he was originally placed facing Rome as a fuck you from the Medici family.