How do millennials fall into the mind trap of thinking that home-cooked meals are more expensive than microwavable...

How do millennials fall into the mind trap of thinking that home-cooked meals are more expensive than microwavable trash and fast food?

Nobody my age seems to know how to cook their own meals, nor do they want to, they honestly believe it's too expensive and not worth their time.

Where the fuck do they get these beliefs?

How do millennials fall into the trap of thinking they're special compared to other millennials?

Clearly it's the right wing neck beards you are associating with. I'm a successful as fuck, high test, bernie/hillary supporter, who pulls plenty of library up front, supports themselves, real business in the bedroom/in the rear grills lime scented punanies, and half of my god tier cooking inspiration comes from Chinese cartoons.

It's 2016. Even your president is a fucking inn keeper. Cooking is a man's game.

It's morning in Europe OP, keep the thread alive for 6 hours and you'll get som replies

You have some lunch tips for a guy with a rather nasty cold though?

Have a funny picture too faggot

Nobody believes that. Anyone who tells you that is lying to make excuses about not wanting to cook.

Well. If you live in bunfuck nowhere like Alaska, north Canada, Iceland, inner Russia or any other place that is too extreme on the weather it can be quite expensive to make home-cooked meals.

Alas, tropical countries in South America has it better than the rest of the world. Food in the market is cheap, fresh and delicious. The rule is to home-cook the meal, fast food and microwavable are the exception (not to mention that they're too expensive aside from noodles)

dry goods are cheaper and better no matter where you live

Their idea of homecooked meals IS microwave and oven meals which are expensive compared to Maccas.

Dont blame millenials tho, blame their parents. Home cookin died out in the late 70s. Millenials born after that were raised to believe stouffers mac n cheese is home cooking

>1 x 25lb rice pack for ~$10 every month or so
>4 x 8-pack burritos for $10 every month
>2 x dozen eggs for $10 every month
>10 x canned beans for ~$6 every month
>2 x gallon of milk for $5 every month
>2 x variety vegitable pack for $5 every month
>2 x bread for $4 every month
>2 x mushrooms packs for $4 every month
>1 x peanut butter for $2
>1 x sliced cheese pack /m $2
>2 x butter slice /m $2
>1 x oil / m $2
>1 x salt/sugar /m $2
~$64

This is roughly my monthly food budget.

>burrito + fried egg
>bread + fried egg
>french toasts
>fried rice with mushrooms/eggs
>rice/beans/mushrooms
>fried rice with vegetable pack
>peanut butter/sandwich
>grilled cheese sandwich
>bread/milk
>rice/butter/sugar
>rice/butter/salt
I go random rotation on these types of food. I don't think I'm missing much. Am I?

Because places like Whole Foods give the impression that it's expensive to feed yourself well, and they think affordable grocery shopping means making spaghetti sauce with ketchup and butter.

vegetables

Already have variety vegetables pack x 2

missed that

right on

>fruit, veggies, and spices dont exist

2 veggie packs for the whole month?? its prob shit tier carrots and cauliflower. fuck off the butter cheese and eggs, buy some greens and chili powder

I could probably add bit more of vegetables like spinach. Spices are meme. Salt does the job 99% of the time. I've rarely eaten fruits, each time I buy, I end up forgetting to eat and they simply die off

bit late now but I like to make a spag bol with lots of black pepper and a good pinch or two of chilli powder
will clear out your sinuses

>Salt does the job 99% of the time
Enjoy your plain food and high blood pressure.

I spend about $400/mo for myself and my girlfriend; a large portion of that is fruit, veggies, and nuts. We buy a lot of flour, rice, and beans, but those are fairly cheap.

>salt does the job

millennials were raised eating the meals cooked by their upper middle class mother for their family of 5+. turns out when you try to cook the same things for just yourself it is pretty expensive and you either eat the leftovers for a week or the trash gets it.

>literally no one thinks this
>everyone is really tired after 8 hours of WoW/actual jobs

> tfw I worked full time and was enrolled in 125% of full time credit-hours in university (2012 @ 20) and still managed to live alone and cook for myself/clean up after myself and be a functioning adult.

i'm going to answer this as if it's a serious question

>they honestly believe it's too expensive and not worth their time.
Yes, and it's because that's the narrative that has been given to them in many advertisements throughout their lives. Every fast food advert says that it's cheap and easy, even though fast food is not cheap. They also believe that fast food is something they cannot replicate. People seem to assume that food in general is just magically produced in some factory somewhere and that actually cooking or growing food is the equivalent to making your own shoes. That cooking is difficult, expensive and wasteful. Like this idiot who thinks that throwing a burrito or hamburger together at home is hard. When in reality you spend more time and money going out than it would cost making it yourself, and it's really easy. Another contributing factor here is that their parents probably didn't cook much either. The fast food craze started when millennials parents were born they didn't have much experience with it to begin with. Also like said some of them had moronic parents who had money to burn and they never learned how to eat on a budget.

One of the biggest lies they believe is that you need a drink other than water with your meal. I'm convinced that soda is the number one reason why Americans and Mexicans are so fat. They drink it or alcohol at almost every meal and they seem to think that if you're drinking water that means you're either a dumb health nut or you're poor.

People fear what they don't understand. A lot of millennials were never taught to cook so they automatically assume it's some kind of difficult or expensive endeavor.

Fucking this. I went to school, worked, and still had time to cook.

>Fucking this. I went to school, worked, and still had time to cook.

I sometimes think that experiencing childhood poverty is beneficial to being an adult. When you remember living off of poached wildlife, WIC, and home-made everything because that was all you could afford, you get pretty good at being frugal as an adult.

This.

Yeah that's how I learned to live on rice, beans, ramen, and peanut butter.

Its not poverty that makes a person smart.

I can tell you, there are people just as poor as me around me yet they can't think of future for shit.

There are also people who make twice as much as me, yet have literally no savings to show for because they blow it all up whenever they get their money.

And blame it on the government. Its simply genetics factor.

the Time involved

>One of the biggest lies they believe is that you need a drink other than water with your meal. I'm convinced that soda is the number one reason why Americans and Mexicans are so fat. They drink it or alcohol at almost every meal and they seem to think that if you're drinking water that means you're either a dumb health nut or you're poor.

>went an American restaurant
>a waiter asked me what drink I will have
>I said water
>looked around other people and I am the only one having water for drink
Why can't Americans eat with water and not with other drinks?

I usually get unsweet tea when I go out, but when you look around everyone is either drinking soda or beer. At home I drink water. When I moved out from my parents I had to ween myself off of soda because I seemed addicted to it. Now water and tea is actually enjoyable to drink and soda is the treat it's meant to be.

You attract shitty friends. All my friends cook.

>unsweet tea
Patrician choice. Black tea or green tea?

Wow buddy you're getting ahead of yourself. In america we do not serve any specific tea. It is called "iced tea" and nobody knows what's in it. If they have actual tea it's usually some basic Lipton assortment.

The only places around here that serve real tea are Asian owned. There's a Korean guy who makes fresh tea around the corner from me. They're iced in unmarked plastic bottles but the flavors are amazing. The ginger is almost too intense for me.

Because it actually is more expensive than fast food? I could either:
>A. Buy pots/pans/cooking equipment, ingredients, expensive as fuck spices, if I want anything more than spaghetti/burgers/steak/salad for dinner every night, double the price of ingredients. Spend an hour and a half cooking then cleaning and then go to bed because it took away the rest of my free time I don't have because I'm a millennial with a shit job, probably working fast food.
OR
>B. Pay a little extra to get food that I don't even have to make by someone who has already done A.

You what now

imho would feed millenials to dog

:(

From every marketing division in every corporation, that's where. We're raised on coke, so it's normal to us. Water tastes funny if you move around, coke always tastes the same. The sugar does the rest, and everyone's suckered in.

>sugar

I think you mean high fructose corn syrup amerifat

tfw no pupper