Is this the right place to discuss fossils? I've never seen fossils/paleontology threads here...

Is this the right place to discuss fossils? I've never seen fossils/paleontology threads here, but I'm not sure /an/ would be the right place either.

Anyways, if so, just a fossil general thread.

usually those threads get buried under a pile of math/physics bullshit

Ah, that explains it. I guess I'll start by showing my collection, it's not too big but I like it.

I can also show a zoomed-in picture of this one if you guys want, shows the stonefly pretty well.

do so

Here you go, dude.

>collecting literal shit

[spoiler]jk, I love fossils too OP[/spoiler]

Heh, I actually just got that one to see if a website was legit before buying my favourite one-- a spinosaurus tooth.

I'll post it next.
I can also suggest a couple good websites if you'd like-- got a couple of mine online.

This one is my favourite and probably the best quality one. Spino teeth in this quality are pretty rare.

these are cool

Thanks dude, appreciate it. Almost done, though, so I'm gonna slow down a bit to give the thread some time to grow.

Right, forgot to explain what this is-- it's a Megaloceros (giant deer/elk) legbone, it's pretty cool. Chip came from my aunt's golden retriever (since it won't fit in a display case, I keep it on a shelf-- dog thought it was a bone.)

Here's my last one, aa whale vertebae-- Not the biggest, but eh.

Bump

are you a paleo/archeologist by any chance?

Nope, studying biology, but I've always wanted to be a paleontologist. Too bad it doesn't pay well.

can't be worse than what a biologist makes?

Maybe, but it's also harder to find a job-- I'm working at a nature center right now, which can get me some nice contacts.

Still, I'm fine with either. If you have any questions about paleo I can try and answer them since I know a good deal, though.