Who is greater: Milton or Shakespeare?

Who is greater: Milton or Shakespeare?

Stylistically: Shakespeare
Intellectually: Milton

Shakespeare, by far

Milton, by far

milton would say shakespeare.

I really appreciate that Milton was the only person in the 17th Century who didn't give a fuck about fashion and just kept his hair the way it naturally grew. Might just be because of his blindness, though.

Nice of you to share your inane comment.

OP here. I thought he was described as having long hair for his whole life, before his blindness.

That coupled with his reserved politiness is why his Cambridge peers gave him the nickname "The Lady".

>That coupled with his reserved politiness is why his Cambridge peers gave him the nickname "The Lady".
They were just jealous of his nonconformist style

I thought it was funny. Try to appreciate.

Who C H A U C E R?!

milton is nowhere near shakespeare or the few dozen writers that come after shakespeare and before milton who is very second rate

It's been proved Shakespeare never wrote a thing himself, and recent research suggests the whole "Shakespeare" thing, along with many "writers" of the "canon" are actually inventions of 20th century British and American governments to make up for lacking literary tradition. Meaning Blake, Milton, Shakespeare, Chaucer, etc., and most pre-19th century works might have all been "ghostwritten" in the 19th and 20th centuries.

As I understand it, Wigs were very popular, but it was mostly because of the extreme unfavorability of baldness, so the main goal was to have luxurious long hair weather it was real or not. SO if you were like Milton and had a healthy natural head of hair then that was preferred.

correct me if i'm wrong

When can we expect this style of fashion to apply for REAL LIFE ANIME HAIR senpai?

Milton is the greatest poet in the canon - its been proven by scientists, and you cant argue with science

It already does apply in Japan

We have evidence to suggest he wrote paradise lost near an abacus using arithmetic and geometry. And he was blind! Imagine the sheer degree of mental power

I was walking toward my local Arco gas station at 2:00 am recently when i saw a blind man with a cane walking in my direction. I tried to walk as quietly as i could and to my surprise when i was roughly 6 feet away from him he greeted me and asked how my evening was.

Ive also watched blind people cross a four lane road in the middle of the day in a well timed polite manner.

sometimes i think we rely too much on our sight

Everyone knows Shakespears plays were actually written by Amelia Bassano Lanyer

>Amelia Bassano Lanyer
well memed friend