What's your food redpill?

What's your food redpill?

Shoving food up your ass enables you to absorb the nutrients more efficiently

Thats not true, i refuse to believe this

No matter how fancy the place is, it's not serving you fresh food and is full of roaches.

t. chef

I don't care if it's fresh as long as it tastes good. Places like Applebee's freeze and microwave everything so it tastes bad, which is why people care so much about freshness.

Stop using so much fucking butter

best case scenario is they'll prepare something and put it in the fridge with a 3 days date tag.

then after 3 days they will change it and it's 'fresh' and new again.

that's what places with 'standards' do.

i meant change the date tag not the food it self.

Not even in the ghetto ass Applebee's in the middle of nowhere I worked at did that

It also reduces the risk of esophageal cancer IIRC.

The more you know....

I don't know if you can be red pilled on food, since it's a social construct and all.

Stop calling yourself a chef if you just work in the back of a jack in the box.

Veeky Forums is filled with JIDF who constantly talk about fast food and eating at restaurants.

Hmh..

1. That fat is good for you

2. That fat is great for taste

3. That high quality meat is very fatty

4. That most "healthy greens" are 85% water, 9% non digestible fibers, and a bit og sugar. You might as well eat vitamins instead.

5. That New Nordic cuisine is literally reddpill food.

6. That carbs are for plebs.

7. That game meat, rich in blood, tastes the best

do you cut meat with your katana too?

>5. That New Nordic cuisine is literally reddpill food.
wat

1. Fat is neither good or bad. Too much of anything is bad, and most people tend to eat too much fat and sugar.
2.Has anyone ever denied that? (As long as you don't use bad tasting fats, obviously.)
3.No. You've been trolled by meat producers. And I'm gonna prove it to you :
7.Game meat is very lean and, indeed, delicious. (Also it isn't richer in blood, you're a retard.)

Bananas do not, infact, wear pajamas.

You just sound like a fat aspie whose watched too much Vikings

I want to say that's bullshit but I've heard that pouring alcohol into your ass gets you drunk way more easily than actually drinking it

Eating dog food is great way to save money.

Some high quality meat is "fatty"
Ur dum

couldn't you say the same about most people's houses

Soaking beans is pointless, it saves you a tiny bit of cooking time but you have to think about it way ahead of time and soaking takes hours. And the idea that it reduces flatulence has no scientific basis.

Put your chewed bubbly gum in a kool aid packet to replenish the flavor

Me and my wife make our own chewed bubbly gum at home with fresher ingredients and better flavours.

We buy the store bought koolie-aid and fold it with a rolling pin into the gum. It's healthier and more nutritious than what they serve out of gas stations.

It takes 0 dollars to let beans soak
It takes more than 0 dollars to cook it a slightly longer time
Poorfags are the ones who eat beans the most
Dew the math

"fancy" plateing is cancer
flavours are getting mixed too much
rumpsteak is overrated

Because your liver isnt processing it, enemas go straight to blood

Stop watching anime

>It takes more than 0 dollars to cook it a slightly longer time

You mean the electricity cost between cooknig beans for three hours and two hours and fifteen minutes? As opposed to both the cost of the soaking water, and the increased odds that they will forgo beans due to the hassle?

They teach navy seals how to do this, no joke.

I know right? I was amazed at some of the garbage we served at our $25-30 entree resto.

I think some of you aspies are confusing "redpilling" with unpopular opinions.

These guys
Don't know what the fuck they're doing or talking about. They just want to shitpost under the guise of semi-relevancy.

Then how do you explain how cozy they are all night?

The cost of soaking in water is the same cost as putting them in water to boil.
What hassle is there in putting beans in a pot 12 hours earlier than the alternative?

Are you implying the liver does something other than filtering your blood?

It's downstream of the liver and goes straight to the bbb

latkes.

Cooking the food you want to eat is they key to enjoying cooking. Fuck cooking just for the sake of impressing people.

Dried beans are in a dormant state. Soaking them allows them to hydrate and even sprout if the conditions are right. Also soaking beans reduces phytic acid which interferes with absorption of minerals and digestion in general. There are shortcuts around this, like cooking beans with kombu or something but traditional preparation is simple and works easy with beans. Just soak for 12-24 hours before rinsing and cooking.

You're full of shit. Soaking makes better beans because science. Also if I don't drain my beans on accident I get ingestion like a motherfucker but if I do I have no issues.

I work as a cashier and I swear to God every fucking day this alcoholic comes in, buys a six-pack a bottle of vodka and 4 packets of dog food. Either he lives off of the alcohol and owns the worlds largest dog or he eats it itself.

Quality post

Get food poisoning from an undercooked bean and tell me that after you shit and puke all day

Do you give kids popcorn balls for Halloween?
Does your house smell like mothballs?
Do you can your own food?

>chewed bubbly gum
what kind of non flavored gum are you buying?

I want to ask you a million more questions.

What does redpill mean?

Reddit.

You have learned an uncomfortable truth that society has kept hidden from you and you refuse to stay quiet.
#NotAllNazis

The truth about cooking steaks

Level 1: critical thinker
>knows that warming up a steak before cooking is a myth

Level 2: woke
>knows that flipping the steak only once is a myth

Level 3: red pilled
>knows that not pressing the steak down to the pan is a myth

Level 4: enlightened
>knows that not cutting into the steak or puncturing it to take the temperature during cooking is a myth

Level 5: supreme enlightened, purveyor of forbidden knoweledge
>knows that resting steaks after cooking is a myth

get a load of this paleo faggot

Waiters hardly wash their hands

We also eat your left over food if you weren't a disgusting fuck

>Click here
kekeroni

waiter here. I wash my hands whenever i get a chance (if we aren't in a rush. our hands dont really get dirty enough for it to matter though unless we touch some disgusting shit while cleaning off your plate, and then we wash our hands)

I've only eaten pieces of steak or untouched meals. everything else is disgusting

we only judge you if you're really fucking wierd

not OP but some of us are not autistic enough to put beans in 12 hours ahead of time during the holiday rush

I think I'd prefer waitstaff or whoever wants my leftovers to eat them. I don't like wasting food and if anyone wants what I cant eat, more power to them.
Is having your leftovers eaten a bad thing?

Autism is standing around and caring for the beans during those whole 12 hours
Being a competent functioning member of society is putting them and and not being a fucking retard
What, do you come home after a long day, enter your kitchen, and go "whose fucking pot of beans is this?" before letting out a screech on how you specifically were thinking of getting something else today since yesterday?

Flyover fag detected

I've been working in the industry for 12 years, fine dining circuit for 8 years now, started working in Michelin starred establishments about 4 years back, damn near everything is fresh (in fine dining stuff like frozen doughs or fruits for compotes may be seen, Michelin started establishments wouldn't be caught dead with frozen products though) and the cleanliness is immaculate. Most people on Veeky Forums consider fine dining their local steakhouse and have never tasted, let alone stepped foot in an kitchen at that level.

t. waiter in a "fancy" restaurant

This is why the best time to go to any "good" restaurant is during their busiest season/time of day/week.

I swear I have seen these exact posts before...

I can belieb that

whenever I bring it up, people judge.

But I usually try to explain to them that I don't dig into everything. Like sometimes customers will cut their burgers in half, and only eat one side--the other side I devour. Fries, slices of pizza, or tendies will sometimes be untouched. I love it when kids order their own meal because they'll never finish it, and sometimes never even touch it.

*tips fedora*

Do you guys laugh at every stupid joke a customer tells or do you only laugh at the funny ones?

I have had that happen before and it was awful

>put bean in water
>forget about it for a few hours
>difficult

99% of Wasabi products don't even contain Wasabi. They are made from ultra-hot coloured Horse Radish.

Gotta activate your beans, bruh

>Cooking the food you want to eat is they key to enjoying cooking. Fuck cooking just for the sake of impressing people.

This is almost universal. Completely agree.
>dressing for others or "dress to impress"
>working out for others

Now post a photo of your bloated face, FatLover98

>Believing red fluid from meat products is blood

It's called purge, it happens when the membranes of cells break and release their water content, most meats juice is red due to the protein myoglobin being present in it, along with other basic proteins, nutrients, minerals. That's culinary 101 buddy.

>going when its too busy for the cook/waiter/busser to practice proper hygiene
Why tho. Restruants get fucking filthy during a rush