Fuck this shit lit. Fuck this god damn bullshit. I want to read a book that's actually fun...

Fuck this shit lit. Fuck this god damn bullshit. I want to read a book that's actually fun. I was just trying to read Hunger by Knut Hamsun, STILL, and it's just not fun. What's a book that's actually fun to read? Gimme something weird and cool and FUCKED UP. I really liked The Wasp Factory. I mean like, gimme a book where cool shit actually happens. You know what was another book I liked? In The Miso Soup by Ryu Mirakami.

Other urls found in this thread:

saddude69.tumblr.com/
youtu.be/7-xGKQVrBdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The two books you mentioned are good but do you absolutely need an endless procession of wacky cuhrazy shocking acts and twists to have fun? Plenty of people have "fun" reading books outside the boundaries of your rigid tastes.

Hunger marked the beginning of literature fully exploring the interior of the modern mind. It's the first voice of its kind. Plus it's pretty short. Like a two day thing if you just give it some faith. The protagonists from Hunger and Notes from Underground are basically Veeky Forumsposters 19th century edition. If only you aimed at deriving aesthetic pleasure from truth and the keen use of language rather than edge-of-your-seat thrills! Video games and movies do the latter just as well as literature, with visual and tactile aids I might add, but not so much the former. Literature far surpasses the visual arts in the former aim.

>reading "for fun"

This is worse then the faggots reading "for enjoyment", or even "for the plot".

i've got that hieronymus bosch book
it's fucking awesome

thanks for listening

Yeah I have the book too. I love it. I don't have the 100 dollar one with the fold out pictures though, I have the other version. It's still my favorite art book I own, and I have a dali, an escher, and a book about the dada movement (I really like these too though).

Salem's Lot by Stephen King is a fun read.

Fuck this guy. I know that feel that you're feeling. Sometimes you just want to read for yucks. Sometimes you don't feel like crawling up some author's asshole for the lit points.

>crawling up some author's asshole for the lit points.
t. pleb that wants to brag about being in the patrician club

If that's what reading literature is to you, then why don't you just fuck off to reddit or tumblr and talk about your Stephen Kings, John Greens and Haruki Murakamis where people won't make fun of you for it?

You can't talk about books on tumblr, it's a website for people to reblog pictures and writings and videos to their own blogs. Honestly, all these people who talk about tumblr as if it was just this big round table where all the gender fucked social justice warriors sit around and talk about oppression because it's their safe space or something. You know fucking nothing about tumblr and the vast arrays of blogs dedicated to artwork, tumblr is honestly an artist's dream. You find so much art work on tumblr, and if you don't think that's awesome or at least respect that then you're really a philistine.

Myra Breckinridge

Snow Crash is exactly what you want op

hahah holy shit

PMS

Is that all you can say? Is that all you can do is laugh at something without actually taking a second to question whether or not you're wrong? It's the mark of an honest person, to not only look for evidence that proves their point of view, but also evidence that disproves their point of view.

>Is that all you can say?
There's nothing else to do but laugh at you. You sperged out over a simple insult and took it entirely too far. You're really passionate about tumblr.

Fuck off back to KC faggot.

Here's my tumblr, scroll down a ways and you can see for yourself all the art that you can find on tumblr. It's also a great place to just write stuff and not care about what you write. saddude69.tumblr.com/

Perfume by Patrick Suskind, Person by Sam Pink, A Driver's Guide to Hitting Pedestrians by Andersen Prunty, and go ahead and give 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade a try

>and go ahead and give 120 Days of Sodom by the Marquis de Sade a try

there's a new translation of that being published by penguin next month. see pic related. i've preordered it. looking forward to reading it on a couple of long haul flights i've got coming up. should be a conversation starter, i reckon.

i splashed out on the big version. the foldouts don't really add very much to it, really. i also have the vermeer book in the same format, which is beautiful.

if you've ever got a bit of cash to splash on an art book, i recommend pic related. it picks out lots of the little details in paintings by bosch and his contemporaries. the book is massive and the illustrations are awesome.

Looking forward to it as well. That cover is fantastic.

ohhhh sweet. I'm gonna get it too. Hopefully they release it in hardcover. I would own that shit.

>i splashed out on the big version
how many inches tall is it?

I want the Caravaggio book. There's also this great book on the surrealist movement from the Themes and Movements series (I have the dada book from this series). Reasonably big, 300 pages of all sorts of different artists. It's like 50 bucks though, so a bit expensive. That one you just posted I added to my shopping cart. Maybe some week if I'm not buying anything else on my wishlist I'll just get that.

This really doesn't make any sense. You're an absolute idiot if you read despite not having any fun doing it.

measured it especially for ya, user. it's about 15.75 inches (about 40cm). it came in a special briefcase-type box but i put that away in a cupboard

here's where it lives, together with some guidebooks from art galleries, the vermeer book i mentioned, and the glorious art of pinup book (they came in briefcase boxes too). taschen is an awesome publisher. if you ever get the chance, go to one of their retail stores and look around their special editions.

>You know fucking nothing about tumblr
I don't, I'll admit it. And perhaps it wasn't quite correct of me to speak of it like that. If you weren't a pedantic shit, you would have gotten my point anyway though.

Nice

Shit, that vermeer book costs 100 dollars.

and if you like vermeer, it's worth it. the reproductions of the paintings are beautiful. it's almost as good as standing in front of the originals (which i did, at the rijksmuseum and elsewhere)

and incidentally, if you like vermeer, watch andrew graham-dixon's documentary about him.
youtu.be/7-xGKQVrBdA
i love the way he actually gets quite emotional at the end.

American Psycho
It's not a masterpiece, but you'll definitely have fun with it.

Trumbo's Johnny Got His Gun. Narrated by a WWI soldier who lost his arms, legs, mouth, nose, eyes, and ears to a mortar shell. First 90-100 pages are kind of slow and repetitive, but it quickly picks up after that. Very interesting as tries to figure out things like how to measure time passing and how to communicate with his caretaker, plus his thoughts on war, patriotism, sacrifice, existentialism, etc. The use of stream of consciousness narration is a bit tedious at first as well, but also becomes wonderfully executed as you get deeper into it. Highly recommend.