What is the best food book? Preferably about sweets

What is the best food book? Preferably about sweets.

Veiny NEGRO Penis Becomes Chocolate When Clicked

Not a book, please don't try to derail the thread, cuckold.

Green and Blacks do good chocolate recipe books.

the redwall series

I'm not looking for recipe books, more just a story about chefs, food, restaurant hustling etc.

Go fuck yourself then.

Anthony Bourdain is a good choice in that case, though a lot of the books are mostly about drugs between the food.
If you want to start with the Greeks, there's Archestratos' poem, but that's mostly about fish. Some editions of it are designed for those who want to recreate the recipes, and usually published under the title The Life of Luxury.

Very high quality post. It's sad that you even took the time to write that out. Do you feel better now?

That pic on the right looks like a dick.

He mad. Poor OP.

>It's sad that you even took 4 seconds to type that out.
Hwat?

dagashi kashi

>he hasn't seen chef

Penguin put out a series of books of great food writing a while back, but I can't track down any ebooks other than the Charles Lamb book and the real set is expensive. I think some of the Lamb stuff is online for free.

this

I knew a girl who revered Anthony Bourdain and became a chef and did way too much alcohol and drugs.

Explains a lot.

But books are better than food, friend :)

Lestrygonians chapter in Ulysses.

>all these people saying the snickers looks like a big black dick without realizing that's the point of the whole picture

Guys
Really
Come on

charlie and the chocolate factory

Khalid Boudou, Pizza Maffia is the only book that comes to mind, and it's horrible.

michael pollan's 'in defense of food' and 'the omnivore's dilemma' may be interesting to you. for bullshit edgy stories about culinary assholes, look into 'waiter rant' and 'kitchen confidential', though from experience in working in kitchens, i would say you may do best to stick to diners, drive-ins, and dives, unironically my favourite food show.

pic related, although this cover is terrible and doesn't really suit the book. find the first edition cover if you can.

Old fashioned memes used by summerfags.

where dat cheese sandwich gif/webm homie

>for free.

The lamest internet meme.

Elizabeth David

That fact that both Penguin Classics and NYRB have published books by her should say something about her writing.

Probably the most literary non-fiction about cooking you could get.

Fried Green Tomatoes

>candied almonds
>candied almonds everywhere
this is true desu
also fun to read
is it Veeky Forums-approved YA?