Is it really the best science book ever written?

Is it really the best science book ever written?

>On October 19, 2006 the Royal Institution of Great Britain named The Periodic Table, by Primo Levi, the best science book ever. After taking nominations from many scientists in various disciplines, authors, and other notable people (such as the Archbishop of Canterbury) the Royal Institution compiled a shortlist of books for consideration. This shortlist was presented to the public at an event held at Imperial College and the audience voted to determine which book was "the best."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Periodic_Table_(book)

literally what ?

>Writer Primo Levi (1919-1987), an Italian Jew, did not come to the wide attention of the English-reading audience until the last years of his life. A survivor of the Holocaust and imprisonment in Auschwitz, Levi is considered to be one of the century's most compelling voices, andThe Periodic Tableis his most famous book. Springboarding from his training as a chemist, Levi uses the elements as metaphors to create a cycle of linked, somewhat autobiographical tales, including stories of the Piedmontese Jewish community he came from, and of his response to the Holocaust.

Ah, now it makes sense. Saged.

Wow. Antisemitism doesn't belong here, pol. Ugh. Ah. Ooh.

it's not even antisemitism

we're talking Veeky Forums value here, holocaust-based novels are all hardcore shilling with no literary merit

primo levi is actually patrician as fuck

there's no victimizing or anything of the sort, and his work is based firmly on the literary tradition.

primo levi can recite dante by heart. what have you done bucko?

I didn't experience an oven ;)

You know nothing about literature if you haven't heard of primo levi.

>literature based around thing I disagree with MUST be nothing but shilling.

;)

neither did he

but his family did XD

that's the dumbest opinion I've ever read in this board. It's not really but I just wanted you to know it's a dumb opinion

Correct. Levi is based & patrician.

...so is the book good?

it's certainly a great cover, and that's how I judge most of the books I read

This. Levi is an incredibly good writer.

It's a great book but it's hardly a science book.

Wait can I actually learn science from this or is it just muh concentration camp the book?

I liked Tranquil Star, so maybe I'll check this shit out

This. This is probably great literature but if there's no actual science, or history of science, in it, I'd hardly class it as a Science Book.

A science book is something like pic related, or A Brief History Of Time.

It's a good read, but the end is a bit lightweight.