What things do you pick up from your local asian grocer/oriental market?

What things do you pick up from your local asian grocer/oriental market?

Fresh sushi grade salmon that is sliced into filets right in front of you every Thursday for $8-9 a pound.
Delicious sashimi for next 3 days

Nothing. I refuse to do business with them, they do not belong here.

it's food, how can a food shop be bad?

Fresh bull penis. Next time I get one I'll snap a pic. I marinaded it in a thai marinade and grlled it indirect. Berry gud.

> sashimi
> next 3 days

My mom gets this and I'm afraid she sneaks it into meals because she knows I won't knowingly eat it

Definitely copping this next time

curry roux for when you need some quick nippon curry

eat it all on the way home for max freshness

A lot of junk food

this

The factory-made gochujang is too sweet for me. I use what my grandmother made for me. How do you adjust factory gochujang when you cook? I don't know how to make it less sweet and taste more like dwenjang

Bottles of this shit and I tell myself it is just for cooking.

WE DON'T ALL HAVE A KOREAN GRANDMOTHER YOU NO GOOD GOOK

Presumably one would just add in some extra red chili.

that brand is terrible they don't even take the bones out

nice korean privilege you prick. not all of us are non whites and know what this shits supposed to actually be like. bigot

Mostly junk food, packaged noodles, and bakery items. I fucking love salt & vinegar 'cracklings' and taro buns.

>being xenophobic against any group of people besides muslims

Have any of you tried the frozen section stuff, pork buns and dumplings etc. there's no place that makes them decent without a long drive so I've though about trying them

>>>/reddit/

>being xenophobic against any group of people besides muslims and niggers
ftfy, nigger lover.

I like the red bean paste buns

This shit right here is so versatile and quite cheap (in fact most things at the Asian [but not exclusively so] supermarket I shop it are, hence it's my main one)

These are scrumptious

One time they were selling just the past (idk what happened but they stopped soon after), which I bought and used as spread
Fuck I just ate it with a spoon sometimes

Korean black raspberry wine is p good

bro, are you talking about this shit

our cleaners gave us this for christmas, it was fucking delicious

ahhh my nigga, that canned eel is so good and it's like a buck fifty

put that on rice with some green onions and some seasonings, mmmm mmmm

Sliced meat for shabu shabu
Basic sauce stuff: mirin, rice vinegar, strong soy, oyster sauce, pepper oil, sesame oil, Kewpie mayo, Chinese pepper paste
Enoki mushrooms, occasionally shiitake, maitake, or eringi if doing a mushroom centric meal.
Daikon, leeks, and nira (Chinese chives), maybe a nappa cabbage.
Gyoza skins
Tofu. Possibly Shirataki also.
Goma tare.
Tiny dried fishies.
Snacking nori.
Pocky, or Lotte Macadamia, or similar.

Sake. Hakutsuru most often.

An H Mart just opened up across my street. I walk over and haul shit back.
Today I made salmon sashimi and miso.

The other things are natto, sliced dragonfruit (fruits are cheap), as well as daifuku. There's also a few restaurants inside but the lines have been long because of all the grand opening hype. When it dies down I'll make a thread.

The store features mostly Korean products. I've been wanting to pick up a big mixing bowl, napa, chili paste, and other stuff for homemade kimchi. I also want to try pollock roe over rice.

I refuse to give my money to subhumans

preserved duck eggs / century eggs

Fish balls, oyster sauce and usually some hong kong style noodles

Delicious as fuck

This plus wakame and tofu so I can make miso soup for breakfast

Not all of it is too sweet. It depends on the brand.

I do miss grandma's gochujang, though.

Anything that is non weeb
I do not buy anything of Japanese origin even if it's made somewhere else

I will continue to refuse to do so until they stop hunting whales for """scientific""" purposes in the ocean south of ausfalia

I like to go to the oriental market to pick up shit like peanut butter, tomato paste, chocolate brownie mix, cream, condensed milk, and these things that remind me of Hostess snack cakes

spoilers: I live in fucking Asia

>almost nothing but Japanese food
absolutely disgusting

I stock that stuff at my store. But it only carries the yellow kind, not the red. I often wonder what this stuff tastes like but never carry to buy it. Same with the banana sauce I stock.

$11 for that tiny slab of salmon. And it will shrink even more when cooked. Seems like highway robbery.

Fermented black bean paste (chunjang) makes the most boring stir fry absolutely delicious

don't even need vegetables, just need to make a sauce from it for rice or noodles

>And it will shrink even more when cooked

Did you miss the part where he sad "Sashimi"?

Samefag. Here is more of the stuff that I stock.

Gyoza eh?

sesame sweets

>cooking sashimi grade fish
No wonder you burn money.

msg
indomie noodles
rambutan or lychee
mini cucumbers
beech mushrooms
xiaoxing wine whenever I run out
ucc green and oolong brewed teas in the can
miso

shaoxing. but good on you, it sounds like you actually know how to enjoy a variety of flavors unlike these weebs who keep buying shit for their Cooking Wizzu Doggu recipes

why do I see it spelled a million different ways at the store then? not like it matters in english anyways

I like their Makkoli drink, it's very tasty.

because different labels don't necessarily use state-sponsored romanization. Especially if it's produced somewhere that is not under PRC control, like Malaysia or Hong Kong, it might use some other spelling. Anyway, it's definitely not spelled xiaoxing, because xiao and shao are pronounced differently in Chinese. Shaoxing is the generally accepted spelling, you can google it.

sounds like just another way to piss off the chinese

nothing, oxidized fats, msg laden, wheat inflamation ingredients. even their produce is always gross.

Dried mushrooms
Jackfruit
Pudding packs
Various types of bao
Mochi ice cream
Clear soup
Lots and lots of instant noodles flat rice or fried noodle
Meifun

>tfw you find out those pastry bun things are 70% shortening per fist sized serve
It makes me wish I was a 3rd worlder with malnutrition to truly savour those things

I'm curious to know, when they hire people do they hire any kind of Asian or just the same nationality of Asians the store owner is?

Now I will have to buy this next time I'm in. I thought it was just a health food gimmick raspberry reconstitute juice.

I'm a faggot and buy white people friendly shit. Whenever I throw a dart at a random unidentifiable product I tend to get buyers regret.

>Cheap bancha/sencha/genmaicha
>1kg pack of Golden Curry
>Green tea flavoured noodles
>Glass noodles (bulk)
>Miso/gochujang pastes
>Gudetama collectable fridge magnets
>various flavoured mochi packs when I'm feeling extra obese
>Wakame
>xylitol gum
>Instant green tea flavoured milkshake powder

I see a lot of Hispanics and Indian looking dudes stocking at mine

There are a lot of Indians who shop there and general middle easterners

You need to have an idea when you go shopping, not just go and buy random shit.

Chili paste is a must, mirin, soy sauce, gochujang, hoisin, dashi, tapioca pearls, that pad thai root shit, and noodle packs. Also 떡볶이 and if you like it those nasty fish balls and other various frozen shit. I pretty much make everything I do with that stuff. I vastly prefer rice on the side with the stuff I make, usually just protein+vegetable stir fry with rice on the side. Not a huge fan of noodles I think they are a bother

Pretty much everything you want to make that's normal you can do with that. It's good to get stuff like pork belly at these places though since usually white people stores don't sell it

Yep.

Chinese don't give half a shit whether or not people use Pinyin outside of the Mainland. But it's a great way to piss off people who don't natively speak Chinese and have to deal with too many fucking romanization systems because of retarded politics between a bunch of chink countries.

then don't throw a dart at a random product. do some research. go to RasaMalaysia and pick out some recipes, then buy the shit you need later.

>떡볶이
Chewy rice cakes are overrated. I usually include them when a recipe for a hot pot or something asks for them, but then I end up regretting them. Even when I made a kimchi hot pot for a house full of Japanese and Taiwanese people, in the end no one wanted to eat the fucking mochi blocks.

Your mom gets bull penis on Craigslist

shao hsing wine

also an acceptable romanization, especially if you have down syndrome and still think your country is the real China even though you have 23 hundred people and wouldn't exist if it weren't for a huge naval carrier from a foreign country perpetually blocking your northern border.

shaohing

not an acceptable romanization.

>romanization

You work at krogers?
Nice.
That other guy thinks the asian section of krogers is stocked by asians and that's hilarious to me.

Do you actually know what that word means or are you some kinda retard or something?

>do you know what that word means
Yes.

I just discovered a nice one near my house a few weeks ago, it's become one of my my mainstays for grocery day.

Personally, I love grabbing some of the Asian produce, Chinese broccoli, bok choi (mini and full sized), nappa cabbage, Asian chives (which I like way more than green onions).

Doubanjiang is fucking delicious. I throw it in tons of my Chinese cooking. Plus, I couldn't live without my Sichuan peppercorn oil.

Decent quality rice is a big plus, and sushi grade is nice if you like making gimbap or legit sushi.

I feel like chili bean sauce is badly overrated compared to yellow bean sauce and this crazy oil chili I got that makes Koreans complain, but it does have its use in mapo tofu

>Doubanjiang is fucking delicious

Agreed. Though the brand you posted is shit-tier.

Fermented tofu is the shit. Perfect with some rice.

a yankee i know living in an igloo... she saw picture via my telephony device. she said enjoy your botulism kids. with your way expired eel.

Yankee in igloo
Saw picture, said good expired
Botulism eel

Why a haiku

Thank you sir

Mang Gong cakes

They're so shit but I can't help but devour them