Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/mansplaining-cross-dressing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HUGNRY for DICK

Sometimes I can empathise with /pol/

Daily reminder that Hemingway was a tranny

what if he looked qt tho?

he's just being edgy

hes hetero, but he likes to 'research' his 'books' by making himself 'vulnerable' and walking around 'bad parts of town'

this, and he lacks all self-awareness

Not Ernie, but his youngest son, Gregory (Gloria). Yes.

vollmann is truly the most intelligent living human.

>constantly writes about being a reel man
>several stories about men with damaged genitals
>androgyny is prominent in his works as well
>felt that his own masculinity was inadequate
>fathered a tranny child
And most important,
>killed self

DFW aint die for this baka

then it would be okay

Vollmann is crazy. Thank god for him though. Fucks hookers, cross dresses, wars with the mujadeen, kills sister, shoots dope, writes 1000 page historical fiction novels

Has he ever actually admitted to fucking a hooker? I read The Atlas and he made it sound like he pays them to stand around in his hotel room while he stares at them mournfully.

He's a huge shitlord and his straight white male antics aren't fooling anyone:

>Yet she [Vollmann in drag] doesn’t necessarily look bad, except when she puts on a scowl; she just looks bigger than model-sized, and grown-up.

>Vollman has a thing for autodidacts and big thinkers: his prose here refers to Herbert Marcuse and to Gandhi, to Thoreau, to Dostoyevsky, to photographers from Man Ray to Steven Livick, but not (unless I missed it) to anybody before him who has spent any time thinking about what it means to reject the gender in which you grew up.

newyorker.com/books/page-turner/mansplaining-cross-dressing

I think it's more than likely that he fucked a lot of Vietnamese, Cambodian, or Thai prostitutes. He had to do somewhat lewd things with the Americans so they didn't think he was a cop.

Please stay in your containment boards.

Why do bitter progressives think that attacking Hemingway's masculinity is some biting critique of his writing?

Nobody who's graduated high school reads Hemingway to pretend they're Arnold Schwarzenegger . His masculine posturing isn't some devastating psychological insight that shocks anybody who enjoys his stories; it's the source of half their beauty and intelligence

bitter progressives?

I don't post on any of the boards you're thinking of. I just find it ironic and amusing that the guy who wrote that article is so mad that Vollmann is not being the right kind of tranny. You will literally never be able to please these people, it's like the sectarian disputes in the Byzantine empire.

Since that article is a review of the book Vollmann wrote about his Dolores persona, it's completely germane to this discussion.

not the other user, but i'm reading the article and this dude is hilariously deep in the trutrans shenanigans of a narcissist.

dolores from the review is supposed to be an extension of vollmann's badness and misunderstanding, but i'd rather hang out with dolores from that article alone than stephanie. you done fucked some shit up when the antagonist is the one the audience roots for. if stephen had been born stephanie, she would be a mean mean girl.

bumping for more vollmann antics

where would I start with Vollman. he's been on my to read list for a while now and think i'll take him on next after i'm done with Pynchon. any recs would be appreciated.

you bright & risen angels

He wants to be beautiful

stop oppressing me with your labels, bigot. I don't need to wear dresses and makeup to be considered "beautiful"

>You Bright and Risen Angels is a 1987 novel by William T. Vollmann, detailing a fictional war between insects and the forces of modern civilization.
uh, okay. anything slightly more grounded or is he somewhat of a fabulist?

The degeneracy of a trap is inversely proportional to how cute he is