Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Who are some poets with styles similar to the lyrics of Townes Van Zandt?

i've only listened to Live at The Old Quarter (tho i've listened to that a lot) what do you reccomend from him?

s/t, Our Mother the Mountain and Flyin' Shoes are all great releases. I'd say everything he released in the 60s besides his first album (For the Sake of the Song) is worth a listen though.

I'm curious about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The animated disney film is one of my favourites and I don't know if I will enjoy the book(s) as an adult.

Is it purely for children?

thanks friend

Okay, so I decided to start with the Greeks. I've got a fairly decent selection of books to start off with (plays, poetry, philosophy etc) and I also have a book called "Classical Literary Criticism". It is a collection of classics writings (Greek and Roman) about literature.

Now what I want to know is: should I read this before or after the Greeks? It feels like there are advantages to both but I cannot decide.

Actually meant to say everything in the 60s and 70s.

I never liked the disney alice movie as a kid but I recently read the two novels and adored them. also not Veeky Forums- but check out jan svankmajer's alice film

>Is it purely for children?

no, the books can easily be read as a kind of surreal adventure. you will probably also recognise some of the situations, poems etc because they have been so influential. however, if you are actually genuinely reading the books for the first time as an adult, you will feel a pang of regret for not having read them as a child and carried the knowledge of them with you.

keep in mind that the disney film is as different from the original as, say, the disney winnie the pooh is from the original stories.

also, make sure you get an edition with the original tenniel illustrations. original and best.

Good to know, I probably will read them then. I'll also look up the film.

I definitely want the original illustrations. Thank you.

What are the meme traps on Veeky Forums? Sometimes you recommend books ironically and as a pleb I can't tell the difference all the time.

Is Infinite Jest and DFW is generally liked or are you guys shitposting? How about classics?

Everything is memes, newfriend

Highway Kind is a good later live album. The version of The Hole on that album is amazing

how do I into Shakespeare?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. If someone recommends you a book, search it and find out if it sounds interesting.

Another little secret, people have different opinions. Some here hate DFW, some here love him and others (like me) think he is okay.

Read some plays. With annotations if you need.

Make sure you read Macbeth, Hamlet, King Lear, Othello and Romeo and Juliet. After that try The Tempest, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merchant of Venice and The Winter's Tale. Out of the History plays read the Henry cycle and Richard III.

Watch some plays. If you don't have any near you you could try good filmed versions. The recent Hollow Crown versions of Richard II, Henry IV-Henry VI and Richard III were good stuff overall.

What's the best edition of finnegans wake?

How do I write good?

I swear to god I've posted asking if anyone has read this like 3 times and only gotten shitposts in response. Please someone tell me if they've read it, what their opinion was, and why

>tell me if they've read it
No
>what their opinion was
Don't have one
>and why
Because I haven't read it

is _____ any good?

why is it when I _______?

did anyone else think ______ when read _______ ?

No, and you should leave this board for even asking.

b-b-but boss I can't trust myself to read a book without reading other people's opinons first. I need this place.

No. Read it. Also watch Švankmajer's adaptation.

I have 3 audible credits, what should I get?

Pre-0AD literature that isn't Greek or Roman?

bump