Sushi "chefs" are so unhygienic, they don't even use gloves to prepare the food they serve you

>Sushi "chefs" are so unhygienic, they don't even use gloves to prepare the food they serve you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk
youtu.be/gXdvY0vs1b8?t=2m23s
youtu.be/2EHdOCWjQ00?t=42s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, they actually wash their hands, so they don't have to wear gloves.

Most chefs wear gloves because they can't be trusted to keep up with hygiene standards. Sushi chefs normally take their profession very seriously. Hygiene is a part of their job.

they still handle their knives and other shit anyways so washing their hands is pretty pointless

Their equipment should also be clean.

what the fuck are you on about
pretty much every chef and cook don't use gloves
add most of the time they are required to keep fine touch

got a problem with sushi?

That's because they spend all day touching different things to collect a variety of flavors to then pass on to your food

ewww

What kind of chefs actually use gloves?

At least in a normal western kitchen you cant use gloves because of heat since that would melt the gloves right onto you.

Also higiene standards.

i'm allergic to a lot of kinds of fish and when i go for sushi i can tell which places have hygienic kitchens because my mouth gets sore when they don't

unfortunately most of them make my mouth sore

Lower middle class dining and below all require gloves. IE olive garden down to waffle house.

Are you sure it's not all the dick you suck?

Literally every single study has shown that people who wear gloves end up having germier disgusting gloves than people who prepare food without gloves. The bare handed people are much better about washing their hands constantly and the glove wearing people are less likely to change their gloves

>Most chefs wear gloves because they can't be trusted to keep up with hygiene standards

Flyover Amerifats, ladies and gentlemen.

>America is the only country in which chefs wear gloves when they cook

Obsessed Eupoors, ladies and gentlemen.

>Being too flyover to realize that it's only mind numbingly depressing lower middle class American chain restaurants and fast food places where people wear gloves to prepare food
>Not realizing that in the civilized world, kitchen staff are expected to understand proper hygiene procedures and follow them, thus making gloves unnecessary

L O L
O
L

Enjoy your Olive Garden and Applebees, flyover dweller!

Gloves are a meme

Any chef that doesn't work at a chain restaurant doesn't wear gloves

>LA is flyover

Sure thing, flyover.

You poor abused thing.

That was almost a proper sentence.
Well done.

No worries. Advances in robotics will produce Sushi Sensei 9000. We'll look back on "people hands" preparing food and laugh.

>Well, they actually wash their hands, so they don't have to wear gloves.
this is not true, you have to wear gloves if you touch ready to eat food, it's just that no one fucking does this shit. You're lucky if you can get any cook to actually wash their hands.

this is bullshit, people don't fucking wash their hands all the god damn time.

>have to wear gloves
>nobody does it
>still insisting you have to as if score of people are dying from unwashed hand disease

No you illiterate neanderthal, you have to because its a law and you will get cited by the food service people and have all your shit pushed in if they catch you not doing it. If you are a fine dining restaurant however, you will have the money to actually bribe them, which is by the way, the reason why those "shitter" places have to use gloves, and has nothing to do with the quality of the food or the people working it.

This, nobody wants to change gloves unless they just got watched picking something off the floor or if they got something sticky on them.

Do you not wash your knives and other shit after using them?

most chefs walk up to the dish pit, grab my filthy fucking spray nozzle that has my greasy food smeared hands touching it all day, grab the fucking thing, spray their knife on both sides, and walk back to the line. This is white, latinos, and asians. And theyre mostly nice people as well, not assholes in conversation.

Sushi is disgusting anyway. Raw food = guaranteed food poisoning.

sumos use the knife to scrape leftovers off their hand into the pot
youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk

We have buckets of sanitizer that we put our knives in...

Implying that one can't scratch their ass wearing gloves...

Implying that everyone from your home kitchen, mom, dad, grandmother always wore gloves...

This is why America is dying. The profoundly stupid people and their inability to recognize how pathetic they look to everyone else.

americans falseflagging

>Advances in robotics will produce Sushi Sensei 9000

It takes more training to prepare sushi than it does to become a fucking doctor. Sushi Masters will be some of the last working people after automation replaces most other jobs.

most of the training is shit that has nothing to do with actually making sushi though, European chefs learn far more skills in the time it takes to become a sushi 'master' chef.

>be me
>working in a restaurant
>preparing a fuckton of bruschetta
>topping is your standard
>wearing gloves to mix the big ass batch of topping
>go halfway up to my elbow mixing this stuff
>this repeats with other chefs aometimes not wearing any gloves because it isn't required
>never got a complaint about it whilst i was working there

Oh they learn far, far more skills, but true mastery takes thousands of hours at one specific task. No chef is as talented at one thing as sushi chefs are at sushi which is why sushi will always be considered the absolute pinnacle of cuisine.

This thread is literally Americans pretending to be Europeans pretending to be Americans to piss off other Americans. Dont believe it? Read the thread again and think about it.

i used to work with this iranian guy who would wear the same pair of gloves all day and wash them like he normally would with his regular hand that swore up and down to me that it was more hygienic because gloves

It is more hygienic, I don't want sandnigger skin touching my food

>Well, they actually wash their hands, so they don't have to wear gloves.

That's not good enough. They could have a hangnail, dirty fingernails or a cut on their hands. We're not subcultured trash, just wear fucking gloves when preparing any food by hand. I don't need your skin cells in my food.

Wut? Wut?
>Most chefs wear gloves because they can't be trusted to keep up with hygiene standards

Are you fucking retarded

They already have sushi made by robots though.
youtu.be/gXdvY0vs1b8?t=2m23s

It takes more training to prepare -pretentious- sushi, yes.

None of you have a serve safe for you fml you sound like idiots

Trolling this hard lel

It's not trolling to point out the FACT that the training to become a sushi chef is longer than the training to become a doctor.

You know what else takes longer? Becoming a OT VIII scientologist.

>calling the personnel in the US medico-pharma industry doctors.

topkek

Not more training are you fucking stupid it's only a few basic fucking skills you have to learn a doctor has to learn way more a doctor can identify an illness and treat it a *sushi master* can cut diffrient fish and put it on top of rice or roll it In seaweed it may be a *fact* that it takes longer to be a sushi fuck but you have far less skill learned in twice the time to even compare the two is fucking retarded

Whatever flyover, you know nothing of art.

What the fuck is so diffcult about washing a bucket of rice? Why does it take these guys a decade to learn how to do it? Doesn't sound very skillful to me.

>world without doctors
>world without "MASTER SUSHIU ARTISTU FOR THE GRORY OF NIPPON"
pick one you liberal cuck, also: President Donald Trump has a nice ring to it eh?

There are probably shit particles in every piece of food you've ever consumed. Stop being a bitch.

You know that 10 years meme includes useless shit like 3 years of just washing rice, yea?

That 10 years could literally be done in less than 2, and that's being very slow and cautious

Japan are retards when it comes to learning and teaching.

The world obviously needs both, I'd never argue otherwise. I'm just saying that it takes longer to become a sushi chef than a doctor.

Gordon Ramsay literally learned how to make master level sushi within literally one evening.

>master level

Wrong. He made very impressive sushi, but this is also a world-class chef with absolutely masterful knife skills.

Link? Source?

Not doubting it, because sushi is massively overexaggerated in how difficult it is

I'm just interesting in seeing more about it

And I'm saying that it doesn't fucking matter in the slightest, that doesn't make a fish slinger worth more than a doctor because he had to wash rice for 5 years or some shit. It's clannish traditional bullshit that forms the foundation of the hollow shell of tradition that is Japan, and the only reason anyone gives half a shit about that little skiff of shame and vastly overrated women.

Lots of things take longer than becoming a doctor. Becoming a vet takes longer than becoming a doctor.

Really? Why?

You guys will start arguing and making sweeping generalizations about pretty much anything, eh?

Subway chefs do

So many fuckin animals to work on as opposed to all humans basically being the same

I'm often shocked by how ignorant Americans are to the ways other countries are superior to them and how desperately they'll defend being completely wrong.

doesn't remove the shit on it fast enough for them I suppose

lmao i hope this doesn't burst ur bubble but chefs literally don't ever wear gloves

>work at a sushi bar and literally never wear gloves
>actually wash my hands at any given opportunity
>wash my hands ~20 times in a 15 minute interval

But this is negated by the fact that the majority of people I work with are retards that are fine with putting containers on the floor then setting it back on cutting boards then proceed to get pissy at me for pointing out what they're doing.

Gloves are for windowlickers and the only legitmate reasons to wear them is if you're mixing ingredients together by hand, which is the only reason I ever put gloves on or the rare occurence that you have an open wound on a hand. They are for the lowest common denominator, a half assed fix on stupid.

They don't even fucking cook the food they give you.

this fucking weeb lmao

Sushi chefs are massively OVERRATED.

All they do is "prepare" the fish they bought from their expert suppliers (the real MVPS). The latter are more deserving of praise.

Sushi is just fish over vingered rice ffs.

It's easy as fuck to make lmaoooo

Who cares? Your immune system is designed to defend you against it.

I'd have bigger problems with eating at the resturaunt if they didn't wash their hands.

Yeah fast food chains use them, because their staff is underpaid and can't be trusted to be hygienic. Calling trained monkeys "chefs" is stretching it quite a bit too.

Actually would love to see this as well. My biggest issue with sushi 'masters' is the fact that the last few times I've eaten in sushi places like Umi in Atlanta, it's been on about the same tier as Publix grocery store sushi.

Sushi is disgusting and so are japanese "people", so this whole issue doesn't affect me anyway. I'm guessing the OP is a fat ameriblubber who watches anime

>spend entire career on preparing about 10 fish menues
Japanese are hacks

>at least 3 years of your training is just washing rice

youtu.be/2EHdOCWjQ00?t=42s

What the fuck

As someone who has worked in the food industry, let me tell you that people who don't wear gloves are cleaner as they constantly wash their hands, whereas the ones who wear gloves only switch gloves when it gets sticky inside, the gloves are to protect their hands from getting sticky, so they don't have to wash it, not after touching food and cash and table and maybe trash...

Veeky Forums made me hate America.

I never worked in a kitchen. If I apply today, I'll probably be a dishwasher.
If I keep this position for an absurd amount of time, will that make me a better chef in the future? I'm not sure I'll learn savours paring by washing dirty dishes, nor knife skills.

Also, this means sushi rice is washed by a trainee in high scale sushi restaurants, so it's not that important, is it?

>allergic to fish
>blames hygiene for mouth feeling sore

Are you retarded? Also, brush your goddamn teeth.

Why arent cooking masks standard

fucking Japanese are disgusting stupid dogs

Butthurt Korean detected, still bitter that the Japanese owned them from 1915 to 1945.

I don't think I see gloves at waffle house.

All surfaces, utensils and hands are so caked with syrup, it's as if they are wearing gloves. At the end of the shift they just peel it off like a latex glove.

ARE YOU TRIGGERED OVER A SUSHI MASTER LOL