What has been your lowest low in life so far Veeky Forums?

What has been your lowest low in life so far Veeky Forums?

Your biggest failure?

I'm 25, almost 26, and since graduating I have worked a job I hate because I've told myself I had no other options.

Anybody ever feel this way?

I feel like quitting and travelling for a while, but I don't have any real skills.

What are some books on this subject?

bible

Same situation but I dropped out. Life is dull.

month to 21 and i havent even started college

What was your degree in? What kind of job are you doing right now?

23, kissless virgin, living with my parents, no education past high school, only have a part time job which I got through nepotism, no ambitions or drive to succeed.
Every day is lower than the last.
I started reading recently because I'm hoping maybe I can find some direction. Also it's another form of escapism, video games aren't interesting any more, and TV/Movies the same.

read Steppenwolf

29 with an A.S. in I.T. and my career path has gone from desktop support technician on the way to graduating college and obtaining vital certifications in 2014 to being in 2016 working at a fucking Family Dollar as a register jockey.

I did write a book which I self-pubbed on Amazon last night but it's not that great and has no sales thus far.

But you know, when I was 25 almost 26 I was in the same situation you are. It gets better, and then you get knocked back down, so.....yea.

Degree was in Eng Lit & History, which means my skillset is limited. I just feel I've driven myself into the ground and sacrificed my youth for the sake of security and to maintain an image that others can't mock (for being poor, underemployed, carefree, lazy, etc). I realize it's childish and pathetic to do so, but still it's what I'm doing. I accept also that for society to function everybody must sacrifice their contentment and happiness and desires (to varying extents) for the sake of the community as a whole, but still I feel like I'm practically giving up on my ambitions and instead simply working to please other people or at least avoid being scorned by them. I haven't missed a day at work despite loathing my job. I feel like a meek, submissive, gelded little bitch. My coworkers view me as an autistic mute. I recently read on here that karl ove knasgard spent his 20s bumming around college and avoiding work as best he could. I just become so envious of that and think that it's a sign he really wanted to write and dedicate himself to literature.

Chón?

This is good to hear. I'm 25 and still looking for a job thats so far away from retail, kitchen etc and to no avail, despite having training in multiple fields and a few internships. I keep hoping but man is it ever draining.

My entire life has been a compendium of failures to be quite honest. I was given an absurdly easy hand in life and I have done nothing with it

OP here. I'm actually halfway through this at the moment. Why did you suggest that? I understand Haller's inner turmoil but I'm unsure how it specifically relates to my situation at the moment.

No idea what that means sorry.

OP here. I worked in kitchens etc before finding this job. While the pay was terrible, the hours were quite short and I was on my feet. Now I have a safe job in which I don't have to talk to anybody all day and can often have an hour or so to myself on the internet, but still I feel like I'm dying while I sit there for nine hours staring at my screen while people walk around and gossip etc.

Are you advertising it at all? It'll be completely invisible if you don't.

I'm a 25 year-old NEET with no education past high school, so you could be worse off. I've felt pretty much the same way about the few jobs I've had but the difference is they were shitty enough for me to leave after a couple of months at most.

Do you have any ambitions?

Personally I have been trying this whole time to write and publish a novel, but it's extremely difficult while also working full-time.

What do you mean by absurdly easy hand? In what sense?

I haven't begun a full ad campaign yet since I have no cash on hand yet, but I have put out posts on FB, Twitter, and KBoards. I am hesitant to post it here since it would be sort of foolish, considering that Veeky Forums is used to literature of a much higher caliber than mine and it seems conceited for me to think that my book should take precedence over other authors.

The best thing you can do in your situation is have a car. If you have a vehicle it helps a lot, part of the reason I'm stuck the way I am is due to lack of a driver's license or vehicle (Very expensive for a vehicle, so I never got my license as a kid and don't have anyone who will train me on driving)

There are other things you can do to improve your skillset. I can only speak for I.T. work but if you plan on working with computers the best option is to find a testing center near you and go for certs. I've found that the A+, while entry level, is a colossal waste of 400 bucks especially since now you need to pay 100 bucks every few years to renew it. So just go for Network+ or your CCENT/CCNA right off the bat and have a more prestigious certification on your resume right off the bat.

If you're not doing I.T. I know there are certs in other fields, like for accounting or nursing and whatnot. There's even a civil service test if you want to try your hand at the postal service or conducting a subway train or whatever else you need that for.

>What do you mean by absurdly easy hand?
Everything has always been easy for me. School both science and humanities, socializing, sports, art, etc. I come from a fairly wealthy family, I'm goodlooking, etc.

I just haven't done anything with it. Had lots of plans as a teenager and never put any of them into action, some kind of fog just descended on my head. Kind of halfheartedly pursued various things but my existence is more or less pointless. I gave up at one point and became an alcoholic and now that is what I do. Because I was dealt all these good qualities my life as an alcoholic is not really that bad, I can enjoy most of what people seem to like about life, except having money obviously.

One day the bottom will fall out though

I'm 22 years old, fucked up my studies because I'm a lazy idiot, and so I now have to study something I hate in which I am incompetent and have no future. Also, I am crippled by anxiety (always stressed, can't have people looking at me, can barely hold a simple conversation), never had a real job so I have no experience and am basically useless, I am a khv with little to no friends, I feel lonely as fuck everyday, I ruined everything my parents ever did for me, and I'm all around a general trash. That's my current lowest point, but, hey, you never know, might get even worse.

> fucked up my studies
What did you study?

user here, this user may actually be me. I had a "crap" summer job at a kitchen that turned out to be really fulfilling in a way, and a few years later, I did an "good" internship with a consulting firm that turned out to be horrible for me. I gained weight and hated myself for not fitting in with the most normiecore group of people in my office.

Get a job that lets you be an expert at something. I would actually recommend sales, if you don't feel uncomfortable carrying on a conversation and doing small talk with the aim of leading toward a pitch. Don't be an idiot who falls for vector marketing. Just apply to represent a small IT company or small brewery or something B2B

I fucked up my math studies in high school because I couldn't do my homework or ask questions or work in class (anxiety), so I was limited when it came to university. I now study law, I am one of the worst student of my cohort, I absolutely hate the subject and since I'm crippled by anxiety I'm not too good with interacting with others, which is like 80% of the skills of anyone doing law should have.

>I feel like quitting and travelling for a while, but I don't have any real skills.
Cruise ships bro. Pay can be fairly shit but you travel and live for free.

Picamilon. Try it.

Why? What is it?

In terms of anything I'm "doing", I'm finishing up the first draft of a novel, but I wouldn't really count that as an ambition or a "productive" activity because it's not PC or erudite enough to sell. I started out with some vague notions of making it more marketable than my previous attempt at a novel (finished and shelved after a series of form rejections from agents) but I quickly realized that I wasn't physically capable of writing anything that normal and ended up going even crazier with this one than the last. In retrospect, it should've been pretty obvious that this was where it was headed from the start since the primary inspiration for it was Finnegans Wake.

I'm 28. I'm two semesters out from graduating college with a Bachelors, which I may not be able to do because reasons. I'm a 240lbs schizotypal and psychotic transsexual otherkin now, apparently. I just woke up one day and realized it Gregor Samsa style. I used to be 160 lbs extremely lean athletic, but hated by everyone for being a sanctimonius shit. Well I lost even more friends than that from transitioning, and then became homeless, and then worked for an associates degree that did nothing for me, and then another one, and then decided to go on for a bachelors in the process getting four more associates degrees and still completely unemployable. I worked my ass off to get through my first 4 degrees and while every employer said constantly that I was a great worker, they also treated me like absolute shit. I remember walking through a blizzard because they wouldn't let me lock my coat up in the women's locker room, for instance, and wouldn't hold onto it behind the counter either. I think my biggest low must have been when I was going to go assassinate a few people and my daemon woke up and hijacked me just to make me stop. I dunno. My entire life is a downward trajectory.

Just release the damn thing dude. Even if it doesn't sell at least you can say you wrote and published a book. Hell might as well go for a traditional publisher if you're not concerned with the cash.

Even if the rest of your life turns to shit, at least you can look back and see that you've left something behind.

not having a woman in my life is the only thing that makes me depressed really. I can make my way around everything else.

19, lots of acquaintances and people i sometimes meet, no friends. my type doesn't like me and i'm girls i hate's type
not kissless but a virgin
The only good thing is decent uni scores without much trying
Full yet meaningless life scenarios

dont get my wrong I have worked in kitchens before and found it draining. I wouldn't want to be stuck staring at a computer screen all day as well. Ideally I want something that is engaged in the community or at least outdoors and active. I may just suffer from that delusion that I want to do something fulfilling a can have an impact, rather than just for some corporate gain.

I have a drivers license but no car. Because they are all extremely expensive. I had an interview with an environmental organization and when they saw I had a license they got hesitant because maybe they saw me as "part of the problem"

You need to to get a sense if self and stop wishing you are other things that you are not. I wentered through a 4 year period convinced I was a woman trapped inside a man's body. I got to the point where I was saving up for a sex change and going and getting consulting for it. Then over the course of 3 months I realized how dumb I was. I was just running away from any and all other problems I had with myself and realized gender identity on a personal level doesn't mean jackshit and neither does sexuality. Don't focus on a gender you think you might be. It makes no difference. You are a human and so is everyone else and that's really all that counts. I knew people who fully transitioned and it didn't help them at all. One of them even had support from family and friends and was still miserable. It isn't the answer. Find out what's really going on with yourself.

Prolly the times i used to crossdress and go on omegle all night long, only to then skip university the next days, or go but with no sleep whatsoever.
I ended up making no friends, learning very little (i was studying piano at the time) and failing 4 out of 5 courses.
I realize my hedonism destroyed my musical carreer but i still look back at those times and laugh at how maniacal they were.
Musical interpretation is for unoriginal faggots anyways, so i'm glad i'm not there anymore.

this desu, I'm 22 and have never even had a gf. I'm pretty normal otherwise but it really gets to me sometimes. I just want someone to want me man

I'm drunk right now so I can't answer this well but first of all you're projecting quite a bit, second of all duh human problems persist past transition because transsexuals are human beings, and nobody is ever without problems utterly. Just because I'm transitioning doesn't mean I can't also work on other things, they're not mutually exclusive, that's a ridiculous false dichotomy.

I'm sorry if I was. I don't know you and I won't claim to. What I said was based off of a lot of things that I saw with transgendered people when I was transitioning myself and what made me turn my back on it. In the midst of all of that, I lost any reason why I ever cared to transition. It was hard for me because I felt I needed to since I was 14 and I finally got to the point where I was going to make it happen.

Why did you crossdress? Do you parents know about this?

Yeah there's a lot of stupid "trans" people mostly because of the bloo bloo gender expression people, if you're comfortable in your body don't transition, period, social roles are a fucking spook, fucking idiots think that being uncomfortable in your body is some sort of negligible consideration when it's the whole reason to or not to transition, idiot trans trenders ruin everything, fuck them all, I hope they absorb all the bullets aimed at trans people

it's mostly a fetish but i also enjoyed looking good and socializing while dressed.
Only my mother knows and she hates it and thinks it's gonna turn me gay, but whatever, lol, she'll get over it eventually.
I only do it in secret though. I have to lock my door everytime i do it.

Where did you buy your clothes from? I want to start crossdressing

I took some of my sister's old clothes from some boxes and bags in my basement.

If you wanna start in a proper way though, i'd suggest getting a place for yourself, but if you can't then get a PO box so you can buy em' online and not get caught when receiving them. You'd still need to get a good hiding spot in your room however.

I'm 28, NEET for 5 years, useless since birth and comfy since I lost my last job.

Still happy and confident I chose the best path in life every day.

I would love to go back to being NEET but I also like having food in my stomach and electricity so I have little choice but to be a wageslave.

Would be nice if the writing takes off and I can break my bonds to become the ultimate NEET: One rich with finances.

A rich NEET is just called a gentleman.

Welfare isn't too bad if you can get it though.

I wouldn't worry about being a virgin at 19

My lowest point is probably now. 26, unemployed, virtually no employment prospects, and mooching off my one living parent who feels too guilty to kick me out. I have a substantial amount of savings to pay for my own things thanks to an account opened for me at birth. It was intended to give me money for a car or as a safety net, but I mostly just use it to cover my living expenses (which aren't that much since I live rent-free and have only one bill to pay).

I do have a college degree (In English lit, minor in creative writing), as well as an associates in university studies. The only job I've ever held was a seasonal gig with UPS, and that was only for a couple months right after I finished school. Been a NEET for 2 years now. My younger brother keeps pestering me to find a job, my mother isn't but she wants to retire and sell the house so I'll have to figure something out within a year or so.

My future is pretty bleak. By 2018 one of these will be true: I will be a wageslave with a hollow, soulless existence; I will be penniless and completely dependent on my mother or brother, living a life of shame; or I will be homeless and starving, this is only if for whatever reason I am disowned by my family and they refuse to care for me (unlikely, but it's still a possibility). Obviously the homeless situation would be the worst, but the other two are about equally terrible, and the worst part is indecision isn't going to save me from this. Doing nothing will just fast track me on to the path of dependency, so for the first time in my life putting off a decision isn't going to make my life easier.

There are several occasions where I've made a complete and utter ass of myself, embarrassed my friends or family, or turned my nose up at incredible opportunities to flat-out better myself because I was an incredible prick for most of my young life. Those were pretty low.

The time I felt the lowest, though, was in the second semester of my freshman year when I fucking tanked an exam and had to confront the fact that I was wasting my time and my parents' money fucking around with a dorm full of party kids when I could--and should--have been putting in an actual degree of effort. Having mostly skated through high school and gotten Cs with maybe 30% of the effort everyone else was putting into it, that was just another wake-up call.

I'm 22, have worked one job that I hate, can't find another one, and have gone out of my way to never enter a relationship because my standards have always been high.

I'm young enough that I still believe things will work out or get better. I'm healthy and in decent shape (getting better), so if I can't find work after getting my degree I'm going to join the military.

I mean I like the idea of welfare for myself. I'd like to get in on those NEETbux but despite my obvious failings I've never actually been diagnosed with anything and I have no kids so I'm ineligible for that. Hell the few times I've needed food stamps so I could actually get food I've had to lie and say I was homeless to get them.

Otherwise they tell you you need to work 20 hours a week to qualify. Bitch, if I had a job I would be earning my own money and I wouldn't be coming here for a fucking handout!

Either way I guess I'm fine with not getting NEETbux. It puts more control of one's life into the hands of government, and isn't the objective to escape from the clutches of that tyrannical machine? Why be another cog when you have the potential for more?

Get in shape and apply for Officer Candidate School. Look up local seminars for resume building and shit. Volunteer somewhere if you think it'll look good on a resume. Work a job you can't fucking stand for a while, but keep up the job hunt until you can find another one. Learn a language. Then learn another one.

If you're in shape, have no criminal record, have no history of drug abuse, no tattoos, no piercings, a college degree, speak more than one language, and can prove that you haven't just been jerking off with your thumb up your ass since you graduated and STILL can't get a job, then you might as well walk to Alaska and get yourself killed trying to sodomize a fucking polar bear.

Would you need some kind of document or certificate for language learning? Or is it fine if it's independent

Pretty sure a document or certification would be necessary if you're going to spam applications, but if they just ask you to prove it in the interview then independent should be fine. Probably depends on where you're trying to get hired.

It's hard to live off that kind of education unfortunately.
The odds of becoming a super rich writer are not realistic.

Your life isn't completely over though. Even if you were in your 40s you can still go back to school. You have all the basics...you will have to take a few more classes but I highly suggest a nursing career. With nursing you can get a gig with an agency as a traveling nurse (some make like $60/HR). You met new people everyday and learn a lot about human beings. Hours in nursing are very flexible. You could still do writing on the side.

My lowest point was probably when I was about 21 years old. I had had a very wild, swinging college career up to that point. One semester, I'd do very well and get A's in all my honors-level courses, then the next semester would come and I'd fail most of them. I felt like I was trapped, somehow, in my own head, not able to focus, not able to really do what I wanted to do even when I wanted to do it. It was terribly frustrating, because I was depressed at my own lack of control, but at the same time I wondered if I could control myself at all. I dropped out of school, started working a dead-end job at my Dad's medical practice, and felt like there was no hope.

However, I eventually wound up being diagnosed with high-functioning autism and put on medication. Most of my mental troubles cleared up, I was able to control my mind better, and my functioning improved. I eventually re-enrolled at my original school and graduated a year and a half later with a BA.

Don't give up. You can do it.

Hate to break it to you but plenty of people with tattoos, piercings and a history of drug abuse can and do hold jobs (across all wage levels)

I lost a few years of my life in early high-school/middleschool to a really bad flu and being locked up in a psych ward. I've never really recovered. Felt hurt and let down by almost everyone I knew and lost faith in almost everything, but it turns out the real problem was missing a crucial period of academic and social development.

I was back in full regular classes for the first time since grade 9 last year, and felt so alienated and stupid that I've decided to take an extra year. Being a legal adult still in highschool, especially when all my friends have moved on (some are even getting married) feels atrocious. Now I don't know if I'm making up for lost time or further holding back my progress.

Also my dog died.

Reading the younger Pliny has been really good. It didn't feel like there was anyone around me who wasn't either distant or an asshole, but now I'm resolved to keep looking.

No shit. I wasn't saying they were unemployable, I was saying that those things aren't always attractive qualities in a prospective employee.

Depending on location those things may be forbidden altogether. For example, Disney and other Florida theme parks will not hire you if you have tattoos or piercings that can't be easily covered up.

You're going to be laughing at those married cunts in a few years, user.

Sorry about your dog.

what does the medication do? what type of doctor did you see? how long after seeing him until diagnosis? how long until the meds took effect?

This yhear it's the third year I'm repeating grade. I'm 2 years away from University now and all my friends are already on their second year.

It got pretty low but it felt kinda liberating knowing that I've failed so catastrofically that I can't get any lower and no one expects nothing from me anymore. It's actually really nice when you accept the situation, the perks are extremly good.

Probably when I was 16 and almost killed myself. I chickened out and told my therapist and she had me put in a ward for a little while. I was diagnosed with bipolar II, GAD, social phobia, and insomnia. Medication, reading, therapy, and friends have helped greatly since then (although I've also been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder). Probably the most helpful practical thing was dialectical behaviour therapy.

Biggest failure: listening to everybody telling me I have to go to school. Not working in my teens.

So here we are. I'll be graduating probably in 2018 with an english degree because it's the one I can finish the fastest. I don't plan on actually doing anything with it. I want to drop all my classes and spend my $6k in savings on traveling around Europe.

lowest low for me was after i graduated university and was unemployed for over a year. after graduating i was really bummed about how little interest i had in my major and didn't do any interviewing. was wallowing in self pity for a while. then a close family member passed and i spent a couple months dealing with that. that was the worst part of my life but the death did help me recalibrate.

eventually got a mediocre job through a relative and then a decent job and moved out of the house.

lowest low was having the place I work for go out of business slowly. cutting my hours. everyone telling me I need a better job and more money. so I forced myself to work a far more serious job making a lot more money but stressed me the fuck out. lasted almost a year before quitting and realizing I don't need much in life to be happy. got myself an easy job with semi shit pay. found a cheap little apartment in the city. now I'm happy as fuck even though my bank account isn't large. no stress. good times. glad I hit that low. currently getting my trucking license. I would love to have a trucking job so I can work long hauls and take more time off during the year. working 9-5 Monday to Friday blows and I want no part of it.

Losing my first pregnancy a little over six years ago was my biggest low. It took over a year to get out of it, mostly with the help of getting into literature (for escapism at first, then more).

I could probably consider it the biggest failure too. That's always what it feels like. But it's not just one incident, it's the ongoing failure of my internal organs to sustain pregnancy.

your basically a murderer. you should be in jail.

your basically a murderer. you should be in jail.

>that was the worst part of my life but the death did help me recalibrate.

I know what you mean, user. When my dad died, it was somehow great for me, mentally. I loved him, but watching him taken off life support renewed my energy for life. I stopped feeling so anxious all the time because I felt a lot more aware of death. There's no reason to worry about little things.

kek

Same here. Most of my friends are in stable long term relationships and will probably get married in a few years. Drives me nut that by the time I have a solid career, the only option left will be used up whores. I can't focus on anything when I'm not in love. At least a crush on someone gives me the motivation to work hard.

how's it feel to kill someone and get away with it you stupid cunt. what are you that bitch that left her baby in the car then went on vacation. I'd still fuck her even after she killed her baby. she's pretty hot. post tits. maybe I'd fuck you too you baby killing fuck.

I saw a proper clinical psychiatrist at a clinic center in Texas, where I live. I take Risperdal, which I'm told is used to treat schizophrenia in higher dosages. I only take 1.5 mg every night. It sort of helps me systematize my thoughts, if that makes any sense. It started working within about three days.

Quality shitposting/10

Not sure if you misunderstood or just being a shitter, but I didn't say anything about abortion. They've all been miscarriages, despite being on bed rest and generally being as careful as possible.

First gf dumping me, wifes miscarriage, graduating from college in 2006, not finding a job, and working in penny stocks and scams and email spamming.

your still a murderer for having shit organs and shit genes so what difference does it make you dumb baby killing cunt?

yes I knew exactly what you meant you fucking baby killer. get a better body you murderer.

lmaooooooo. fucking baby killer man. just throw yourself down a flight of stairs.

I thought I was trans and almost committed suicide.

Now I don't even think about gender at all these days.

Yeah I think I have less anxiety than I used to. I was a huge pussy about death and dying before, just put off confronting even thinking about it and I needed it to in order to break out of my existential crisis

I'm glad it's working out for you now, user.

>It started working within about three days.

so the change was obvious, it sounds like.

how long were you at the clinic? once the med was prescribed and it took effect, is that when you were discharged?

I'm asking because it has been pointed out to me that I have a bunch of spectrum attributes and I have those
>One semester, I'd do very well and get A's in all my honors-level courses, then the next semester would come and I'd fail most of them. I felt like I was trapped, somehow, in my own head, not able to focus, not able to really do what I wanted to do even when I wanted to do it.

all through my life, too,

>23, kissless virgin

Aren't something like 1/4 guys virgins at 24 or something like that? Not something to get worked up over.

>living with my parents,

Me too. Pretty common these days as well. Rent is high, and depneding on where you live it's very hard to afford housing without a decent salary.

>no education past high school,

What would you like to study? University degrees are mostly worthless these days. If you're gonna get into school I'd recommend looking into technical diplomas with clear career paths.

>only have a part time job which I got through nepotism,

That's how most people get jobs. Again, nothing to be ashamed of.

>no ambitions or drive to succeed.

This one I struggle with as well. And since you're reading, I'll recommend you read Oblomov. It's about a man who idles much of his life away. It's such an excellent book. And I think you'll relate to it as much as I did.

>20
>third world country
>no money
>studying architecture and already have a job in a prestigious architectural firm
>not getting payed though, because I'm too young and actually wanted to remain unpayed because I wanted to focus only on gaining experience and not letting money deviate it.
>i fucking love architecture
>still feel empty, no motivation
>already considered both quitting my job and dropping out many times
>homosexual in a very catholic country (actually like 75% homo, 25% hetero)
>still no QT (neither boy or girl)
>I know ill stay the rest of my life alone because I am searching for an intellectual greek canon QT that I know I'll never find
>tried killing myself 3 times and failed all 3
>depressed cuz ill never be a XIX century libertine (among other things)
>I would just like to go full NEET and have money to go full Benedict IX and waste it on alcohol and other drugs, sex and partying with friends.

I'm old enough to have had a few lows in my life. The first was after highschool, but the decline started long before that where slowly I withdrew from social interaction and started playing WoW for hours and hours a day. This was when it first came out so people didn't really understand how consuming it was. Thinking back, it was actually pretty rare for kids to play videogames then, because it was a thing mostly for "losers and nerds".

Naturally my grades plummeted, but I didn't give a damn. I didn't give a damn about anything in those last 2 years of high school. I just wanted to fly under the radar and be left alone, but always teachers would ask me "what's going on? Last year you did so well". I barely got into the shittiest university in the province, and it was for some program they just made up for indecisive idiots like me: A bachelor of arts and science. I "withdrew my application" after the first semester, cut my losses and moved across the country where I did nothing but work in a grimy kitchen and smoke pot for two years in a squalid room. At that point the economy was booming and I could have picked up a trade or worked in the oil sands quite easily, but I was content with being a cook, playing WoW/DotA, and smoking pot all day long. I put myself so far behind my peers that it still affects me to this day. My peers are buying houses, having children, and well into their careers... I hate to think back on such a waste of life.

I was at clinic less than a day. I was in and out, and they diagnosed me pretty quickly. They prescribed the medicine at my local pharmacy, I started taking it, then I had a follow-up in about a month. I was never at any point 'committed,' so to speak.

Here's the real test of autism spectrum stuff. Can you make eye contact with people? When you try to, do you always feel awkward, and never manage to do it? If so, you probably have autism of some kind.

>Whine and get your shit out of your chest
>Ask for some books on the subject so you make it fit Veeky Forums

FUCK OFF TO /SOC/

ALL OF YOU

Thats why I will start a band and if it doesn't work out i will either kill myself or become a bum.
Or I'll get me some neetbux

thanks

Agreed. My current sentiment for life matches everyone's here to be perfectly honest, but literature and discussions of it are an oasis. Don't fuck up the board with this emo shit.

>I accept also that for society to function everybody must sacrifice their contentment and happiness and desires (to varying extents) for the sake of the community as a whole

nice slave morality you have going on there

Submitting yourself to the demands of society is essentially admitting to yourself and everyone that you're an aesthetically bankrupt human being and are content with serving people who are concerned only with their own enjoyment

>My current sentiment for life matches everyone's here to be perfectly honest, but literature and discussions of it are an oasis. Don't fuck up the board with this emo shit.

This. Every navel-gazing idiot who responded to this thread with a sob story of their own deserves to be run the fuck out of this board until they finally learn that Veeky Forums = literature.

Go somewhere else if you have such an overwhelming desire to be a lame millennial all the time.

i will only become uglier and less appealing with time. i have my looks to compensate for my personality, i won't have that in the future though

Tisserand?

This desu. The only woman I cared about now lives in a third world shithole and might be dead for all I know.

I'm 19 years old.

I am handsome, smart, athletic and virile.

I have a novel that is in it's final editing stage, and a creative writing professor at my college has read the first draft and thinks it's saleable.

I have a girlfriend who is confident, articulate, playful and spontaneous.

I have a small group of interesting friends from different social and academic backgrounds, and I also have many other acquaintances who see me as a reliable source of humour and good company.

Both my parents are alive and in good health.

I have no regrets.

I have already experienced three existential crises, the latter of which was described as having the depth and profundity of a man twice my age.

I am a passionate lover, a sharp thinker, and a trader of witty repartee.

I am not self-pitying, meek or needlessly humble.

I will live a good life at your expense.

I dropped out of university in my final year of a Bachelor of Engineering degree with only 3 months left of it. I ended up taking a Bachelor of Science away from it due to "medical reasons", having completed 3 years, but I feel I'll never be respected by my peers because of it, nor get as good a job as I wish I could with it.

I was drinking heavily at the time, taking drugs, sleeping around. It was fun but I fucked my life because of it. I couldn't balance my life at the time and had no aspirations to be anything. I was 22 and able to keep an income from a bar job and ended up going full time there after I decided uni wasn't happening. I wasn't going to classes, my lecturers were worried about my projects, even got recommended to the university psychotherapist. I took that and it helped somewhat. Helped me talk to my Mum about it more than anything.

After I got my BSc that summer I left the city and went to work as a go-kart manager. Two years after that I got a job in a small town as a Design Engineer/technician. I'm working my way up but fuck, I could have been in a better place by now.

How old are you?

>make /r9k/ thread
>books/music for this feel so it's related to the board now
at least 20 a day

100 replies might as well pile on

I went through two years of "depression" at the beginning of university (not sure how much was me making excuses for wallowing in my own muck playing on the computer all day) and completely tanked pretty much every aspect of my life at that point.
For two years after that I had to write a letter to the school explaining why my GPA was so bad (despite acing every class after I went back) so they'd let me stay another semester