How do you keep yourself from overeating and keep exercising regularly? Like I've done it before...

How do you keep yourself from overeating and keep exercising regularly? Like I've done it before, I lost 20 pounds a few months ago, but I need to lose more and I just STOPPED trying and I don't know how to get back into that mindset.

Other urls found in this thread:

princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Personally I remember that I watched my dad eat himself to death and I don't want to go down that way.

ride a bike fatty

Smoke weed daily for like a month or so, and then stop smoking.

You won't get hungry for a while after that. I've forgotten to eat for a day before, myself, and I used to be fairly gluttonous. Lost 30 lbs, or a little more than 2 stone.

If you live in a place you can't get it then, I dunno, just stop eating. More than that, go on hikes, run, walk around places in your city you don't normally see. Make exercise interesting in whatever way you can.

Best of luck OP.

Like others have said, keep active, you are mainly eating just out of boredom.

this

Thanks a lot everyone.

Fuck, this is so true and I always forget it.

I motivated myself to lose 50 pounds because I really wanted to wear girls clothes.

Just follow your dreams.

Cocaine

I don't know. I went through a phase where I was obsessed with working out and dieting. Lasted about 2 years. I would feel very uncomfortable if I missed a day at the gym. Then I went out to a party got really drunk, got laid and then after that I just stopped working out and dieting.

Find an exercise you like.

Get into the habit of buying things that satisfy the following criteria:
1. High fiber.
2. High protein.
3. Low sugar.
4. High water.

It's possible but seriously hard to overreat stuff which is satiating and not calorically dense, especially when your BMR is so high already.

I know how hard it is to get back into your work out routine after a break. I just started 2 weeks ago after a three months break due to illness. The only advice I can give you is to start small but START moving your fat ass. Ignore your mind when its telling you to sit down and keep going. do half of your normal routine and build your way back up.

I don't know how to answer this question without using cliches, but the truth is that once you force yourself to start it will get easier from there, working out makes you feel good physically and mentally.

I gained 45lbs since last year, started working out and lost weight several times but would stop. Now I have a job at a warehouse though, so that will hopefully help my fat ass. I don't even need to eat as much as I do, it's like my brain or gut just wants to because food is there. Ugh.

I work.

I exercise cause it makes me feel better

Log everything you eat. Measure everything. If the hassle keeps you from eating at all, you're doing it right.

all you have to do is abstain from fat and most sugar, and only eat two meals a day, and don't snack. start cooking your own beans and eating them. bread is also fine.

It just becomes a part of every day routine and you stop thinking about it after a while.

start smoking

I got depressed and ate like 600 calories max a day for about half a year. Your stomach shrinks after a while. You become physically unable to eat more, and you kind of stop wanting to. It's not healthy, and I wouldn't recommend it.

My advice is to try to do one of those things you listed. Either exercise more, or eat less. Just make sure that your calculate your daily calorie expenditure and undercut it by at least 300 or so calories, and just keep doing it regardless of whatever progress you're making, every day. It'll work eventually.

What works for me OP was developing a taste for vegetables. 100 grams of frozen peas satisfies any sweet craving I do get and the macros for those is something like 5g protein 9 carbs and 4g fiber. After enough time I've really learned to crave and enjoy steamed whole carrots, steamed broccoli, peas and things like steamed or roasted sweet potato which I chuck in the freezer afterwards and eat frozen as it alters the GI and makes the resistant starch more prominent, thereby reducing total sugar content and increasing fiber. Mix that with homemade Taziki or my favourite which is cottage cheese mixed with psyllium powder and onion powder
Can eat so much fucking food when you change the way you indulge your gluttonous ways.
Other things are stuffing whole peppers with chopped veg and other low cal things or silverbeet leaves and lettuce leaves as substitute for bread
It just really is a matter of adjustment and it comes sooner than one realises if one just sticks to it for a period of time
They say it takes a month to kick a habit after all
Don't get too obsessed with exercise
Push-ups pull-ups inverted rows and dips ar good enough

Stop cooking easy food and go straight for the complex stuff, turn cooking itself into a hobby, buy good tools and ingredients, basically turn cooking into a well preserved ritual of your own, celebrate and respect it.

Try to make a plan of ingredients for your food and not use it for a gew days once you had it (of course I'm not talking abou basic stuff like onions and garlic)

Might sound weird but i lost a ton of weight this way.

i recommend poverty.

I usually forget to eat when playing video games

cut out soda. HFCS messes up your ability to regulate your appetite. You will eat more after consuming it.

princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

only if you have no self control. i have one can of soda per day at work and have still lost over 60 pounds since june

>lose weight
>high protein
shitter, lifters eat high protein to GAIN mass. protein is for weight GAIN. it cant do both

Protein is more difficult to convert into body fat than carbs and fats and takes more energy to do so.