Your first existential crisis?

Female, 21, unemployed but has been employed, dropped out of high school, agnostic?

I was sixteen when I first expressed my nihilistic/existential thoughts in an emotional support group. It sucked. My therapist recommended I read English translation of Sophies World, and No Exit by Albert Camus. None of them made me feel better, though.

I don't know if one can feel better. But also, I might be misinterpreting nihilism; I've come to realize it's philosophy is for the individuals to make their own meaning.

I don't know if I want to be told that I should stop being a spoiled millennial and go out and get a real job.. or if I want to be told that it really is difficult, living in this day what with sjw's and memes. I know that I care though.. I just don't really know where to start because my mind races too fast. What do you think, Veeky Forums?

Start with the Greeks

Once back in 2015 I was in youtube when I saw that Murkiplier had uploaded a new video that was abot a game he called the vid Mark I figered it ws a fan game but when I cicked the vid and fulled screen it and mark started the vid like usully but mark had red eyes with dark blak circles around them and the game was a blak sceen with it like it ws game. Then when I tryed to watch other vid but I could not or click the x then Murk turned and made a unsettling smile then the vid went block then I heard the sound of a paper and marks screams then I heard static and turn aroud and I was see not then Murk sad Goodbye God and then I heard Jack then wade and bobs screams and herd them mutulated and then I was murdered and killed. The end. :(

Two years ago my hypochondria was triggered and I somehow thought I had undiagnosed cancer. I swore I was dying. This made me paranoid and I suddenly realized what death meant. I have been an atheist all my life but never thought too hard into death. It was something that wouldn't happen for decades, I had no reason to worry about it. When I began understanding what loss of consciousness meant I freaked out and became depressed and nihilistic. That lasted several months until I was finally able to block my mind from worrying about it. It took even longer to not get legit triggered by the mention of death.

Nowadays I'm fine. My existential crisis was over.

I think my first crisis was when I was a kid though. I got really mopey about my parents eventual death when I was like nine or ten. I don't remember how I got over it.

I don't know what you should do to deal with your thoughts. I surrounded myself by the most tame media I could find. I couldn't watch anything but Nick Jr because even casual references to death made me paranoid. Maybe you should read comfy books and block out the thoughts like me.

I hate women. I really do. Every time I look at them, my blood pressure shoots through the roof. When they're gabbing on the cell phone. When they're adjusting their lipstick and taking up my time rifling through their stupid purse. When they whine to me about their period. When they blither on and on about some artist/film director/musician nobody else gives a flipping fuck about. When they cry and expect your personal sympathy.

But most of all, /b/, I hate them because they're smug, hyperactive little bitches made that way by our shithole society. Look what uncontrolled feminism and the media has done to them: they think they're superior. They can call the shots. No woman will even know what it feels like to be completely alone and unloved unless she is FIERCELY ugly. All their crying about relationships is merely them fucking up; any girl can get any guy she wants if she tries.

When girls are feeling down, they can have any man they like and fuck him. Even if they have no friends in the world, even if they are pathetic, ugly whores, they could strike up a conversation with any guy in class and make him theirs. But a lonely, pathetic man is hated by women. They know they're better than him. They give him nothing. Even though they know he suffers from his biological urges, they sit and laugh and do nothing for him. They get to choose who is happy and who is sad.

I know this is BAAWWWWW over being a virgin. I know that it's not morally right. But I'm posting it because every single one of you sexless Veeky Forumsposters thinks the same thing. When you watch your roommate make out with his girl, when you hear it in love songs, when you see it on the streets: know that those women are laughing at you, hating you, denying you something completely harmless, just because they hate who you are as a person. And that's their never-questioned right in this world.

You write like Trump speaks.

All roasties deserve to be kept in cages for breeding and kept as slaves

>BAAWWWWW over being a virgin
This is the only part of this shitpost you need to read, anons.

And I retort, paraphrasing.. "one thing I know, is that I know nothing at all".

Yeah, Socrates? What about gravity? The hunger in your stomach.. the heat in your head from anger? I've long played with this ideology.. But now, I'm starting to think it's kind of weak?

Quiz me on some Greek philosophers, I'd say I've dabbled in them already.

MtF. 19. Read Being and Nothingness, realized that I was confronted by infinite possible choices and absolutely nothing was compelling me to make one decision or another; that they were all equally without intrinsic meaning, that nothing I did would ever matter in any fundamental way, or any way at all except maybe to me, and others in a weird refractory way that would feel like a misrepresentation to me if it were ever brought up, but that even this I would probably never achieve.

buttmad roastie detected, do me a favour and kill yourself rgghuvvgu

wat

Anyone know who painted this?

:(

Our times aren't much fun to live in. We've connected the entire globe, and we're making a hell out of that. Local cultures are disappearing, no one knows exactly what to do as all cultural absolutes or points of reference seem to fade away or constantly change, and lots of vain movements, like our memes and the sjws etc. emerge and disappear like waves.

And yet having a stagnated, zombie-like confused environment really does call for a great deal of capacity for autonomy and critical awareness.

So only you can know "what to do"; what best fits your needs. And this doesn't mean you're alone at all, for you are in everyone else's position.

>I just don't really know where to start because my mind races too fast.

A teacher of mine observed writing slows your thoughts down & allows you to look at what's going on in your thought processes, in a way.

Everybody is a bit bewildered by life at age 21. You're thrown out of college into the scary adult world, and it's all very disorienting.

You need to anchor yourself. Shop around for a philosophy that suits you. Existentialism is for dried-up academics who can't feel anything. I'd suggest Epicureanism as more of a young person's philosophy.

Whatever you choose, chances are you will reject it in the end. But it doesn't matter. It will provide you with the anchor you need, at a time when you feel adrift, and that's the main point.

I'm tired of being comfortable.

>The hunger in your stomach.. the heat in your head from anger?
Man is the measure of all things.

And it's the Socratic paradox. Socrates was told by the Oracle at Delphi that he was the wisest. But others seemed to know more. Socrates was wisest because he was aware of his ignorance. Can you claim the same?

>/r9k/
Just fucking kill yourself already, faggot, and put us out of your misery.

Was 14, had to research a religion for school and picked Buddism, the basic idea of life being suffering was too much for my adolescent brain and I went into a very weird period of depressive behavior and attempts to understand philosophies that were way above my abilities.

Panic attacks at 14 --> depression --> suicide thoughts (which of course means an existential crisis)

Is 14 young to get depressed for the first time (clinically, I mean now)? I honestly don't know.

kek, all these pathetic
Waaah I have a crisis
Faggots ITT
If you don't have the will to live, kill yourselves
Weed your weakness out of the population

>When they're gabbing on the cell phone.
I almost hate cellphones. The fact that everyone is looking at their phone 24/7, even when walking on the street, or doing some other thing, is becoming increasingly annoying for me.
I fucking plainly ignore at anyone who speaks to me while checking their phone.

I also hate phone makers or whatever. Every year new phones with more an more useless features and not a single fucking phone with a good battery - it's a phone, I need to make calls and receive messages, and the battery dies now and then because it's so shit.
I would use an old phone instead of a smartphone, but everyone uses shitty apps now to send messages and I need to be communicate with some students for bureaucratic reasons.

>dropped out of high school
what a whore
get a life

this means do something with it instead of living only for the very present, or you will be a waitress in you 40's

I have heard of kids under 10 diagnosed with depression. Childhood depression isn't uncommon, especially in the early teens

One of my colleges was an elementary school teacher and she had a girl with chronic depression.
Can kids of that age be depressed? It looks like they can. Not much a caused depression, as occur with older people do to many circumstances in life, but an innate chemical imbalance that needs to be treated.

depression is a meme for weak plebs to legitimize their weakness

you're an idiot

>Is 14 young to get depressed for the first time
No, it's basically compulsory (aka "teen angst".)

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it, but not as quickly as you might expect. It can take a long time to find yourself as an adult.

You're fucking idioter bitch, suck my cock ya gay faggot

I don't know where you are from... and I didn't even finish reading what you've typed I got half way. Let me tell you, something.. If I continued- while entertaining what you were saying- any longer without saying something about it first... Then I would literally kill myself. Like damn. Maybe you yourself are a woman. Maybe you've been rejected by your mother, maybe... you're just right. Maybe you're a Patrick Bateman. (And he wasn't that far off imho)

Maybe you're completely right in hating described women. I would too. But guess what? I'm a chick, and no where in this thread have I dug through my fucking purse, for my fucking beaver anus extract lip gloss, which I don't even have, nor have I spoken about- losing train of thought. But hey, it's really good that you're expressing yourself. I'm gonna go ahead and finish what you submitted there and possibly leave another response ~

Does it mean just that, that it's more likely to be caused by a chemical imbalance?
Because it hit me again now (at 22) and I have an appointment with a psychiatrist in a week where he'll try to talk me into doing antidepressants (which I've refused so far).

Teen angst is very different from major depression

14-15 years old

My crisis revolved around radical skepticism. I have never had any anxiety about death or meaning, mostly because of Epicurus and the fact that when I renounced my faith and found the fact that life is more about my own personal sense of meaning and not some absurd high-stakes game of "you better do this shit or you're gonna suffer horribly for the rest of eternity, by the way, you're a finite weakling and only have like a 100 year window tops" to be very relieving. But onto my crisis.

I skepticismed harder than goddamn Pyrrho. I would get these awful headaches when I began to cut off every branch I could sit on intellectually. I would get anxious about the idea that I'm in a simulation or that at any moment I could be transported to hell or some other dimension where I would be tortured with unimaginable cruelty. But I couldn't even trust the idea that that was a possibility, because I didn't trust my own mind or even the rules of logic. And some nihilistic dread would creep in if I went too far. The headaches would make it impossible to feel pleasure. There was no skeptical quietest state of mind to achieve for me, because I would just keep on with the neurotic questioning, chasing my own tail.

Thankfully I escaped - for the most part. I started studying philosophy to find some ground to stand on so I don't have to go back. The thing I'm most sure of is the fact that that state of mind is awful, and secondly, that I am of a finite mind that I must think with the meager tools given - I have no choice in the matter.

I don't really want to think about it because I don't want the headaches to come back. Just typing this post I can feel it creeping up behind me.

>boo hoo i'm a woman omg i'm so existential pay attention to me!!!!

Absolutely kill yourself.

getting buttmad are we?
>I LITERALLY COULD NOT FINISH YOUR POST I WAS SO TRIGGERED WAAAAAAAAH
listen kiddo
tits or gtfo filth

Stfu my mind is racing but I'm glad to get responses even if it's from someone with down syndrome.

Let time be your guide OP.

No feeling lasts forever, but if you are very concerned, go see a doctor and get some meds and do cognitive therapy.

:)

>Teen angst is very different from major depression
Not really. They're both symptoms of maladjustment.

The solution is to adapt, and embrace reality as it is, not how you'd like it to be. And if possible, avoid becoming a victim of the therapy industry. It's just a big parasite that preys upon the vulnerable.

(FWIW, I do have a certain first-hand knowledge here ...)

Judging by your respective behaviours, you are way, way more likely to be the one who eventually kills himself.

And the sooner the better. After all, it's not like anyone will miss you.

You don't know anything about me, whereas you've already outed yourself as an insecure and judgmental attention whore. This thread has nothing to do with literature anyways, kill yourself immediately.

NIGGERNIGGERNIGGER
hahaaaaaaaaaa
you are just a sensitive baby who needs a little sucker wahhwahh boohooho go suck on your mommies titties oh wait BTICH IM ALREADY SUCKING ON EM BOOOOOOOOM

OP here, and I was the last long comment. You don't have a girlfriend, do you? That doesn't matter as much as the fact that, I'll say again, you're right in some things you say. But listen here, faggot, not all women and men are the same. How about you stop chillin with your fucboii white knight male friends, and be a proper nihilist and a life of your own. This is my first time posting here and what the down syndrome kid said and what you say, I appreciate. But seriously, be the change.. even if that means punching a hoe in the face or cutting off a sexually irresponsible man's testicles off. Good luck!

im honestly just glad that my stale 2009 /b/pasta got so many yous

im gonna go take a shower now sorry for derailing your thread

bey

Holy shit, this faggot needs to go on suicide watch.

OP here- I want to say that I've been on and off with therapists.. the emotional support group ended when I was eighteen. I actually started attending it in the first place because I was skipping school ( I got connected with the group through my school ) and because of WHO WOULDA THUNK IT family problems. When I was five my mom decided to make me go tui Jehovah witness meetings- whereas my dad remained and has been part of the scientology group five years onwards before my birth. I've grown up in middle class I don't think this has anything to do with your philosophical development.. Or does it?

>You don't know anything about me
Kek. You're nothing but a cliche, faggot. That's all there is to know.

Galaxy S7 has a pretty good battery, put it in ultra powersaving mode and it lasts a pretty good long time. It's also pretty robust as far as flagship phones go.

You don't know what cliche means. Embarrassing.

OP replied~

>implying you're capable of washing yourself

cliché

orcliche

[klee-shey, kli-]

noun

atrite,stereotypedexpression;asentenceorphrase,usuallyexpressingapopularorcommonthoughtoridea,thathaslostoriginality,ingenuity,andimpactbylongoveruse,assadderbutwiser,orstrongasanox.

suck my three inch dick2.

(inart,literature,drama,etc.)atriteorhackneyedplot,characterdevelopment,useofcolor,musicalexpression,etc.

>embarrassing
>projecting this hard

embarrass

Translate Button

[em-bar-uhs]

verb(usedwithobject)

tocauseconfusionandshameto;makeuncomfortablyself-conscious;disconcert;abash:

Hisbadtablemannersembarrassedher.

tomakedifficultorintricate,asaquestionorproblem;complicate.

verb(usedwithobject)

toputobstaclesordifficultiesinthewayof;impede:

Themotionwasadvancedinordertoembarrasstheprogressofthebill.

tobesetwithfinancialdifficulties;burdenwithdebt:

Thedeclineinsalesembarrassedthecompany.

verb(usedwithoutobject)

tobecomedisconcerted,abashed,orconfused.

Origin ofembarrassExpand

1665-75;

OP here and I was the one who said I'm tired of being comfortable btw...
My personal opinion, Anonymous, is that for one wrestling existentialism/nihilism, letting yourself be comfortable... is what kills you? I'm not sure. I am just recently getting out of a SJW thing... I no longer think people are equal... I can turn to cold hard facts; like black people are inferior to non niggs' intellectually. As different race have their differences.

I wonder, if I've held onto wrong views that are just so, what philosophical dilemma have I chosen to use as a life raft in this Sea of Life? Hbu?

maaaan sea of life sheeeiiit nigga omf fa m I do get that shit REAL good nigfa

but uh I am nig and uh I am uh more intelligent than your depressed assess

can you send me a pic? I wonder if you're pretty

Please? I promise I Williams

Remember his I said rieiwo was invtehwb shower wkelr ifucked mypien and neo it wntyt type poyelrmy fucm
Jepp

How about that, a definition and demonstration in the same post.

10/10, minus 10 for the poor self-awareness.

Dictionary

ThesaurusTranslate

awareness

Translate Button

[uh-wair-nis]

noun

thestateorconditionofbeingaware;havingknowledge;consciousness:

TheobjectoftheinformationdriveistoraiseawarenessofwhatspreadsHIV/AIDS.

Origin ofawarenessExpand

aware+-ness

RelatedformsExpand

hyperawareness,noun

overawareness,noun

Dictionary.comUnabridged
BasedontheRandomHouseDictionary,©RandomHouse,Inc.2016.
Cite This Source

Examples forawarenessExpand

Certainsentencesandparagraphscaptureaself-awarenessthatismoreinsightfulthanobnoxiousornarcissistic.

Time to Grow Up, Lena DunhamEmily ShireOctober 9, 2014

“Thereissomeself-awarenessoverwhattheyaredoing,”saidBrooks.

‘Duck Dynasty,’ ‘Buckwild,’ ‘Honey Boo Boo,’ and the 99 PercentTricia RomanoDecember 12, 2012

Butwithself-awarenesscomesself-protectionandalittleparanoia.

This is What Happens When You Teach Machines the Power of Natural SelectionJames BarratJanuary 31, 2014

Itrequiresahugedegreeofself-belief,aconsiderablelackofself-awareness,andatouchofdelusion.

Bush's Rose-Colored GlassesRichard WolffeNovember 12, 2009

Thewomenseematoncetohavenoself-awarenessandtobehyperconsciousofthewaytheywillbeportrayed.

The Perfect Reality ShowAndy DehnartJuly 13, 2011

Intheenormouseveningonlyalittleshiverofself-awarenesswaslefttoher.

NarcissusEvelyn Scott

Afterall,it'sjustaquestionofincreasingtheirself-awareness.

Piper in the WoodsPhilip K. Dick

Hisextraordinaryself-estimateandself-awarenessareequallynoticeable.

WhitmanJohn BurroughsI garlge soft cockz

Thetestofacivilizedpersonisfirstself-awareness,andthendepthafterdepthofsincerityinself-confrontation.

The Crow's NestClarence Day, Jr.

Earlywordsarearecordoftheself-awarenessofthehuman,denotingbodypartsandelementaryactions.

The Civilization of IlliteracyMihai Nadin

OriginExpand

aware+-ness

FacebookTwitterGoogle+

Want Word of the Day delivered to you daily?

One-Click Subscribe

AboutTerms & Privacy

follow Dictionary.com

©2016 Dictionary.com, LLC

This thread is making me sick. Shame on all of you.

OP here I kind of haven't been paying attention to trump, would one clarify how he speaks? If not nbd

That's low tier shitposting. Literally spam, Go lurk some more.

OP here, let's give them a chance.. I believe in second chances yeah?

It's weird for you to reply to me with that when I'm black myself.

You need to cool your head. Talk to your therapist some more. Get into relaxing hobbies. You have too much on your mind for someone who isn't 30. Find a bookstore and read some nice books.

YEAH, NIGGA I know whatchy saying that's what I'm saying too we is smarter than her dumb ass man fuck her shit

Small suggestion, newfriend: you see how there's a name field that you can fill out before you post? Instead of saying "OP here..." before every post, you can just indicate yourself as OP in the name field. That way everyone will know. Okay?

OP here, what would you prefer?

Hey OP...
Honestly, just start another thread in a little bit
This is just shitposting central

This thread reminds me of when I was a kid and at a MtG tourney and there were these two sisters competing and 90% of the fatties there simply lost their spaghetti because there were girls present.

That's what you faggots sound like, a bunch of 13 year old TCG playing autists who can't conceive "women" exist.

>inb4 t. cuck a woman or anything like that

OP here I don't need you to tell me shit- and also, pics or gtfo

Also. I'm sorry- there are exceptions. Still, show me ur black or u banned

I AM OUT NIGGERS I HAVE A LIFE UNLESS I ROLL DUBS OR TRIPS I AM DONE WITH Veeky Forums FOR 1 (ONE) ENTIRE MONTH

Alright lads, I love you all
Thanks OP for this wonderful shitfest of a thread to send me off really I will miss you in the outside world

Start with the German Idealists.

I think that he just has a WICKED imagination yeah? Whoever has the best imagination... wins... / Close thread

Just do your best.

Obviously I don't know how to work this thread yet... But my original reply that was meant for another still stands.

TELL ME WHY

When you say cultures are disappearing you meant...?

Alright I see what you mean. But some people are dumb as shit- but that's just like, my opinion..man.. who am I to ask how to be any better?

Mfw I don't even know what roasties is

Yeah, I've been keeping plenty of journals. So much angst.... thanks for the response!

Fuck college. You really think today's education holds up to how it used to be? FUCK NO. Too many people who shouldn't be so full of themselves are in charge, when intelligent and legitimate men and women shrink back in disgust at the real world that is today.

Also. You can't stop someone with a death wish. If this does consume me, I might resort to..idk, saving the whales?

>btw im a grill :^)

I'm going to try to respond to you again, I very much like that saying man is the measure of all things. It's good.

According to your standards back then, understanding suffering was too much? Maybe you knew it all along~

Tell me about your relationship with your mother...

I'd say it was dirty hands by Sarte. I was 16 in gym class - being the "punk" I was, I was reading and not participating

Good.

Where's the pill that believes Christ is the only way?

It's discontinued due to lack of demand.

1. You need better friends, or if you already have great friends.. Then.. GET OFF THIS BOARD AND COMMUNICATE WITH THEM FLESH TO FFLESSHHH.

2. I kind of agree though and I think that I should plant a tree tomorrow maybe hbu

I can hear the sarcasm. But yeah why am I such a bitch? Maybe I am in privileged millennial phase? What do you think? What do you do, and how old are you, nigger?

c:

Pics or gtfo; show me your progress, bitch

I thought black pill was give up on ever getting a woman and be a bitter fuck for the rest of your years.

I would be wary with anti depressants... they usually miss way more than hit. I'll be doctor; do you go outside with sunlight (assuming you're not allergic to the sun)? Do you get proper exercise? These are trivial questions- born defects are born defects. Is there a reason you're blue outside of your body, or have you always felt.. Blue? Some people are just sad, I'll tell ya. But some people are just sad for a reason. Right? >->

>how old are you, nigger?
Never saw so much bullshit since vietnam.