Why hasn't a woman written a masterpiece yet?

Why hasn't a woman written a masterpiece yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rJmoNlBjEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

women aren't allowed to even go to school in some parts of the world...

>Middlemarch
>To the Lighthouse
>Wise Blood
>Song of Solomon
It's like you're not even trying OP

Ah, that's the reason...

go home pleb

>Women must be considerably better than me at everything before I will consider them my equals.

Yup, okay.

Could say the same for you lad. Very low standards. You seem to have breathed in the same air that has infected the world to believe that genius and masterpieces are quite common.

You'd have a point if I were referring to 'women' and not 'a woman'.

>masterpiece

Embarrassing replies, frankly. Fuck off roasties.

Women weren't taught to read and write for a long time. They were discouraged from literature related fields for a long time. Now, we'll see.

Having said that:

A Good Man Is Hard to Find.
Wuthering Heights.
The Waves.
To Kill a Mockingbird.
The Bell Jar.

pride and prejudice.....

Who the fuck is mixing geniuses with masterpieces here? Calm your fedora tipping ass down before you go putting words in my mouth you cuck.

but that's a boys name

>Song of Solomon
>good

Kill yourself

You have no standards and consider the works you listed as masterpieces. Are you actually this fucking stupid?

cute

Name me a better piece of 19th Century British lit.

None of these should be uttered in the same breath as a Ulysses.

Since no one else has given an even reasonable example, feel free to pick up any edition of the Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson, OP.

You should actually kill yourself if you don't rate Middlemarch.
>implying you've even read it.

>Middlemarch
>No standards
Wew, lad the bait is up in here today

LOL

Certainly don't rate it as a 'masterpiece'.

At least you got dubs, retard.

>implying you've read it
Everybody in this thread needs to calm their tits.

There are literally dozens. Another embarrassing reply.

Interesting how you have completely abounded the idea that women can create a masterpiece, and settled on them being able to create an above average work in the 19th century and in Britain.

Still waiting for your standards fuckboi

On what? You want me to list what I think are 'masterpieces' written by women? Pic related.

Then you should be able to name me one, right?

See, the best move here is to reply with nothing else than a classical (you), because even if I lay on you every possible piece of writting written by women, you'll discard it automatically without any investigating done beforehand. So op, tell me what your favorite book is, because you're clearly only making this thread so you can brag about your oh so great litterary knowledge, come on now, lay it on me.

Very unconvincing piece of rhetoric.

Ulysses.

I know you won't reply.

>has read Ulysses
Confirmed bait thread. Bag 'em and tag 'em mods.

Bye roastie.

>google search intensifies

I'm currently reading Finnegans Wake (at 67% progress right now), what's your point? I enjoy the book and have more on the way, but I enjoyed Marie de France's lais and Marie Uguay's poetry too.
It would be if I was trying to convince anyone in the first place. But I'm not.

>not finnegan's wake
>not mason & dixon
You tried. You really did.

The Hebrew Bible.

>>not finnegan's wake
> finnegan's
M8.

Lais of Marie de France

Jane Austen

>I am finishing this perfectly cooked steak, but I enjoy Wendy's as well so the two are exactly the same

Shakespeare was a woman.

Because of the lower state of women in culture across the world in the whole history of mankind.

Lots of ancient chinese women poets. Once read one or two—I can't read chinese, but the characters were pretty. Loved it.

Also, Jane Austen; never read her work, but I love it.

Ayn Rand is said to be a great thinker; I believe it, though I never read her work.

In anthropology, Ruth Benedict and Margaret Mead both contributed great works. Never read any, but they're interesting, according to my mom.

Not even fucking with you m8 I have half of Jane Austen's novels, every Bronte novels, every Colette's novels and much more. That along with many famous white males too, so don't be harsh on me just yet.

Lispector's the Passion According to G.H.
Sarah Kane's oeuvre.
Emily Dickinson
maybe Speedboat by Adler
Nightwood by Djuna Barnes
I don't see how that can be used as a defense in the first world.

Because sexism is extremely prevalent even in the first world.

>The poetry of Sapho
>Memoirs of Hadrian
>The poetry of Emily Dickinson
>The poetry of Anna Akhmatova
>The poetry of Sylvia Plath
>The short stories of Flannery O'Connor

OP is just mad because he cant get any pussy

Still no point to consider.
Rest are reasonable. Stop mentioning Plath though.

good=/= Masterpiece

Memoirs of Hadrian is a masterpiece, no doubt about that.

>no doubt about that.
yes doubt about that
Then +100 male authors also are masterpieces?
The thing about masterpieces, is that when anything is, nothing really becomes

you're an idiot

low quality bait
learn from

>low quality bait
No, that's just a joke.

>what is Frankenstein and harry Potter? the thread

You haven't even read it, so how can you talk about it?

Il ne l'a pas lu! J'en suis sure!
C'est beau temps qu'il faut arrêter de poster

Well, that's one way to admit defeat.

>this thread

Veeky Forums is like /tv/ without baneposting, lmao.

>Ulysses
Abahahhhhhahahhaahah

He fell for the meme

I hope I'm getting baited
Good bait

idk, this was actually way more productive than most lit posts. so far there are like ten new book titles for me to consider checking out, all at least somewhat promising (minus plath oc)

Alice Notley anyone? Like me some Sappho, Memoirs of Hadrian, and George Eliot as well

Since when has Veeky Forums been so scared of women? Is /pol/ and /r9k/ really leaking around?

Please don't ruin this board with all that stupid trash, this is the only place on the internet where i can discuss literature without plebians that read genre fiction.

Veeky Forums is a majority introverted men who cant socialize in real life. its not a surprise how much they create a bitter victim mentality towards women

Sasha gray wrote a novel

Nice rationalization.

We don't want to fuck you because your brains are inferior- as evidenced by the fact that no one in this thread could name a masterpiece written by a woman.

>look at me i'm a women! don't hit on me silly boys xx

>reading comprehension

some poetry maybe. women's brains are emotion based so its rare to find highly developed/focused creations of art from them.

i think ayn rand is worth reading but its definetely not a "masterpiece"

Because they're fucking hoors.

No, that's a pen name

To the Lighthouse
Virginia Woolf in general

well, "that's your opinion"... if you know what I mean (it's a big drift)

do not people understand that there are like 4 or 3 books that can be considered masterpieces? from the top of my head i think of Ulysses, The Divine Comedy, Don Quixote and The Tempest.

They are called masterpieces because they influence everything that comes after them, and the fact that men wrote them is just because society was dominated by men at the time. This does not mean women haven't wrote upper-quality literature during history, and denying it would be stupid and pretentious.

I hate this "woman-hating club" that has developed on this place just as much as i hate the fedora tipping ambient reddit has and the solanas-tier "feminism" that tumblr has. I just hope this whole naive social wars going on in the world stop quickly and people realise that screaming irrationalities won't just start changing the world because it has a "hip" pop-progressive feel to it.

You fags.

/pol/ was here for a while but they mostly left. I actually miss them, at least they had some fun with their shitposting. /r9k/ has been around for maybe two or three weeks and they've been solidly shitting all over the board in that time. I'm not sure if it's a coordinated troll or if they got linked here or something.

That's a retardedly narrow definition of masterpiece. In reality the term is arbitrary.

>Ulysses, The Divine Comedy, Don Quixote and The Tempest.
All written by men.
lmao

You are in agreement with all other sane people in this thread that a woman has never written a masterpiece.

Your entire post is well thought out and logical. This means that it will be completely ignored.

Please rephrase this using mindless hyperbole and/or hashtags.

>The Tempest
Being this stoopid

youtube.com/watch?v=3rJmoNlBjEE

>'
>bye roastie

Oooh, Heraclitus up in this bitch. Clearly we have a quality thread on our hands, boys

>underrated post

>two or three weeks
Try months

>im-fucking-plying men had it better than women

Frankenstein?

Did you read the post, retard? I never denied it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean literature done by women should be considered inherently inferior, like most posts in this thread have said.

AYE DIDNT DAT BITCH MURRY SHELLY WROTE SOME PROFOUND SHIT BOUT A DEAD NIGGA DONE COME BACK TO LIFE. But I mean I hurd she sucked da chrome of ma boy Byron.

GUYS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS NOT TO REMIND THAT WOMEN HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A MASTERPIECE.
We should do as the Olympics, lower the standards to shit-tier writers and claim it's a world record!

Because your personal cozy definition of a masterpiece, and secret list of examples, doesn't have any female authors on it. So you want to argue that The Tale of Genji, Evelina, Middlemarch, or Orinooko don't qualify, because it makes you feel more smug about having a dick? Go read some Edna Ferber, or Dorothy Richardson,or Djuna Barnes, or H.D., and improve your brain a bit. If you don't read to learn, why the fuck are you bothering?

pete looks like reviewbrah

>The Tale of Genji, Evelina, Middlemarch, or Orinooko
laterally whom?

Stop shilling H.D. you faggot.

>if you don't read to learn, why the fuck are you bothering?

Spoken like a true roastie whore who doesn't understand literature at all. This is why your ilk will never write a masterpiece.

>read to learn
>She proved le inferior womin meme
holy shit ironic poster?

Actually hoping you're joking with that post.

Story of the Stone

Tell me it's not a masterpiece.

Are you twelve? You haven't heard of Middlemarch? Jesus Christ.
Fuck off, and don't pretend you've read anything by her.
Is that your garbled foolish way of guessing that I'm female? Nope.
You pompous little fucking children. You read a handful of meme books, don't understand shit about them, and delude yourself that you're now qualified to lecture the world about the nature of great art. At least I've actually gotten the damn doctorate and been reading the works for decades. You have no context, no knowledge, and no sense. If you've read two books from a movement or period, you think you've done your research. It's just sad. The moment you get challenged, you resort to mocking your opponent for taking your bait or being "triggered," or anything else you can think of.