Is this any good, I saw Malala read it so it really turned me off

is this any good, I saw Malala read it so it really turned me off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4KYK_ebbGM
youtube.com/watch?v=dH0IVh5YOLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

why, because he's a Brazilian bitch who doesn't like Ulysses?

read it in high school.

It's absolute dogshit.

>Veeky Forums - Literature

I read some quote from it and it sounded like a motivational, self help book?
is that about right?

no, it's just a basic fantasy novel, that for some reason is popular.

Maybe the prose is good in portugese, but I don't see the appeal.

The graphic novel is better, it translates his lame thoughts into a more presentable picture (literally)

It's a contender for worst novel ever written.

OP here
I got it at the library, should I write something in it?

i dont expect the kind of people who go on Veeky Forums to enjoy this book lol

its not a bad book if you just enjoy it and dont analyze it like a Veeky Forums nerd. theres just something so "real" and heart-hitting about it even if its clearly a fable

The absolute worst book I have ever read.

Nothing comes close.

Cross out ever usage of the term "personal legend" with "interracial cuckolding fantasy."

LOL
youtube.com/watch?v=I4KYK_ebbGM

>Maybe the prose is good in portugese
I doubt it. Coelho apparently doesn't approve of good prose considering his views on Ulysses.

I'm a huezilian and no one here respects Paulo Coelho books. Only mysticism fags that like his references of astrology or some other bullshit.

It's a self-help guide in the guise of a fantasy novel. The plot is pretty basic, the prose is shitty (like, too shitty to even call it "utilitarian",) and the self-help is banal and platitudinous. Read it in high school because a girl I liked recommended it.

Almost literally anything else would be better. At least Stephen King and GRRRRRRR Martin are entertaining, and self-help like Jon Kabat-Zinn might actually be, well, helpful. Alchemist is not only a shitty book when compared to any classic (or most modern novels, to be honest,) but it also is a failure by the criteria of its own genre.

Tl;dr: It sucks more than pleb shit usually sucks.

>youtube.com/watch?v=dH0IVh5YOLY

who am I supposed to believe? Will Smith, Oprah, and Pharrell? or you people?

>His book review is less than 40 mins long.

>three blacks
Do you really have to ask?

>Book review has 0 latin references and double threading with the Greco-Roman legacy of the book
Typical nignogs

tl;dr: Life is a journey, enjoy the trip and stop focusing on the destination.

There, saved you an entire novel worth of reading.

How silly, you can do that for any book

not ulysses lol

It's the sort of simple-to-understand book people like to read because it makes them feel clever because it talks about soul spirit and life and love

I fell asleep in the middle but i thought it was ok (i was 15 when i read it so...)

It's easy to read and mildly entertaining. Coehlo's merit is to make stupid people feel deep. Don't expect much from it, besides light entertainment.

«And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.»
This is the kind of self-help, self-proclaimed deep, quote that you're gonna find. Nonsense like this makes people feel good.

I must stress, it's mildly entertaining, I'm not denying that; but see it as it is.

You might like it if you're a child. Or, you know...I don't even mind the subject matter, I just don't think it's a good quality book.

>«And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.»

fucking seriously?

is this the secret?

OP, lsiten to me, pay attention
Are you paying attention? Good, her eis the deal:
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM COELHO
one of the biggest hacks in literature, his puddle deep market philosofy is what sells his book, they ARE self help for teenagers and moms and his writting doesn't have any aesthetic value

If you want to read a brazilian writter go for: Alvares de Azevedo, Machado de Assis, Guimarães Rosa (one of the greatest writter of the last century), Moacyr Scliar, Milton Hatoum, Lima Barreto and Clarice Lispector, of course there is more but those are really solid writters

I heard it was like harry potter for adults but seems Veeky Forums hates it, it's probably not as bad as lit makes it seem but idk