Why do places like Taco Bell have the best flour tortillas? They are so soft and thin...

Why do places like Taco Bell have the best flour tortillas? They are so soft and thin, every store brand I try is thick as fuck and chewy

The tortillas aren't much different. What you're missing is that the restaurants heat them up prior to making your food. That makes the tortillas soft.

Your problem isn't the tortilla, it's your technique. Heat them fuckers up before making your tacos/burritos/etc.

This. Places like Chipotle even press them.

This. Nuke the torts for a short time and they get soft and good.

that's not a press, it's a steamer. The handle you see them press down on doesn't generate force, rather it shoots the steam into the heater.

bullshit

Just google "tortilla steamer" user.

I'm just imagining someone picking up a package of flour tortillas from the store, taking them home, pulling them right from the package and filling them without heating them up in some way first. It makes me cringe. Who would even do that? Every one knows they need to be warm. The packages even tell you they do. It's because of this that premade packages of tortillas even have directions on how to use them which is awful in its own right.

This really didn't need to be it's own thread.

When I was a kid, I'd put peanut butter and a banana in a cold tortilla, wrap it and eat it

Probably would have had a better texture if you warmed it first and some of the peanut butter got slightly melted like a sauce around the banana. I think I may actually try that now that I think about it.

Taco Bell is easily the best fast food restaurant.

dat cheesy potato burrito
hnnggggghhhhh

Tried this.
Not bad.

That would go over great in USA I think. I wonder why we don't have it here. At least not at the one I go to.

What's the latest meme food at taco Bell anyway? I can't go often anymore, last meme I had was a steakhouse burrito w chili con queso.

It's called the "loaded potato griller" here in the U.S.

You'll probably have it soon if it proves popular.
They use the UK as a test ground.

That's not the same thing.

beefy nacho load griller is top tier

cheesy gordita crunch is a CLASSIC

$1 tacos are back. Double Stack tacos are a basic crunchy taco with 2 sauces and then they wrap in cheese and soft taco

Sounds OK. I miss the floppy grilled nachos or whatever that thing was. It was a tip top delicious meme.

They just started having double stacked tacos today. It's a tortilla with cheese + sauce wrapped around a taco. There are 3 different flavors, they're all pretty good. My favorite is the cool habanero.

Flour tortillas are gross gringo shit like white bread

Taco Bell's flour tortillas are gross as hell.

They have a weird gross taste to them.

Make your own at home.

Anyone else think Taco Bell quality has gone to absolute shit in recent years? It's not like it used to be great but now everything on the menu tastes like shit. Also sales must not be good because them changing up their menu every month reeks of desperation.

I make my own. It's not that much work and the result is infinitely better

Fast food was never good, congrats, your taste buds are maturing

>Nuke the torts

nope. they need moisture too. the packaging on tortillas even tells you to place them between two damp paper towels before microwaving. restaurant kitchens are generally moist places, which is how taco bell gets away with heating their "tillas on a burner for only a few secs.

Heating tortillas does nothing to make them soft and thin like at Taco Bell, who's tortillas are like a thin edible soft wrapping paper