What do you guys think about my favorite book?

what do you guys think about my favorite book?

I like how the man on the cover is doing a silly dance

It's kind of hard to read with two crabapples in my cheeks

Great book

my first laugh of the day and it's 11pm where I am

essex

Why the FUCK are you keeping crabapples in your cheeks?!

for winter hibernation, of course. Why else?

To distract from the red rubber balls in my hands

WHY DO YOU KEEP RUBBER BALLS IN YOUR HANDS?

Nah m8

Because then people won't ask me about the crabapples in my cheeks

This does make a lot of sense. Remind me, why are those crab apples in your cheeks again?

did I at least get the country right?

yes, pet.

That book is GOLD. Potentially favorite book as well. Multiple reads. Goddamned brilliant.

I hated reading it in high school, I'd probably like it now though

Sweden

OP here, i'm pretty impressed that you didn't just call it a meme like /mu/ or /tv/ does for every famous movie/band. Legit expected terrible feedback lmao

It's a meme.

I read the book for the first time when I was about 20 and it was an absolute blast. I at least chuckled once on every page and broke out in real laughter every 5 or so pages. I'm rereading it now 7ish years later and have just about finished it. It hasn't stood up well.

I don't know how I didn't see how the whole book is the same couple of same jokes told over and over again. When I didn't find it funny the first time to see the exact same joke turn up, or a very similar joke or a joke of the same type (of which there only seem to be ten or so in the whole book), it becomes incredibly tedious.

Edinburgh

Very funny indeed, but the prose is pretty stodgy and overladen with adjectives.

Too prolix, as ex-PFC Wintergreen would say.

I prefer my books to be "on something," like a drug yuhknow? For like example, blood meridian is faulkner on acid. This book didnt seem to be "on" anything, and that disappointed me. Then I read gravitys rainbow and pynchon knew what this book was missing. He took this retarded book and put it ON something yuhknow like a drug. The drug (again) was freaking acid. You take ot three tomes youre insane, legally, and pynchon is obv obv obv insane in the freekin membrane.

you're retarded