Hi there Veeky Forums. I need to write a paper of 6000 words, with little knowledge about the subject...

Hi there Veeky Forums. I need to write a paper of 6000 words, with little knowledge about the subject. It's due to Friday.

Is this possible? Please give me some usefull insights on how to complete this quest.

Totally doable, but you better get off Veeky Forums and start. Have you done any secondary reading? I'm assuming you're done with the primary source.

Yes I have some reading and some sources. I'm now trying to summarize 3 text into my paper

It's for college btw.

Yes. Draft up a rough plan for the essay, get the relevant literature and just start writing.

I wrote 8,000 words in one sitting when I had no other option, although I'd done a couple of days planning.

don't try to plagiarize from jstor or any other database. if your professor is even halfway competent in their field, that shit will be caught quick.

Definitely.
I wrote 3000 words for a paper this morning.

I won't man. They check all papers with a device that detects plagiarism.

My chief concern is that my professor wrote his fucking phd about my subject. Wrong choice

Or learn to plagarize correctly. Quote the hell out of secondary sources. This is what academics do. They contribute zero originality, other than there own particular arrangement of secondary sources, and are lauded for it. The formula of thesis, minor argument 1, quote, analyze and show how it relates to minor argument 1, and thus the whole thesis, and proceed to minor argument x until that specific thesis is argued for in total, is a staple of masterfully bullshitted undergrad papers everywhere. Using the secondary sources in addition to the primary does the work of "making your paper complex and insightful" for you.

what is the subject?

Even if he wrote his PhD about it, you have little to worry about. Unless you are a graduate student, professors don't expect an original idea. If you had one, you would send it to a magazine, not to them. He knows you don't have much background to do research, just like most undergrads.

It's hard to advice you if we don't know what is the subject matter. You can use jstor or other database to gather some papers, maybe take a position, compare them, point out what is common, criticize what some of them fail to see, etc.

If you are grad students.
I'd say you're fucked.

Introduction 5%
Thesis 5%
Argument 75% (Evenly divided between sources)
Summation 5%
Conclusion 5%
Citations 75%

Use Oxford Bibliographies to make sure you have the best sources, get the pdfs, and follow advice and copy paste large tracts of text that supports your thesis. Also consider adding/acknowledging counterarguments in summation, and source those too.

*Citations 5%

I wanna lick that ass for hours on end.

Then I'd fuck her mouth.

I'm an undergrad. I'm making a comparison between 2 18th century constitutional documents in the Netherlands.

What I'm doing now is I have 4 secondary sources (3 thesises, 1 book) for the first constitutional document and I'm trying to merge them into my paper

>4 secondary sources

so easy, identify points of contention, play the authors off each other

>I'm an undergrad. I'm making a comparison between 2 18th century constitutional documents in the Netherlands.
you should be able to write the draft in one day buddy

get off the chan

Yes, I guess I'm very unsure about my writings because my professor dedicated 2 years of his life to this matter

Who cares, thats what professors do. I assume you know his beliefs on the subject? Spit em back at him, it will give him a chubby. Academics are pathetically vain about their beliefs.

OP here gain. I'm getting there. It's just a bit harsh from time to time because the sources are in English and French and I need to write in Dutch. But we'll get there.

>5 word paper due in 100 years
>only written 4 words

how fucked am i?

Kek, 6000 words is not much but it also isn't that little

>200 word essay due tomorrow
>only have 10 words
SHIT

say "um" a lot. also if you put a space before and after each comma and full stop, most word processors will count them as separate words.

How do you say 'um' in a paper?

He said its for college

College teachers aren't fooled by bullshit tricks

learn to write fluff

Lot of bragging ITT
How many words per day on average do you guys achieve, assuming that it's a college paper, not some blogpost

lots of ', therefor', ', in contrast to'. Be redundant and use synonyms.

This OP. Also pad all the sections. Think of each as a separate essay on the same topic. Repeat informaation, restate he same shit, in the body each quote can be with its intro and your own bullshit easily stretched to 4 big paragraphs for each quote you use.

>Repeat informaation

This actually. Bis repetitia placent. Even great authors repeat stuff all the time

I don't say it as a boast, because it's an idiotic way to work, but every paper I wrote at university, from 2,500 - 12,500 words, was written over the course of 24 hours. At the upper length (i.e. my dissertation), I had begun researching, collating references, etc. in advance, but on the 2,500 - 5,000 scale, it was all generally done in a day.

I had lots of hideous all-night experiences when essays were due, but was fortunate enough to do well consistently.

>It's due to Friday.
what is it even supposed to mean? Are you an ESL?

It means that the paper needs be handed in on Friday

it shouldn't have been written that way, you smartass

shitposting 6000 words on Veeky Forums is my casual afternoon routine during my daily poop session, it's nothing. just start working on it.

Did you died reading that? Not everybody is a native English speaker.