ITT: overpriced food you can't stop devouring on a regular basis

ITT: overpriced food you can't stop devouring on a regular basis

Recently got a chick fil a in my city

Still doesn't beat a mcchicken imho

buffalo wild wings. prices are fucking stupid but i really enjoy the wings and sauce.

so you prefer industrial grade ground chicken beaks and claws formed into patties to breaded chicken breast?

guess so

it helps if you've had a bunch of beer

regional mid atlantic gold

what are top 3 sauces?

americans

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

every time i eat a chick fila sandwich im disappointing as fuck i cant explain it

theres nothing wrong with it its just like boring

>that sauce
you got my attention, what is that?

Wendy's.
(#2) Dave's Hot and Juicy Double.
Just the sandwich.

When done right, shits GOAT.

it's a special honey mustard sauce. unlike most honey mustards, it's not creamy at all, but translucent.

>I'm going to call you "3-for-free"
That's not as good as "Doublemint Dave"

I started feeling the same recently. I never cared for the nuggets or strips, the salads are meh, and the sandwiches are either pickle only or pickle, lettuce, and tomato. I wouldn't mind some red onion, at the very least. And how about some fucking onion rings or something?

The breakfast? God tier. Best breakfast burritos and sausage biscuits.

I probably eat here 3 times a week

rip my wallet

Mcdonalds

85 cent boneless wings on Thursday, I know they're not -really- wings but it's still the most economical way to eat there

It's like $6 for a large waffle fries, as much sauce as you want, a fat ass chicken sandwich, and a drink.

How are you so poor? Do you work in a restaurant? Go back to school, faggot.

gay

Beef

There is only one where I live and it is in an obscure part of town so it took me a while to find It. I've only had the Tuscan one and shit is fucking cash. What other sandwiches do you recommend user? Also which sandwich is that?

Honey BBQ
Caribbean Jerk
Mango Habanero

in my humble opinion, of course

>thinks getting a drink makes it a good deal
>implying I wouldn't rather have more food instead of loading up on 20000% marked up diabetes water

is this a meme? how is garbage-tier shitty fast food overpriced, exactly?

1. blazin
its not a traditional flavor but its a flavor i enjoy. alao enjoy the heat.
2. wild
traditional wing sauce with a bit more heat.
3. caribbean jerk
its a weird sauce and i like it. so sticky

I live in Australia where a big mac meal costs upwards of $11

Thats how
No meme

nothing H about your O, fag.

I'm not a fan of jerk, it's way too sweet.

HOW IN THE HOLY HELL IS SIX DOLLARS FOR A COMBO THAT INCLUDES THE BEST CHICKEN SANDWICH ON EARTH CONSIDERED TOO EXPENSIVE?

This. I'm more than happy to pay the extra dollar or two to get a sandwich I really truly enjoy.

Dude, you also make a fucking shitload more even for unskilled minimum wage jobs, and dont have to pay for shit like health care. You dont spend a fortune on gas to heat your homes because its always warm, your car doesn't rust away because they dont salt the roads. There aren't niggers and spics everywhere shooting up the place and stealing your shit. Stop bawwwwing about the price of a Big Mac when you live in a fucking paradise.

Nicely McMeme'd good sir.

jimmy john's. because i work there i get it for free. shit's not worth the price. i have to slice the turkey and after years of smelling the turkey vomit juice from the package the turkey bathes in i literally can no longer handle the taste of any turkey anymore. it's our most popular meat. i've taught other people to slice it for me because it's also the worst meat to slice; it shreds apart every slice. since we aren't allowed to waste anything i have to throw those scraps onto portions. we're supposed to hide the scraps underneath the bigger slices.

everything in jimmy john's is supposed to be freshly sliced, weighed correctly, and look nice. while i can accomplish all that on my own in a good time, my associates certainly can't. an apprentice slicing turkey can only make garbage-looking portions.

and the bread is always inconsistent because it's fucking bread with no preservatives. everytime you eat jimmy john's it's a gamble.

Its called gold rush sauce its basicly a spicy honey with shaved peppers in it.

Jesus fuck, this was me when I used to work at Panera. I just got flash backs of dealing with those packages of turkey. Opening the deli-sliced meats was (disgusting, but) fine compared to the bags of roasted turkey and chicken after thawing those out (the turkey was probably the worst; I wonder if it's the same supplier).

We had the same problem with the breads too. They're also preservative free. The problem lay with having different bakers throughout the day though. Some were more competent and consistent than others. The lazy ones would do shit like underproof the breads or leave the pastries in the ovens too long. I really hate it when they mess up the breads because it fucks up production line's abilities to make sandwiches, especially anything on sour dough which is almost always tiny, and yet idiots with a lot of money insist in ordering the Roasted turkey avocado blt which comes in the tiny ass sour dough and slimy roasted turkey. God I fucking hated making those.

That being said, I mainly only ate there when I used to work there, but I'll get the occasional bagel, even though Dunkin Donuts down the road sells the same kinds for half the price.

I've only ever eaten chick-fil-a once in my life and I didn't care much for it. I can't really put my finger on why, though. There was no one thing that made it unsatisfying, more like a series of smaller things that built up, I guess?

If you eat it regularly it adds up

Honeycomb, local honey makers always charge up the ass for it but I always get ridiculous cravings for the stuff

what is the safest thing to eat at penera for lunch/dinner?

Wingstop

You forgot how its Australia and literally every non-human thing there is designed to kill you.

The more metal my sandwich is, the better.

Oh shit the fucking double down. Miss those fuckers and the indigestion/burned fingers combo that comes with them...

don't eat all the time but Jersey Mikes

also hooked on AYCE Korean BBQ which is always 20-30 bucks but very worth it

Fucking pic related. I have such a hard time justifying the price at almost a dollar a pack vs Maruchan at around 15 cents a pack. But it is so much fucking better

>Jersey Mikes

one just opened in my town. what do you recommend?

>overpriced
>a sandwich is 2.99

protip: combo meals are a scam

Mango Habanero
Thai (dry, still great)
Asian Zing

>prices are fucking stupid but i really enjoy the wings and sauce.
>85 cent boneless wings on Thursday
this has to be bait

>12 dollars for a sandwhich and drink

I fucking hat it so much but damn is it not a guilty pleasure

overpriced? you can buy like 4 chicken sandies for like 12 bucks, not bad imo

Jimmy Johns and Chipotle are probably the biggest fucking meme fast food joints around

>everyone says JJ is the shit
>go there
>bread is actual shit
>little to no meat
>toppings are limited and crappy
>they never even put enough of what you ask on

I think it's called a mikes club but it has turkey roast beef cheese and bacon, very good.

They also have good cheesesteaks

If Jersey Mikes had a hot sauce bar I'd go to them over firehouse

I never understood why anyone liked jimmy johns. The sandwiches they serve are convenience store tier garbage.

Have you ever eaten a convenience store sandwich? They're definitely not even close to as bad as one of those. it's also way better than eating at a Subway.

Publix sushi

Not him but even WaWa or 7/11 is better

Look I've had Wawa and 7/11 sandwiches, they barely constitute food. Speedway sucks too

In terms of value for the money they are fine, wasn't saying quality my b

I love yummy tits

I just add jalapeno and chili spread

it may not be kick your ass hot but a good natural heat

Then again firehouses hot sauce bar kinda intimidates me. Don't know any of the sauces and they don't seem to have to go containers, if so you would need like 10

and big ass

your argument is invalid due to COL adjustment
i still have literally no idea how this thread can exist....

Maybe it's not as bad as convenience store sandwiches but its pretty bad. I consider subway to be better than jimmy johns.

What makes you think they are different? they are both fast food.

They are precisely the same. Shitgrade chemically laced meat, bread and vegetables. The only difference between one FF joint and another are the combination of chemicals they use for their "sauces."

its basically patent law

Chick Fil A is a bit over priced but I consider that a surcharge for the service. Their food is OK, but where they really shine is:

1. Clean Stores

2. Incredibly fast, articulate, friendly service. Sometimes too friendly. Had some cashier ask me how my day was out of the blue and it took me a second to recover and form a coherent reply. Yes I am a yankee.

3. Like ridiculously fast. Even when I (very politely and understanding it's a pain in the ass) ask for lunch stuff during breakfast service. Shit turns out fast.

4. Not once have I seen a nigger working at one. Which doesn't mean no black people. There is a fucking difference between a black person and a nigger just like there's a difference between a white person and a hillbilly. The only black girl I ever saw in one was oreo as fuck.

5. Chic Fil A Sauce

Being the liberal cuck I am, I was a little disturbed by the whole anti-gay brainwashing camp thing, but ultimately decided the freedom of those teenagers was not equal to my need for chicken sandwhiches. Sorry Johnny, just learn to fuck your girlfriend in the ass, it's the catholic thing to do anyway.

that is probably the issue we've always had with employees who work too fast to meet the 30 second sandwich goal. there's also always an issue with getting people just to practice proper portioning and understand how important it is. the kids who work for me seriously can't visualize a tablespoon of avocado. it's even worse when an area manager or a corporate auditor comes around and is literally staring down all my in-shops while they make sandwiches, who probably feel more pressure to make food faster, without much desire to make them neater.

if you see a guy wearing a polo making your food he's probably a manager and knows his shit. my store doesn't hand out polos to just anyone.

i'd recommend never asking for anything to be cut in half, because the dull knife squeezes the toppings out. our sharpest knives are only for bread starters. most stores won't have more than like 2 sharp knives unless it's corporate.

my bread consistency is getting better but that's always the problem, it's getting perfect bread and also managing the store. it feels like i'm preparing a huge thanksgiving dinner every day by myself and also greeting all the guests at the same time. my bread usually turns out pretty nice, i realize it's a huge part of the experience. it also depends on what time it was pulled out to thaw. even if i know what i'm doing and am confident in my bread-making skills, if the previous manager fugged up the thaw cycle timing for me, i have awful, unworkable bread, and literally no choice but to bake it.

anything with a bubble in it is not supposed to make it into your hands. it means it's spent at least three shifts sitting in the cooler before it was baked. it'll also have a harder shell to it.

I've never had a problem with my local jimmy jams. Just comes down to your nearby shop like any other corporate franchise shithole I guess.

I will say Jimmy Johns has better sandwhiches, but Jersey Mikes has better portions for price (if inferior quality)

>someone else in this world calls my store jimmhu jambs like me

Theres at minimum 3 teenage qts at every chik fil a franchise, its some sort of hiring minimum I think. And that goes for men and women.

big yummy

Everything should be fine, really. Places like Panera tend to hire young people who can be pretty lazy sometimes, but since they don't have franchised units, (district) managers and health dept are hard nosed about safety.

I don't particularly trust the pastas since they're microwaved (arrive frozen, thawed out, and moved to a cooler on day of serving iirc); I've seen bags explode. Soups and mac and cheese are fine if you're ok with sous vide.