What schools produce the most literate students and is Yale still an elite school?

What schools produce the most literate students and is Yale still an elite school?

Other urls found in this thread:

conspiracyschool.com/blog/holiness-sin-freud-frankfurt-school-and-kabbalah
henrymakow.com/2016/01/Frankfurt-School-is-Illuminati-Jewish-Satanism.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I HATE AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same question but Oxbridge.

none, you just have to read books

>nigger communists ruining schools
get it together americans

You'd have to understand the Yale style of teaching to get why they cover such topics. I guess that requires some sort of contact with it.

That's quite large class tho.

What do you know about Yale professors? How and why does their teaching style impact the course content?

Wow.

Yale is much more based on discussion. They aren't just going to take notes on what Deray thinks about looting, they'll discuss and argue. And of course a big part of that is arguing seemingly obvious issues that actually aren't so obvious.

Only someone intelligent enough to be accepted to such a brainwashing institute and simultaneously retarded to go there would ever utter something like that. Obviously it's a troll but still.

If I want to discuss obvious issues with annoying retards I can just head over to the vegan café across the street...

Looting seems unjustifiable unless you subscribe to some edgy ideology like anarchy.

Or lmao

if you're decent at rhetoric you can completely control tutorial discussions
I suggested that Schindler's List was part of a wider Jewish conspiracy and got commended for it

>being rich enough for ivy league
>having the grades to get in during highschool
fucking nerds

>hard-won
I guess you say that's true if you have to brave a hail of roof Korean bullets to get your loot, otherwise, no.

Any tips on books for becoming a master rhetorician like you?

But yet you still can't get into Yale. Isn't life weird and also unfair.

Not the whole picture, but as far as you're right, it's useful to be able to argue to people with different beliefs/value systems/ideologies to yourself.

The question of looting is quite interesting too since most common law places take into account motive/belief. In a lot of circumstances it isn't stealing if you didn't think it was stealing.

Niggers only do high risk high reward stuff, but high risk != hard.

I have no sympathy for these black lives matter retards as long as they allow themselves to be led by these commies. Maybe try not committing crimes rather than arguing that they are actually moral and brave if you don't want to be put down.

Lmao I probably could get into Yale if I wanted to (I have the grades, references and I'm not half-bad at selling myself), but why would I want to?

it's mostly practice
choose an opinion you know would be unacceptable to say out loud and try to find a way to express it without actually saying it
when it comes to debate it may sound generic but the Platonic dialogues are great tbqh (the key is that your opponent should arrive at the point through dialect, as opposed to you trying to convince them)

hm, it's the part where you find the way of expressing it without saying it that's tricky. How did you sell the Jewish conspiracy to them, for example?

>But yet you still can't get into Yale. Isn't life weird and also unfair.
"But yet" I did...

>and I'm not half-bad at selling myself
They kicked out all the admissions staff into rent boys back in the 90s user ;^)

I mean great for you bro, but if you don't understand why you might want to go I'd suggest taking a tour and asking questions. Top schools have a lot of opportunities but there's little point in pontificating about this to someone such as yourself.

lmao if you don't understand why I might not want to go, you might want to consider killing yourself. US unis are literally shit tier, even the ones that rank higher than Oxbridge and ETH are shit in comparison and infested with retards, niggers and SJWs (not that the differentiation is really necessary). Of course the postgrad stuff might be good, but unless you are some parvenu looking to make your way quickly there is zero point.

>even the ones that rank higher than Oxbridge
I'm Oxon bro. Don't try that "UK is just better" bs. There are issues in "Oxbridge" just as there are elsewhere. But "Oxbridge and above" are all going to be great unis where you can learn a lot and do a lot.

True. Would you like to elaborate on your problems? Is the pleb intake as bad as in the states?

I basically said that Schindler's List was made so that Jews could control the Holocaust narrative
on its own that sounds sort of anti-semitic but I made sure to mention that other groups that I don't care about were also affected and those groups are being excluded (make sure to use the lingo of your opponent) from the narrative

Australian National University goes quite well, primarily a research uni so small student base and lots of intelligent knowledgeable staff

ANU is full of drama kiddies

I think you just have a chip on your shoulder bro.

Where Oxford really falls down is the social side. Much of the social shit is just to push class divide shit. And in some ways the atmosphere is too coddling I guess.

That's true tho. It also helps that Schindler's list is a shit film.

Hobbes said the exact same thing in the Leviathan.

I didn't even watch the film

Nah it's pretty evenly divided between STEM students (lots of funding bc blessed schmitt) and wannabe politicians, at least they study philosophy and economics as requirements for their degree so they aren't fully retarded.

I just watch the open courses on Yale's youtube channel for free, I followed the ones on ancient Greek history, listening to music and political philosophy.

>Much of the social shit is just to push class divide shit

I ask about problems and you mention something great. Might have to apply now, even. Are you speaking about money or culture class, though? I can't stand new money plebs...

Does any university provide an atmosphere similar to the beat period while maintaining academic integrity and intensity ?

Go and find out yourself ;^)

>atmosphere similar to the beat period

Why in the fuck would you ever want that...

Go to brown you hippie

Oxford here. Would agree. It is also dispiritingly leftist. I've also found that 'academic debate' here is severely limited and that the institution genuinely looks down on other universities - this fosters an insularity that seems to go against everything the senior academics here claim international scholarship is about.

Only got a year left, looking forward to getting out desu.

Probably some of the French ones.

Some friends from Germany had university lives you might enjoy. They lived in a weird converted flat in a clocktower and partied and shot the shit a lot.

If he is actually at Oxford, he is probably referring to the way the JCRs, MCRs and OUSU try desperately to be working-class heroes, that money and privilege are things to be ashamed of.

It's an SJW heaven here m8. Get past the beautiful old buildings - the window dressing - and you could be in any former polytechnic to be honest.

Eccentric writers and poets + drugs of all sorts sounds like a good combination to me. Would be fun to hang around for a while.

Hm I didn't know that the polytechnics were SJW heavens.... But thanks for the info m8. Is Cambridge identical?

>never see an educated negro
>only see violent criminal negros who loot and tweet and tweet about looting all day
>always assume negros would would stop being retard tweeting looter criminals if they were educated
>always assume that racists are just assholes who want to assign a reductivist biological cause to a more subtle economic and social problem
>negro attains an education
>"Ah yes, you see, the transcendental moral imperative of the Negroid is quite indeedily to loot, for looting is sanctioned by the economic bondage of the Negroid vis-a-vis the white man, ergo, apropos, bix nood mufugga. Allow me to cite @Tayquanda on Twitter on the subject of twerking.."

Can't tell if you're being ironic

>"But why is it bad to grab an opportunity to improve well-being"

I sure hope they don't complain when someone protects their own well-being by bifurcating their brain with a hollow point.

Top zozzle. Good post lad.

Have never been, only been at Oxford, so couldn't say first hand.

>Deray
>Communist

He's like the embodiment of neoliberalism. Politicians and large donors love him.

Sounds agreeable, too bad they make it about race and not class though. They're part of the diversion that way, filthy liberals.

communists need to be put down
not because you're dangerous you just shit me with these roleplay fantasies

Are you saying class divisions aren't real, mate?

that's now what I'm saying

Are you saying class is artificial?

*not
I'm just saying your ilk is annoying (I like being annoyed though)

Artificiality/non-artificiality is a false dichotomy desu

Not at all. For instance, that very claim is artificial and is used to attack the very real and non-artificial reasons for class division.

This stuff makes me racist.

>In modern pedagogy, dunce caps are extremely rare.

>Yale’s charm had not only worn away at last but also was revealing now the toxic layers beneath, as Kit came to understand how little the place was about studying and learning, much less finding a transcendent world in imaginaries or vectors

>revealing Yale to be no more really than a sort of highhat technical school for learning to be a Yale Man, if not indeed a factory for turning out Yale Men, gentlemen but no scholars except inadvertently, and that was about it.

IMMORAL IMMORAL

NOT AMORAL

FUUUUUCKKKIIINNNG NNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiii NNNNNNIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii---- NNNNNNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIII GHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-------

>american blacks defend criminality

Your country is insane.

Their safe zone to do whatever they want will be removed as soon as it's expedient to the political classes

>implying he's wrong.

I dont get it. They hate to be stereotyped but have a class DEFENDING their negative association and right to be a criminal? How is this education? How does it prepare these kids for a future?

& co.
>Taking the bait this hard.

>/pol/ attempts recruitment.
Cringed.

Anyone who ascribes to "racial realism" is either stupid or ignorant. Anyone who buys into the statistics and charts /pol/ throws around needs to brush up on statistical analysis. Educate yourself on the realities of racism and poverty before you speak again. Now get the fuck off my board.

They hate Western civilisation but yet enjoy the fruits of it? Life isn't good in a country without the rule of law, democracy and private property rights.

It's strange to think that if you are the descendant of an African living on the west coast you would hope that he be taken into slavery as you will have a much higher standard of living for it.

>if you don't understand why I might not want to go, you might want to consider killing yourself

No, you don't have the option. Guaranteed you couldn't cut it. Just look at your rhetoric.

Didn't they cancel a debate on abortion because both speakers were male?

I always wanted to go to Oxford but I applied for Cambridge but got rejected as I knew fuck all about economics aside from the fact that I wanted to do it.

They don't hate western civilisation. If they did, they wouldn't live here. They hate how there people are treated on an individual and institutional level.

what's wrong with this image

What do you study?

>They hate how there people are treated on an individual and institutional level
But clearly not enough to live elsewhere, right? I mean for all their bitching this is clearly a better option than anywhere else, or they'd just move. It's not really any different than petulant gamers who complain about the dev company being exploitative and lazy yet they still play the game and even pay money for micro transactions.

Even if you could you never would, because it'd create a risk of failure which would prove you're not as smart as you think you are. Safer for your ego to remain an "unconventional" intellect who never has to actually prove himself to anybody.

this almost gave an aneurysm

>not even arguing that its not immoral
>its not even AMORAL

And people wonder why I am dedicated to being perpetually and enthusiastically suicidal

I like that you compare the cries of gamers to RACISM that impacts people lives in huge ways.

Here's a reality for you: stores are not magic goods factories, and looting them is not a victimless crime. You are destroying and thieving the property of other people and harming their livelihood. This destructive behavior actually ends up coming full circle to harm the blacks when these businesses end up closing or moving to other areas. As a result the black neighborhoods become poorer. For reference, see Detroit and black areas in LA or even more recently Ferguson, which is still reeling from the looting even 2 years later. In fact the city is facing bankruptcy.

Tell me again about the morality of looting.

>RACISM that impacts people lives in huge ways
Reading mean comments on twitter is hardly a big impact and that's about the extent of most Yale students exposure to "racism" beyond whatever imagined slights they see in their white peers' everyday behavior. People who live in ghettos experience real prejudice every day, and that includes the white people who live in the slums as well as black, yet you'll never hear an ivory tower liberal acknowledge it because they've never set one foot outside their safe space in upper middle class America.

Not the same user, but also studying at oxford.

It always baffles me how the the USA posters on this board are able to 'pierce the veil of Ivy league branding' and see these overrated universities for what they 'really' are: finishing schools for the elite and hives for sjws etc. If you're able to make this argument against the still reputable universities of the USA, why do so many still subscribe, wholesale, to the Oxbridge aristocratic higher learning image? For the same reasons that people are dismissing Yale, why wouldn't the social compositon/dynamic be any different at a top UK university?

'Progressivism' isn't a phenomenon of the USA alone. By this boards (and the cross posting /pol/lacks) own arguments, it's the European youth who are the forerunners of this mentality. Is it therefore any suprise that European, and thus Oxbridge, universities will be full of this archetype?

This bizarre romanticisation of oxbridge needs to die.

Daily reminder Cultural Marxism is real and is a plot to make the West satanic.

conspiracyschool.com/blog/holiness-sin-freud-frankfurt-school-and-kabbalah

henrymakow.com/2016/01/Frankfurt-School-is-Illuminati-Jewish-Satanism.html

Are you saying it is communism to unlawfully acquire wealth?

I quite like the romanticisation of Oxford - it isn't as bad as other places. Yeah there's the fair share of OUSU progressives but you get those everywhere. The difference is that Oxford is still seen as 'academic' where it counts (i.e the governing bodies) and don't dismiss heritage as was the case with the Rhodes statue

>kabbalah
>is literally a book

What does Henry have a PhD in? Taking quotes out of context, misrepresenting the work of the dead, and defaming the dead? He's not even that good at it. He sounds full on crazy.

thid must be ironic posting...r-right sempaii?
you couldnt be literally this stupid

>Educate yourself on the realities of racism and poverty before you speak again. Now get the fuck off my board.

lmao are roleplaying

The fruits of Western civilization were won off the backs of their ancestors. If you're mad that someone is claiming ownership of a piece of an exploitative history made consumable then you're missing the point wholesale.

I'm not arguing for looting. I'm simply calling you out for falling for bait.

To start with, the numbers in that graph are wrong. Go do the math yourself if you don't believe me. It's true that black on black crime is proportionally higher than white on white, but not to that extent. That said, the common mistake people make when they see a graph like that is in assuming that race is the only variable involved. Statistical analysis requires controlling for other variables like, for instance, poverty status or residence in metropolitan areas, that can skew the data in certain ways. I took a look at the FBI's reported crime statistics but didn't see any data on the socio-economic status of victims or perpetrators. Without looking at the full picture it's pointless to draw conclusions from statistics like that. Moreover, statistical analysis does not draw proper lines between cause and effect. Even if socio-economic status had nothing to do with crime, it still would not be clear that race is the primary factor here. The basic takeaway from this is that statistics is more complicated than it looks and easily misunderstood.

>The numbers in a graph relaying the race of crime perpetrators and victims are wrong.

You never substantiate this accusation further in the post, so I'm guessing what you meant is:
>Actually, they fail to depict social factors while measuring race. This is all about social factors! Statistics is very complicated and we need to take more things into account!

The graph isn't intended to take social factors into account. It's not an article or policy statement. It's a graph of a factor. To get accurate statistics, you have to isolate factors before considering their mutual interaction.

The rest of your post just dissolves into "it's.. it's complicated!" OK. No one said it wasn't. Regardless, the stats are correct.

I think this thread is going to be the straw that broke the camel's back on me leaving Veeky Forums. So on that note - does anyone know of any alternatives that aren't yet populated by ex-/pol/ and arrogant teenagers?

I think you misunderstand me. Did you even read what I wrote beyond the first and last sentences? All you did was rephrase what I just said. I'm arguing against the conclusion that black people are biologically inferior to white people. I said that in order to draw a useful conclusion from statistical data you have to take into account all relevant variables. I gather that you understand that. Now do you have anything to add or is that it?

I've seen plenty of other threads like this, so I don't know why this is the last straw. I'd suggest growing a backbone, but eh. Just google "online literature community" or something.

>I'm arguing against the conclusion that black people are biologically inferior to white people
so post some evidence?