I've been eating junk food for lunch for a while and I'm always hungry shortly afterward...

I've been eating junk food for lunch for a while and I'm always hungry shortly afterward, so I've decided I'm going to try making some sandwiches instead. What's some good stuff to put in a sandwich? Bonus points for not using deli meat, because it goes bad fairly quickly and I don't want to keep going to the store just for that.

Bread, cheese, meat, tomato, lettuce, mayo or mustard.

Pro-Tip 1: Put whatever condiment you desire(mayo...mustard) between any two items so that it doesn't make contact with the bread and make it soggy.

Pro Tip 2: Buy decent bread. Like bread from a real bakery. The fresh baked bread at your local grocery store isn't real bread. At major chains, it's parbarked spongey garbage(but still better than wonder bread.)

Pro Tip 3: Go to the deli counter and order however much shit you want for your sandwich. Once you do this a couple of times, you can plan out your purchase perfectly. "I want 35 slices of honey roasted turkey slices paperthin" or whatever.

Pro-Tip 4: Get next level with your mustards. Try out a brown, yellow, honey or any other different mustard. I used to hate that shit on sandwiches, now I fucking love it(even the boring yellow.)

Do you really need help making a fucking sandwich you pleb?

hummus and avocados for spreads

"Real bakery", "Deli", "Mustards" (plural).

Are you a fucking hipster or something?

Thanks, I'll definitely try these out. My sandwiches were always just plain meat, maybe that's why I found them boring, but now I have more options.

Nope, just someone who aspires to something other than McDonalds once in a while.

Stop ingesting simple carbs, ie; bread.

Microwavable brown rice is where its at my dude.

>stop eating carbs

>eat rice instead

stupid nigger

Screw sandwiches, get some wholewheat or corn tortillas and make some wraps.

He said simple carbs, brown rice is complex. Go read a book you doof.

I'm just not a fan of wraps, I don't like the way the food wraps around instead of being in vertical layers. I won't even eat a taco if it's a wrap, has to be a simple fold over.

Brown rice is inferior in that respect to regular parboiled rice. The starch becomes more resistant in the latter as it cools, dramatically lowering its glycemic index.

Never claimed otherwise.

Depends how you use them, they're pretty versatile in the way you shape/use them and let you have a higher filling to bread ratio thus cutting carbs for weight loss.

So bread contains simple carbs...sure. How does your body react with an influx of JUST complex carbs. I don't know so I'm asking.

Brown rice has protein, but not as much protein as two pieces of multigrain bread, 4-5 slices of turkey(easy example deli meat,) and a slice of cheese. Your body will process all of this more efficiently. Carbs and the protein will react together and distribute energy more efficiently. Sure your sandwich will be about 100 to 300 calories more than a cup of brown rice BUT it will be more satisfying and you won't feel like you ate a boring fucking handful of brown rice.

If you throw some awesome vegetables like tomatoes, avocado or even like a thinly sliced green on that fucker, you have a portable powerhouse of energy in your hand.

Just Sayin'!

I agree with you that sandwiches are better than rice, but you're assuming that rice isn't versatile like bread when it comes to being mixed with other ingredients.
Rice is used in stirfry, risotto, pilaf, soup/stew, golabki and a ton of other dishes. Sure there are variations in the kind of rice used, but the point still stands.

My go to is brie or camembert, fig jam and sun dried tomatoes with a bit of oregano and black pepper (and basil if I have it)

I used to really like figs until I read about them.

>Carbs and the protein will react together and distribute energy more efficiently.

Lol, what? You have no idea what you're talking about.

What about them? Skimmed the wiki page and found nothing.
I get them from a friend who has a few trees in his property so no chemicals

>mayo

Put some apple slices on it. Doesn't matter what kind you make, just slice some apples real thin and lay ' em on there.

This fag is probably worried about fig wasps. Pussy.