What book has the most beautiful prose ever which is going to bring a tear to my eye?

What book has the most beautiful prose ever which is going to bring a tear to my eye?

The autumn of the patriarch desu

I don't care if it's a cliché, but fucking Lolita. The description of the Annabel tryst in the beginning had me shaking

Tropic of Cancer

a handful of pages in maldoror blew me away

bump

bump

Ulysses Circe with fireworks, twat, and jerking on a beach next to the scrotumtightening sea

Ulysses

This. Too bad almost everything else was psychotic nonsense about murdering children and other fun stuff. Does anyone know if it was translated ? Is it even possible ?

Stoner by John Williams. At least it did for me. Fav book btw.

pleb

The KJV bible

Wind, Sand and Stars

Heart of Darkness is exceedingly beautiful to me. Conrad applied Swiss patterns to his language which results in his unique style, the effect really impressed me when I read it.
Lolita is trash and Nabokov's style over substance philosophy doesn't work when there is no substance to begin with

Horrible opinion.

depends on what you like in prose

>style over substance philosophy

Kill your self me man.

If you think that's bad, I also love blood meridian for the exposition on the scenery and visual elements

>Conrad applied Swiss patterns to his language
What the fuck are you talking about?

Moby Dick

Bruno Schulz

This and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

Pessoa.

Kill yourself my man.

>style over substance
You can't separate the two. The aesthetic is substance. Form is why people read literature in the first place. Otherwise the author could just articulate the same idea more succinctly in an essay.

Ulysses, Moby-Dick, Lolita, Omensetter's Luck, The Magic Mountain, and The Death of Virgil all have gorgeous prose.

>Otherwise the author could just articulate the same idea more succinctly in an essay.
Yeah, about that...

I'll second that. The scene where Katherine and Stoner break up gets me every time.

Horrible opinion

>40 pages long sentences
thank mr gabo

for me, the waves is the most beautiful thing i ever read

I liked All the King's Men a lot. Moby Dick too.

In Search of Lost Time. The entire series is about beautiful lingering prose.