Hello, are there any mac n cheese patricians here? Could you help me identify a long lost treasure?

Hello, are there any mac n cheese patricians here? Could you help me identify a long lost treasure?

Growing up, I would often be babysitted by a patrician family down the street. One thing that stood out in the opulent lifestyle is that their mac n cheese was different from the peasant kraft box mac n cheese garbage my parents fed me.

Specifically, it was shell shaped with a sharp upper class-tasting white cheese. I'm no expert in patrician cheeses but it was definitely not mozzerrela (which, let's be honest, is for phonies trying to act patrician).

To this day, I have not tasted such a royal cheese ever again. Any idea what that could be?

Actual cheddar i.e. not the powdered orange crap

Probably Fromunda cheese.

please say "patrician" more you massive fag

They probably used aged sharp white cheddar.

provalone

We really are in dire need of a cheese general, tbqh.

This low born guttersnipe had Velveeta Queso Blanco and thinks it was fancy because his family had only licked the inside of discarded off brand cheese powder packets

>Any idea what that could be?

You provided very little information so the best guess is sharp cheddar.

That doesn't have a sharp taste.

Real, good provolone has a sharp taste. The shitty pre-sliced stuff people buy for sandwiches has almost no flavor

Probably Kraft Velveeta shells...

The bourgeios would never serve peasant food.

>Hello, are there any mac n cheese patricians here?
starch and fat is the worst combo for your health.

If you're going to eat starch, skip the fat. And don't eat much fat no matter what.

This and Gouda and or fontina

one of the most american posts i've ever seen in my life

'upper-class tasting white cheese' jesus christ

it was Annie's you tard

They're so used to kraft singles and other "cheese products" that anything that's real cheese is a delicacy.

It was a patrician cheese, you asshole!

IT WASNT FROM A BOX DUDE

THEY MADE IT WITH NOODLES AND CHEESE AND A RECIPE

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF THAT

okay..so buy some shell pasta. okay. now learn about how to make a bechamel sauce. Add some of the cheeses mentioned in this thread, probably the white cheddar gouda and fontina. enjoy your childhood memories. If not, continue experimenting with other white cheeses. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

it was probably havarti, chedder, camembert.

other way around, dumbass.

you can eat a good bit of fat, just be extremely sparing with starches.

It was probably this OP.

White cheddar.

Pic related the most patrician of mac&cheeses

This man is a bastard and a son of a bitch

>you can eat a good bit of fat, just be extremely sparing with starches.
aaackually, you are wrong. I eat barely any fat, but load up on starches, like bread and legumes, and I'm trim and getting thinner by the day.

try asagio or parmesan with some white cheddar and melt it into some heavy cream

this

staple for me whenever I'm too lazy to make a whole meal

there was a cafe in my town that served pretty decent macaroni; bigger pasta, a little overcooked desu, but the sauce was very different from any i've had elsewhere. it was sharp, almost sour, and quite thin. i suspect they might have used a blue cheese.

ROUX, SHARP CHEDDAR, GRUYERE, PARMESAN, MILK. DONZO

oh i forgot FRESHLY GRATED NUTMEG U HEATHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

>thinking that family didn't just use boxed Pasta Roni
stfu fags.