Family got me a copper pan for christmas

Family got me a copper pan for christmas

is it a meme or actually useful

also cookware general/christmas gift general I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ELYFWtUy2gA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the performance isn't a meme, but the price is.
so as a gift it's not a meme.

not very durable, but for home use that shouldn't raise issue unless you're lazy/clumsy

I think copper bottom pans lined with stainless steel are the best money can buy. It's not worth it to buy one yourself unless you're rich but as a gift it is excellent

I'm jelly

Your friend is pretty alright OP

I mean it was the red copper 20$ ceramic as seen on tv one

Just make sure you never forget it on the stove, it will ruin the tin coating on the inside. Also make sure you never use anything scratchy, abrasive or sharp on the inside of the pan, for said reason. Getting a copper pan retinned is a real bitch.

>tfw family didn't get me anything cooking-related

>Copper pan

My girlfriend got me a superior cast iron pan, it's fucking incredible, I made steaks with it last night :^)

I know you're baiting but cast iron isn't superior to copper. You use them for different things.

what if its one of those shitty as seen on tv copper pans

Decided to come in here instead of make a new thread.

I was given pic related, Wusthof knives (I got 5 in total and a different sharpener). I'm upgrading from wal mart brand knifes (I broke 3/5 of those). Are these good? Are they quality?

It's not a meme- copper cookware is the best available for certain tasks- it just tends to be more expensive than it's worth. Having got it as a gift, though, you don't have to worry about that.

Use it for anything where really fine, accurate temperature control is a priority, as that's where copper shines, no pun intended.

You still got a free nonstick pan, cheers

Wusthof has many different lines of knives, if you actually got 5 wusthof classic knives, they are great. There's no bad wusthof line, so either way it's a upgrade.

Not him, but what's the best all-purpose pan, then?

>all-purpose pan
12" stainless steel clad.

Stainless, it's not really best for anything other than building a fond, but it will do just about anything decently.

do not use it in the dishwasher or flat stove

stainless. But I hear a lot of good coming from carbon steel as long as you care for it

I got the infomercial ones from my parents and a 8in chef knife from my bro

I got the walmart brand yeti cup. I think it's ozark trail. It was $10. That's the only gift I got and it was from my wife. I spent $430 on her gifts and another $1200 on the two kids and I got a $10 (after tax) off brand yeti cup. I wish I could have an "as seen on TV" copper pan.

Personally I just use the cheapest pans I can my hands on because I don't think it'll make much difference

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D

They couldn't even give you the slightly-cooler RTIC Brand Yeti knockoff

Do you actually sharpen your knives? Does it make any difference?

I was just thinking of asking something in relation to this post. What's the point of diminishing returns with cost and material?
Like, I'm guessing an all-clad set for around $1000 will be multiple times better than a $75 Walmart set of Teflon pans. But will a full copper set for $2500 just be incrementally better than the stainless? Not that I'm looking to drop that much money on cookware, I'm just curious as to experience out there

I should just buy that one and throw the Walmart one out or put it on the roof for the whole year to see how it holds up to the weather and so they can see it every time they pull in

I too have a question. My question is thus: is there any point buying really good cooking utensils if your oven/stovetop is shit?

Why would you suffer shit utensils IN ADDITION to a shit stovetop?

How do you not know Wusthof? disgraceful

youtube.com/watch?v=ELYFWtUy2gA

trow it away

I HAVE INFUSED THIS PAN WITH THE POWER OF RED COPPAAAA