Who else here keeps carp in the bathtub so they can be prepared for christmas dinner?

Who else here keeps carp in the bathtub so they can be prepared for christmas dinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UiY6OguolJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

t. wladislaw

This sounds like a Russian thing to do but that bathroom looks too nice for a Rusky poster.

No, but I sometimes keep crawdads in my bathtub before cooking them. They pretty much completely cover the floor and make funny noises.

t. Fish shit in bathtub man

we used to do that when i was a kid, i can still remember that. but we haven't done it for over two decades
my family is polish, we also do this

Carp is fucking disgusting fish bottom feeder that eats shit from other fish and carp tastes like fucking mud.
Carp is fucking grossly tasting fish for poor fuckers that Royalty made popular for them so Royalty can eat freshwater trout.

That's the truth about the so fucking popular carp for Christmas dinner.
Fuck that piece of mud tasting bottom feeder.
Give me fucking freshwater trout.

I agree with you to be honest familyalamalam
Merry Christmas

OP is a poor cunt

>my family is polish, we also do this
My apology to my Polish friends (great people protecting Europe from muddies in 1683)
but carp is not good you deserve better my Polish friend you deserve what your Kings ate the delicious trout (pstrong).

that's a big fish

Throwing it in a tub for a bit helps filter out all the shit they were eating and makes them taste better.

I would not eat that fish no matter what cleaning process is used
There are much better cleaner fish to eat.

for you

i like how carp tastes

slav christmas dinner, nice and soapy

seriously though your tub's full of soap residue so you're really just giving the fish a hard time and ruining your meat, I don't understand this meme tradition

not to mention that of all fish you choose the boniest fucking thing you can find

I punch carp.

ever tried...I dunno, rinsing the tub? I assume you are from the States?

Also, it's poor mans fish so they're cheap, they are freshwater - the countries (and counties) where these are eaten traditionally are landlocked or far from the sea.

It's mostly from tradition by now, I eat salmon, but my gran still keeps (and kills) her carp, you're supposed to keep them in a milk based marinade overnight before cooking.

The fuck?

I keep a duck in the tub

>and

Best carp recipe my grandfather ever shared with me called for carp to be kept in the trash forever.

lol

Do you let the carp fuck your wife too?

Are you going to eat it with Christmas? I love confit de canard with Christmas.

>Take mud fish
>Clean a little bit of the lifetime accumulated mud and shit
>durr is gud now

You should try our other fantastic christmas dishes

>fried herring
>squashed peas mixed with boiled cabbage
>dumplings with poppy seeds
>mushroom soup
>carp in jelly
>fruit soup
>gingerbread soup (sometimes with dark beer)
>pierogi with cabbage
>pierogi with mushrooms
>pierogi with cabbage AND mushrooms
>boiled grain with mushrooms
>jewish carp

Of course, ducks are for eating.

Couldn't you get a portable pool thing instead?

Hey how about taking a bath with them?

Timestamp please. I want to believe.

>>jewish carp
carps cant be jews user

Why bother when the bathtub works fine?

You're thinking of lobsters

Why bother having a toilet then?

carps cant be jews either
their heads are too slimy and pointy so the yarmulkes wont stay on

I think my parents did this exactly once. I can't remember anymore, I was maybe two and a half.

I kept calling it fishie and trying to play with it. Broke my father's heart. He had to call a neighbour over to kill it. Then my parents spent the evening picking tiny bones out of their meal.

Next year they switched to tilapia fillets. Nowadays we also deep fry shrimp sometimes. Tasty. Much nicer than carp.

signed a Slovak.

I got a freshly caught carp from some Carpathians while camping and it was fucking horrible.

Austrian here. We do it too.

Wtf is going on here

t. Canadian

You should slowly replace the water with marinade so the carp evolve to live on it and marinate themselves because that's how evolution works.

I like you.

No, but I keep lobster in the toilet tank

A CUTE

Who else here keeps lizards in the bathtub so they can be prepared for New Year's Eve feast?
youtu.be/UiY6OguolJo

Kek, sorry you yuropoors are so poor you have to eat carp.

When i was a kid we used to catch them in the river and sell them to homeless bums for 50 cents each.

Who else here keeps deer in the bathtub ready for christmas dinner? Saves time

>when your population is so resource strapped that it resorts to eating insects and carp

>mfw carp is a local specialty in my area
>mfw carp is actively farmed in big areas here
I didn't think carp was considered that bad until I came here. It was always a fine meal especially during carp season.

>implying I don't shit in bathtubs and showers.

>I didn't think carp was considered that bad until I came here.
Holy shit, what did you do?

Maybe farmed carp is better. In the states we put carp in lakes and ponds to keep them clean. They taste like shit because that's literally what they eat.

It is being kept in special ponds which can be drained so they can be caught easier.
Also they are being feed and not older than 2 years plus a 2 week period in clean water.

Many eat it for Christmas either fried or cooked in a mi of vinegar and herb.

Beijing here and we do the same thing.

>confit de canard
I dare you to say confit without sounding pretentious

When I was 3 or 4, I went with my grandparents to family in the village. They gave us a goose as a gift. That is, an uncle chopped off its head and I watched it stumble around headless before it realized it was dead. Then the whole house smelled like bird blood while grandma was up all night prepping it. Didn't even taste good

who else keep cheese in the tub for easy prep lol

Kek

is that like $100 worth of cheese balls?

It's an investment

I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat carp unless you live in some third world country and starving.

Carp? What the fuck?

Who the hell eats carp, let alone eats carp for Christmas dinner?

Is this a polish thing?

hmmmmm there's something fishy about this post.

howdja guess!

My family is Czech and we do this too, must be a Slav thing

>mfw as a kid going to wash my hands (cause the toilet's in another room) and there's a fucking fish in our super deep bathtub

Top puf. Never change Veeky Forums

Awh.

How do I activate my carp Veeky Forums?

do yuropenises really eat carp?

>carp
>not delicious

this thread is full of plebs

Also, don't forget that Alton Brown confirmed that carp is Good Eats™ in that one episode.

Fun fact: the toilet tanks in Hong Kong flushes with sea water - so guess what some seafood restaurants get their water when they are located in the middle of the island...

What do you feed the carp?

I wonder, since freshwater fish won't have iodine, is there any health benefit to eating them at all?

haha that's funny story user,
yes, as a 12 years old I was also watching chickens with heads chopped off running for like 3 minutes against the fence spilling the blood all over ,
it was bizarre and creepy, but the chicken soup was so good,
naturally fed no chemicals birds

lol

>>carp in jelly
>>jewish carp
I like all of your choices except for carp fish, carp eats from the bottom,
I prefer fish that eats clean food from the top
like trout (pstrong)

Everything sounds "pretentious" to you because you are fucking retarded.

Don't forget that Alton Brown steals donut holes and has super AIDS

not really
I have them kill and disembowel the carp (while keeping the roe) when I buy it.

this to be desu
I unironically love the taste of carp.

if you love taste of mud that's OK user.
some people prefer clean taste of their fish.

Doesn't the chlorine in the water kill the fish?

Also I've had cats that wouldn't eat carp

>Doesn't the chlorine in the water kill the fish?

It might eventually, but you're only keeping the fish for a couple of days. It lives that long.

>tfw your carp jumps out of the bathtub

the pipes?

They are an invasive species that destroy the ecosystems they inhabit. What country are they being added?

Reread that. No we don't add them in the states lol.

>has to catch fish to sell for $0.50
>has to associate with vagrants
>y-you're p-poor, not me

>mud taste
no, you just don't know how to cook. there are many ways, for example look here

I wonder, could you like build a chicken farm above the carp, chicken poop goes into lake, feeds carp, you can sell carp and chicken eggs, and even chickens, it'll be like its own little balanced eco system? What if you dumped some lobster and shrimp too. See where I'm going with this? Sustainable eating.

My aunt died this way, she didn't see they were in the tub and jumped right in, she was devoured in seconds.

Did you still eat the carp, I'm assuming the tub was filled with carp. I wonder if that improved the flavor if you did indeed do so.

The police took the carps (there were three of them) away as evidence.

Pigs, probably cooked them up and ate them themselves, that sucks.

On a side note, all this carp = horrible, my parents eat all sorts of weird fish, I once suggested buying carp and my dad roughhoused me in the fish market, he got really pissed, like I told him to eat crap. A lot of people get turned off by carp. I heard one recipe is good, carp fried up with corn meal of some sort.

>it lives in the mud, so therefore it must taste like mud
Like shrimp and lobster?

>eats shit, tastes like shit
What about filter feeders, such as clams, mussels and the like?

This is the most coonass post I've ever read here, thank you good sir.

carp is crap
period

It doesn't sound good. Nothing that kills the carps mud taste fits with corn. And you have to do that, not unmudding the carp is like not boiling the pasta. That's what most of the people in this thread do; eat spaghetti straight from the box and then cry on the internet that europoors don't know what is good food.

Wrong

>lobster?

But they swim backwards .

Carp is a traditional Christmas food. That's why people here it. Not because it's high quality meat.

If I want to eat nice freshwater fish I'll buy a trout. But on Christmas eve, it's carp for me.