My prof gave us this quote and wants us to expand it in detail. Specifically, in 1100 words or less

My prof gave us this quote and wants us to expand it in detail. Specifically, in 1100 words or less.

"Reality is malleable until you find satisfaction. Then you're a slave to your own standards."

I dont understand this.

>profs first time teaching...ever

Does this also warrant a concern? Because this assignment seems a little outlandish.

That quote is getting at the malleability of disposition which accompanies the formation of a person's world view. After it is formed it is relatively unchanging for most people.

'satisfaction'- I think denial/acceptance is a better fit

Talk about the superficiality in a seemingly profound statement. Connect it to your teacher's own attention disorder and compare his silly assignment to twitter.

Hey user, I kind of get what your trying to say, so thanks for that. But I cant get enough substance from this quote to write an 1100 word essay about it. Can you go into detail please?

kek
thanks for the laugh

Your understanding of reality changes until it matches what you find satisfactory to be. Nonetheless, those standards of satisfaction are rooted in an inner judgement that's not necessarily rational. Once you think things are settled, it's very difficult to keep an open mind and be able to change positions. Well, that's my take. It might refer to magical powers.

>summer
>my prof gave us an assignment

lmao

>But I cant get enough substance from this quote to write an 1100 word essay about i
Then this is what you should write about. Your prof sounds like a fucking idiot anyway. Or, you could just give him 1100 words of more quotations, that's all an assignment like this deserves.

What do you mean not rational? Doesnt it just mean that once you experience satisfaction, youre a slave to the standards youve set in terms of what pleases you?

Taking 2 classes to release the load next semester. Trying to save up for a car, figured I can work more that way.

Yeah, but those standards might not be rational

Hey user, I can honestly write an 1100 word essay about this, but im afraid that it wont be as genuine as id like it to be. I can spew up so much nonsense and sparkle a little subject matter so I dont completley get off topic. But i dont want to.

Well, it seems to me it refers to satisfaction regarding your understanding of reality, not about what pleases you. Your understanding of reality might be unpleasant, but satisfactory at an intelectual level.

those standards can be anything though. Why does irrationality play an importance to standards? Why not comprehensible or distinguishable or even factitious?

>1000 words
OP just start writing some bullshit, you'll be done in like a half hour. Your teacher is guaranteed to be retarded, just feed it nonsense

Just drop out. You're obviously not cut out for it.

You can do it in thirty-five words;

"My professor was really proud of this unsubstantial philosophical pondering and decided to turn it into an assignment in the hopes that one of his students would read it and recognize how smart he was."

>"Reality is malleable until you find satisfaction. Then you're a slave to your own standards."
Veeky Forums guide
What is Reality?
What inquires to be?
What is malleability?
What does until mean?
You? What about him, Him and they?
Find? Where was stated I was looking for something?
Satisfaction? How is this defined?
Then? Where was stated this was a linear order?
You're? What inquires to be me?
Slave? Is there free will?
To? Only to them?
Your? Only mine? Standards are then genuine of myself?
Own? But what is value, and ownership?
Standards? We just don't know!
Your prof is trying to squeeze any abstract thought out of you until dry at the end of semester

Take out the t in this and golden

Irrationality is undesirable intelectually. Sometimes you can't control your standards not being rational, mosty you're not aware they are. A person of faith, say, will see their standards fulfilled by non-sense. And that stops their drive to keep digging.

This is what I'd do, then, I'd fill the rest with other quotes.
If you fail, drop and switch. You should really switch classes anyway.

I didnt want to compromise my own standards of writing but I think ill have to. I dont want to sound condecending or anything, but I made a palate to how I start approaching written assignments, in hopes that I can develop my own sense of writing instead of mimicking something already standard.

WOW! user I can totally work with this. These are great vague, opinionated questions with only subjective answers. Thank you user honestly!

And im not dropping out, almost done.

The best way to develop a style of writing is to just write shitloads of stuff. Also copy everybody you're reading, it will teach you