DUDE LABYRINTHS LMAO

>DUDE LABYRINTHS LMAO

Is there any other author that has even close to the same style as this guy?
Or is he truly one of a kind?

People say Flann O'Brien has the same style. Although I wouldn't expect any labyrinths.

My unpublished, unwritten master piece short story will have a similiar style, but I'll maybe add some Kafka.
Look out for a promising short story novellist in West Germany in 2 years.

Although not really the same style, I think Sebald has a similar love of reading that just really shines through in how he connects ideas together.

m8, if you want to create a legacy, you're going to need more than one short story.
If it's a winning formula, multiply it by like 100 times.

Gene Wolfe

Him and John Crowley were what came to my mind.

>Is there any other author that has even close to the same style as this guy?
No

>Or is he truly one of a kind?
Yes

you are not going to create a legacy posting on Veeky Forums, do you think that Dosto, Joyce or Camus wasted time browsing Veeky Forums? No.

Do you have a favorite story by Borges?

I'm not a big fan of his "gaucho cowboy" stories. He really dropped the ball with that.

But his weird surreal stories are great.
The Circular Ruins and The Mirror and the Mask are probably my favorites.

there are one or two science fiction writers like him. I don't know of any literary fiction like him. also some japanese writers, but they aren't translated.

yes

Whatever the one is where a king commissions a man to write three stories. The king becomes a beggar and the man he hires kills himself. I can't remember the title or which collection it's in.
Also, the one where he talks to himself for a day on a bench. Can't remember the title of that one either.

That's "The Mirror and the Mask." Like I said, that one is fantastic.

Which one is? The first one I mentioned?

Also, he has two stories where he meets other versions himself.

The one where he meets his younger self on the bench, and the one where he meets his older self in the hotel.

But Tao Lin does and he's the greatest of our age.

Yeah. That's the first one. I forget what the second one is called.

>you are not going to create a legacy posting on Veeky Forums
Who's gonna stop me?

You apparently, by shitposting instead of working on your writing.

Italo Calvino

>Not working on your writing by shit posting.

Yeah, reading Invisible Cities was similar in some ways to my experience of Borges. Also, certain stories like "The Spiral."

hello sebastian