I recently started dating a Filipina and her family is making me try a bunch of different Filipino food - which I am...

I recently started dating a Filipina and her family is making me try a bunch of different Filipino food - which I am absolutely okay with, because everything I've been given so far has been delicious! For Christmas they had me try dinuguan, which is pork blood stew (pictured).

Is there any kind of Filipino dish that I should watch out for, that they might get me to try and eat as a prank? So far everything I've been suggested to try has been fantastic.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they make tamales w banana leaves, don't eat the banana leaves.

>Went to a Filipino dinner tonight, and tried eating a banana leave
>Learned it wasn't very edible

>tamales w banana leaves
Did you try to eat Mexican tamales with the corn husks, too? What is wrong with you?

The half formed chicken egg embryo.
Baloot or however it's spelled.
Try pansit if you can it's delicious.

Fertilized duck egg. It's definitely an acquired taste. Try sigsig

Durian is not a meme, it's as foul as people say. Avoid it.
Balut looks gross but actually tastes alright, depends on if you're cool with eating half formed duck foetus.

They also have a lot of shitty Americanised foot, hopefully they'll avoid that and stick to the traditional stuff.

Pinoy Pasta Carbonara. A true delicacy.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

I'd say durian is like cilantro, you either love it or hate it. No harm trying once to find out.

How's the sex?

Pinoy here, try Palabok and Adobo... Adobong Pusit is gud.

Don't try anything that is a filipino version of something foreign. It's usually shit, see Like said stick to the traditional stuff. Though the best Filipino food is dependent on fresh local ingredients (and some traditional ingredients that are sadly dying), so aside from taking a trip to the country you won't be able to get the best of the cuisine. Nothing beats kinilaw with very fresh fish, proper coconut vinegar and coconut milk made on the spot.

Try
Palabok (and other types of pancit)
Dinuguan
Lechon
Adobo
Kinilaw
Lumpia

So, how was Noche Buena, OP?

Filipino-American food is great Filipino food is not. Filipino food beyond bbq and Lechon and adobo is bland either sweet or salty with rarely any other depth of flavor mixed with a bland sauce you eat with rice. Filipino American food is great as they take filipino recipes and add more damn flavors and spices.

If you are at the Philippines hit the rural country eat fresh high quality ingredients and bang some tight body filipina.

>I recently started dating a Filipina

>still eating flip food
they're either first or second generation immigrants and therefore still highly value food and wouldn't use food as a prank.

>confirmed for not knowing shit
The Philippines has shitty cooks and nobody cares about refinement in the food culture.
But once in a while you find an old grandma/grandpa that remembers how to cook before every ingredient was industrialized.
When dishes are properly done and not some from some shitty food stall they are pretty good.
Kare-kare, laing, dinuguan, sinigang, paksiw, bicol express, ginataan, etc. can all be great dishes with depth when done by a proper cook with good ingredients.

And that's not counting the muslims in the south who definitely have a better cuisine than the rest of the country.

Enjoy your std's.

Pretty much the only phillipino food that you need to look out for is Balut. Its a fertilized duck egg. Ivw tried it and the yolk tasted fine but i just couldnt bite into that little chick.

My gf is Filipino and her and her brother and sister have never been willing to try dinuguan. A couple years ago I tried some that her grandmother made. I wanted to dislike it because the idea of blood sauce is gross. I only had 2 pieces of the meat because there was so much other food but I didn't take irony at all and wasn't really gross.

Filipino food is pretty awesome. The only thing my gf gave me that I didn't like was fried spam because it was so greasy.

You think dealing with a filipina's family makes me a beta? Confirmed for never having dated an Asian.

It was bueno.

This is correct, they're first gen immigrants. They've been so happy every time I've eaten some of their food and liked it, but her dad is a massive prankster so I still wouldn't put it past him to put Balut in a pie or something.

what's her pussy like

Sideways

Racemixers will be the first to hang on the day of the rope. Rip in peace OP

I'm already a mutt. Hispanic and white ftw, baby.

That's OK then. You will be the second to be hung

Wow, I thought trumpeteers like this were just a meme.

Said the soon-to-be white minority. RIP white boys.

Darkie

52% and falling every year.

Atleast I'm not a shitskin

>Atleast I'm not a shitskin
And you never will be

I'm Canadian and don't hate myself so no, I've never dated a foreigner.

P.S. All of you are going back, feel free to follow her to the Philippines

>P.S. All of you are going back, feel free to follow her to the Philippines
>Implying I wouldn't just take her to Mexico
Shit skins will rule the planet, wigger.

>I'm Canadian
>Tfw Canada still hasn't been bombed to the ground

>admit you're going back
>b-but we'll rule the planet

Just nuke Toronto and a lot of our problems go away.

>b-but we'll rule the planet
America is in its death throws, buddy. Every empire before it has fallen, and America will fall as well. America will be neutered and abandoned, just like the UK.

*throes

chinks and gooks should be gassed

the UK is doing pretty well for itself for it's 'death throes'

Even if we lose all our overseas territory, the US loses... what? Puerto Rico? Guatamala? a Beach in Cuba?

>the UK is doing pretty well for itself for it's 'death throes'
Yeah, went from owning half the planet to being confined to a tiny island that throws shitfits initiated by uneducated bumkins about being in an equal-rights country conglomerate. UK sure is doing swell!

Sushi

it's mostly all pretty good. I really like sisig but all I can think of that I don't like and that's anything with bittermellon.

I try to be really open minded and accept the best things about other cultures and cuisines.
The Philippines has be especially difficult to accept. The people I've met start off as friendly, but then quite quickly turn to trite and basic things like extreme Catholicism, celebrity gossip, judgemental racism and classism, horrible music, and money grubbing greed. And the food is equally shitty, its like canned fruit cocktail mixed with condensed milk. They think hot dogs are a delicacy, and put banana catsup on spaghetti. Anyone white who has affection for this awful country is easily explained: its a cheap Asian country that speaks a lot of English and accepts foreigners in order to exploit them. So its full of fat white middle age to older white men who have been utterly rejected in North America and Europe, but can purchase affection in a place that's so destitute poor they will do anything. In fact a fat white guys is somewhat of a prize for them, they will fight over it. I'm not even sure which side is being abused here, its like a lose-lose situation for both.

There are filipinos born and raised in the US, you know. Not every filipina is a 3rd world country slave looking for a fat white American to get out.

Also, sounds like OP is a Mexican. Why would a filipina like you describe sidegrade?

Fun fact #1
Philpinose are the strongest race

not really related but LUMPIA

OP here, I'm not going to say you're wrong. I know a guy who went to the Philippines and got himself a skinny gf, he's a fat neckbeard retard so I know for a fact what you described happens.

The girl I'm dating is from the US, though, and from a fairly wealthy family. If anything, my poor ass is probably not even good enough for her parents.