Chinese food for christmas

>tfw I decide to get a more expensive roast from a butcher instead of costco for christmas and it's rotting by the time I go to cook it.

I pre-ordered this roast to pick up on Wednesday night the 21st. It was in a cooler for the short ride home. I opened it up this morning and smelled horrible and looks greener on top then the pictures.

is 4 days too long to keep it in the fridge?

yes that is far too long for it to be in the fridge you dumb cuck
you are retarded

well it was little less than 4 days since I picked it up at night. why would they sell it to me knowing it was for christmas? I bet I was sitting for a while before I picked it up, never had this problem before with any meat.

Don't blame the butcher for your stupidity. If you know you weren't going to use it for four days, you should have put it in the freezer.

Fucking this - why dude
Why would you do that

this hurts me

that's why I asked the butcher if it would be ok by christmas and they said yes. the internet says 4-5 days in the fridge is fine. there's no way this roast was still good a day or two before I opened it, it was rotten as fuck.

Bro I want to believe
But honestly you should have taken precautions

Bring it back to the butcher then. Explain that one of their butchers said it would be OK but that it wasn't

What are you gonna do now, OP?

Christ, a great, and I mean great, rib roast ruined. Hang your head in shame.

Japanese steak house/sushi I guess

I'm going to, I'm thinking they gave me a roast they didn't sell rather than cutting me one to order, never seen beef rot so fast. also looks like they cut the bones away from the meat and put them back, I told them not to.

It's bad meat. Good meat can be out over a week. Take it back

It's fine. This is what a $300 dry aged steak looks like after 5 weeks.

4 days in the fridge aint shit for that big piece of meat you probably didnt keep it cold enough or the butcher sold you already tainted meat

That's pretty tragic. Looks like it once was a nice piece if prime rib. Sorry you got fucked. Merry Christmas, bro.

because some people celebrate christmas early, especially if they're visiting family ON the holiday

Four days is too long, especially if it was wrapped up in butcher paper - the bones get dark and the meat turns green on the outside. And yeah, you get that funky smell.

The meat has some nice marbling but it still looks like a poorly done rib roast. What's with the string? It doesn't look like the bones were cut off, so what's the purpose?

I don't know what to think of it. I've spent the better part of the last three days doing special orders for rib roasts and tenderloins. That almost looks like a pre-cut rib roast taken out of a vacuum pack. I'd be embarrassed to sell that to a customer.

they gave you a bad roast because you said that you were going let it get old before eating it anyways.

that yours?

>pre-ordering meat in the first place

There's your problem famalam