Feminists have done it again

>But I am not a fan of “Stoner.” First, along with other female readers, I am put off by Williams’s misogyny. Second, as a professor of English, I am dismayed by the pedantry and narrow-mindedness of his teaching and his treatment of a dissenting student.

>misogany
LOL WAT

How in hell was William Stoner a misogynist? He gave all his love and affection to his wife Edith, only for her to take it and throw it all in the garbage. Even after they both were fully aware of their failed marriage he still supported her in everything she did meanwhile at the same time she sabotaged his life in every single way. She made sure to distance their daughter away from William. She even
went as far as destroying his study and life's work. She practially drained him of all the happiness he had left.....
Where exactly in the story was he a misogynist?

washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/classic-stoner-not-so-fast/2015/11/02/9f0ed5aa-7db3-11e5-b575-d8dcfedb4ea1_story.html?tid=kp_google#comments

School of resentment. Look it up user. Journalism is ruined.

The article is referring to the author's misogyny in writing females as terrible people.

This, but also you would do well to not take clickbait too seriously

That would be true if she didn't include
>Second, as a professor of English, I am dismayed by the pedantry and narrow-mindedness of his teaching and his treatment of a dissenting student.

which is referring to Stoners treatment of Walker after he failed to do his report. Hard to tell who she is referring to here. Most likely a feminist brainfart overload.

Not gonna give them clicks but based off your greentext she just seems like another dumb whore given a platform to promulgate her feminist ideology, and project her resentment on to anything that does not conform.

See

>The article is referring to the author's misogyny in writing females as terrible people.

No she isn't.

Thats racist bruv

>wtf I hate John Williams now

what does this mean.

/tv/ meme
Also use a question mark when asking a question.

Hey, here's what I do whenever I encounter stupid bullshit: I ignore it.

>Fails to understand that Edith is angry with her husband because he couldn't provide for her the life she wanted to have, and is now stuck in that unhappiness with him.
>Fails to understand that Walker's brilliance is a parallel to Lomax's, and is illustrated to be a representation of a kind of flashy hollow teaching that is more excitement than substance.
>Doesn't even touch the meaty deep descriptive interludes between events which explain all of this, perhaps they were too mysognistic for her.

It would be an absolute disaster for this person to teach. Too bad she's apparently already a teacher.

Kek

Katherine proves that Williams was not a misogynist. Edith was a complex rendering of how badly conventional households fuck up girls/women. Hell, feminists should love this book because it heavily criticizes how past generations handled girls.

Also, the comment about pedantry makes no sense. Reading the book from STONER'S perspective shows the reader that he did nothing wrong and meant well.

More and more I think modern feminism is a mask stretched over the natural inclination of women to always lay the blame on men - writ large.

>Edith was a complex rendering of how badly conventional households fuck up girls/women.

This is what I got from it too, but I wouldn't say "conventional", I'd say 40s style patriarchal bourgeois households.

I think Edith was well-written, at least considering the book is written from the perspective of Stoner himself.

>williams's
That's a reference to John Williams, the author not William stoner, the character

>Williams's
Shouldn't it be Williams'?

Am I missing something?

Both are considered accurate and both refer to the author

Either way, I don't get your point.

Calling someone a misogynist because they wrote a female character you don't like is retarded autistic behavior.

Are both correct?
Fucking teachers, man.

>Calling someone a misogynist because they wrote a female character you don't like is retarded autistic behavior.

Yup.

Good lads, people are so rooted in their prejudices they think shes an unsympathetic bitch or that Stoner is a misogynist/

What a stupid fucking cunt this woman is.

Everybody knows why Edith is the way she is. She's a sheltered child raised to be a perfect ornament, and is subsequently thrown into married life lacking all of the development of a normal human being.

Walker gets an F because he's a fraud. He didn't write the assignment as he was supposed to, and is unable to produce a manuscript when asked. He was blagging like he blags his way through life.

The crippled features are not used to display evil they are used to show a bond between Lomax and Walker. You understand the illogical affection Lomax has for the young man.

Just fuck off and stop poisoning everything that is beautiful on the planet because you're a worthless producer of nothing-but-bile.

To feminists, everything created by a male is misogynist.

Even in stories that feature despicable male characters of every stripe, they will always zero in on any female characters and look at only those.

>they think shes an unsympathetic bitch

Well she was pretty passive-aggressive at times, but if you look at the whole story and not just individual instances, it's hard to not view her as a victim of her sheltered socialization process.

yknow you're right but i have no idea why you would read such a trash article in the first place

When does summer end in the US?

September 21

This would be fairly negligible if not for the fact that this woman is a teacher. With people like her the school of resentment will soon be literal.

FUCKING HWHITE MALE

I'm so sick of women ruining the fucking world. They should all just be raped.

misogyny doesn't often mean just "hatred"

it often includes things such as prejudices or even a wrong kind of love of women

you could have very positive feelings towards women but still treat them as inferior and weak and so on, maybe helping them out all the time - in this case, many people would call you a misogynist

>misogyny doesn't often mean just "hatred"

oh, then I guess it's no big deal. Nothing to worry about

How the fuck can people even seriously be a feminist is beyond me. Feminists, journalists, need to be gassed.

Yea I also hate how woman have property rights and the ability to vote. Our great, great, great grandpas knew how to treat women.

Ebin :-DDD
Pro tip: gas yourself.

Do resentment school style teachers hate Stoner because it shields itself from their criticism of it?

Look at how incensed Lomax and Walker get when Stoner refuses to recommend Walker pass. They automatically imply that it's because Stoner hates disabled people even though Stoner clearly stated that it was because while intelligent, Walker's knowledge of literature was hollow.He doesn't want someone like that to teach. He believes in the now-radical proposition that someone teaching literature ought to know literature first and foremost and that their preconceptions of certain genres or motifs ought to be based not on what they've been told, but on what they've read and figured out for themselves - in other words, exactly the opposite of the third-wave feminist teachings. Stoner wants people to work for their positions as he did, not hand it out to them because they're disabled

More than anything, this makes me want to read Stoner again.

>I only know of 3rd wave feminism

>How in hell was William Stoner a misogynist?
What the fuck does it matter? Being a grown up is having the ability to accept that other people think differently than you do. She sounds like that type of person that the moment anyone brings up a different thought, she shuts up and folds her arms, all angry and shit

>Believing that women have rights

>writes a male as a flawed character
Haunting. An accurate and refreshing portrayal of man.

>writes a female as a flawed character
MYYSSSOOOGAAANNNYY

what the fuck, everyone. is this thread a parody? is this thread virtual art-criticism of outrage culture, of the modern faces of ressentiment? if this whole thread is not just top tier bait, this is outrageous and every participant should be ashamed.

Sage this.

The term school of resentment is directly referencing academia

So if a woman in someone's work isn't a good person, the author is a misogynist? Wow, people can be fucking mongoloids.

>le mr superior

off yourself at your earliest convenience

yeah she is a bitch, but she has good reason to be a bitch. makes you feel bad for the bitch.

HAHAHHAHAHA

Posting a cool stoner quote.

Anytime Veeky Forums actually discusses a book should be cherished, though.

we're you having a fucking seizure when you underlined all that?

Naw just meth.

>Williams's
>s's

>Believing in the ontology of rights