Does Veeky Forums like Hopscotch?

Does Veeky Forums like Hopscotch?

I do.
You should read it in Spanish though.

but I don't speak Spanish

I'm in love it, so Veeky Forums probably hates it. Also someone is gonna call me pleb in like five minutes after I post it, as it always happens.

>pleb

Why? Is it L’Étranger tier in Latin America or something?

Op checkout blow-up and other stories if you hadn't already done so. They're enjoyable Borges-lite entertainment.

My personal fav was the story about the strangers in the house of the brother and sister -- forget the name.

u nigger

House Taken Over, great story.

I'm reading it in spanish (i'm a native spanish speaker) but for some reason i'm used to lost the concentration with this book a lot, what am i doing wrong?
talking about surealism in general (the genre) what books you recommend me to check first?

Nothing, some people find it just hard to read

Cortazar is tumblr-core here.
He's great, but he is always namedropped by DUDE LITERATURE LMAO tumblr girls.
Sabato is the real argentinian patrician writer

So fucking what?

He's still a far better writer than Sabato.

>Hopscotch
>not Rayuela
suicídate marica.

It's because Cortázar sucks. And not in the tumblr-meme way.

Native spanish speaker here too compañero.

>dislikes a great writer because other people like him
>thinks hes patrician

No, nothing like that. It's just that everytime I post on Veeky Forums someone calls me pleb for whatever reason, normally accompanied by a photo of Proust, so now I'm scared of posting here.

I'm spanish and I also lost concentration a lot with it, specially in the parts about jazz, I guess if I knew more about jazz I wouldn't drift like that. The book is dense as concrete, but I love it with all my heart nonetheless.

Veeky Forums

Sorry for the late response. I'm not familiar with surreali am as a genre of fiction... However here are a few recommendations that veer between symbolism and absurdism...

Kafka short stories
Pirandello short stories
Boris Vian's Froth on a daydream
Sam Beckett's Murphy
Meyrink's Der Golem
Poetry of Rimbaud and Mallarme

>Sabato
>not Arlt
end yourself you filthy casual

Nah.
He has like three good books (Hopscotch, All Fires the Fire, Bestiary). The rest is 'DUDE LOOK MY WACKY PLOT TWIST' or a WACKIER rehash of Hopscotch.
Besides the three books i posted, his material is mediocre as fuck.
Arlt is god-tier too, but i prefer Sabato because his main characters are literally me (melancholic betas with suicidal tendencies) and i love his rants about random shit.

Another thing about hopscotch what is the best the way to read it? (For a non-expert reader)

Lo mejor de Cortázar es la traducción de memorias de Adriano.