NRx is the logical conclusion of Postmodernist theory

NRx is the logical conclusion of Postmodernist theory

Patchwork = Pastiche, Heterotopia, radical geopolitical eclecticism.

Rejection of metanarratives = The past as ideas space, seeking influence in reactionary philosophy, Carlyle etc.

NRx trichotomy, Moldbug's textual irony and humor, co-founder, like Foucault et al has Marxist influences. Rejection of Leftist inertia in French theory, embrace of Capital as self-legitimising metanarrative, absolute fragmentation.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Genophile/status/765483971576602624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shit like this that scares me from studying philosophy

I've watched tons of Millennial Woes vids and none of them were about any of that shit desu

Wat

Richard Wolin's "The Seduction of Unreason: The Intellectual Romance with Fascism from Nietzsche to Postmodernism" is excellent, he goes into the fascist sympathies in the thought of Bataille, Derrida, Delueze but no mention of Land (this was 2004)

Moldbug is genuinely interesting to read, if he is a bit(very) repetitive. The guy actually went and read like hundreds of Victorian essays on history, and he pulled out of some very interesting stuff

He totally loses me when he starts talking about his iron rule of 'avoid violence' but his takedown of democracy was some of the most fun I've had reading stuff in a while

Also Nick Land is genuinely not interesting to read at all. Good fucking god his writing is schizophrenic and unintelligible. It's almost as bad as Ray Brassier except that Brassier usually at least has a point below his ten million technical terms and endless adjectives and Land is always, always, in the fucking clouds

His writing is chaotic because most of it was written when he was loaded up with ridiculous amounts of speed.

neoreaction is the future whether you like it or not tbqh
also compatible with various forms of leftism but they don't know it yet

The logical conclusion of postmodernist theory must transcend epistemology altogether... you have to go beyond knowing. If you want to leave modernity you have to leave behind relationality, sameness and/or predication, "isness", materialism, idealism, relativism and anti-relativism, etc, etc... neoreaction doesn't accomplish this mission.

>

oh my god

hell be fine

>those goofy ass headphones

#DECELERATE

I think I am just going to go to Mass every Sunday and try to make my way in the world from there.

due to a misinterpretation of Virilio I assume

>regression is the logical conclusion to progression

lyl

can anyone sum up Nick Land for me

I feel like a lot of people talk about him but no one knows who the fuck he is

Just read the Wikipedia article.

He's just a jaded Marxist.

>Wikipedia

Do I know you?

he wants humans to succumb (i.e. literally DIE) to their intellectual superiors, which for him is the coming singularity of self-optimising non-biological intelligence

twitter.com/Genophile/status/765483971576602624
kek

(it's pretty autistic)