What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

reddit: the picture

THIS IS WHAT ANALYTICS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

t. someone who has never read post-40s analytic philosophy

so was pre-40s analytic philosophy like this?

still seems like a colossal embarrassment desu

Isn't Metaphysics more like sitting in a dark room and trying to figure out just what "darkness" is?

only the positivists senpai, who were reluctantly killed off by Quine and their own self refuting nature. Analytic philosophy has been a bastion of speculative metaphysics ever since

science is like being in a dark room trying to tell another person about how someone else found a black cat in a dark room once even though they're looking for the door

overrated post

There's a meme in society of some kind of entrepreneurial post-capitalist industrial-scientific "productivity" thing, and they are expressing the meme because they are demi-conscious memebuoys floating on a slurry sea of currents you can only see if you zoom out.

It's exhausting even trying to give an answer to this question. You need to like phenomenologically bracket every single word and write a book explaining that they aren't even people. They aren't even conscious. They aren't even having "opinions". STEM people are like robots with human skin stretched over them. To say "they are dismissive of the humanities" is implicitly to admit I think there's a "they". STEM people don't even fucking exist. They are a statistical gaseous nebula of random particles wafting across continents and periodically expressing junk they picked up along the way. Why would you even talk to them?

Talking to a STEMfag is literally like being some kind of Buddha, ascending reality, then coming back down and talking to bees who were dudes in past lives. I'm sure these bee niggas can be saved or whatever, but let's just wait until they're back in human form. Don't walk around going "BEES, STOP BUZZING, PUT DOWN THAT POLLEN, LISTEN TO ME ABOUT HOW EVERY CONCEPTUAL CATEGORY YOU HAVE FOR EVEN THINKING OF THINGS WAS SHAPED FOR YOU BY AN UNCONSCIOUS SLUDGE OF MEMETIC POLYALLOY THAT FLOWS IN PREDICTABLE CURRENTS FROM YEAR TO YEAR THROUGH THE HIVE IN WHICH YOU WERE CONCEIVED"

Science is like being in a dark room and not believing the room or the darkness is real until it is tested and verified in a lab.

underrated post

#whoa
good insight honestly

accurately rated post

This doesn't really answer his question, instead you're shutting out STEMfags and giving them more reason to look down on you and smirk.

if my post is accurately rated becos u accurately rated it then what is it accurately rated as being?

>giving them more reason to look down on you and smirk.

They are going to do that anyway.

user approved, of course.

Sensibly rated

This reminds me of Protagoras' memelogy were philosophy, he says, is like lookin for gold in the dark: you might find something you believe is gold, but you will never know that it really is that. Basiklly u can find truth but never know that what u found was actually truth, for certin.
I'm heavy on skepticism fo' the most part: becos either the "thing on itself is true" hence u run into protagoras' argument, or it isn't, and all is mental, in which case is all axiomatic and arbitrary, on my perspective anyways.

Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat, by opening a shutter to reveal a window open to the daylight in which the black cat is frolicking.

Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat, by opening a shutter to reveal a window open but it's night outside, and you can't see the cat, though you hear it faintly meow sometimes.

Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there in the dark, but only there once you ask a better man with candles to come search with you.

Science is like being a dark room and looking for a black cat by discussing the darkness in which you reside, and how that may possibly reveal or not reveal the black cat.

Science is like being a black cat in a dark room trying to contemplate what's outside of the room

Philosophy is like being a black cat in a dark room trying to understand yourself and the limitations of said dark room

My life is like being a scrawny fuck in a dark room looking at a computer all day while you could be out partying or making friends

Really makes you think!

wtf i hate philosophy now!

No, metaphysics isn't there at all. Metaphysics is just a silly made-up puzzle made by really smart people. I'm talking too smart for their own good, too smart to be interested by the REAL world... feh... like me...

I HATE when children develop an interest in things.

Why is there a pig in that picture?

>What is cat?
>Why is cat?
>God is cat!
>Cat is cat!