Red Delicious is the best apple

We all know it's true

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlA_YXDm9bg&feature=youtu.be&t=146
twitter.com/AnonBabble

old strains(pre WWII) and organically grown are, in fact, some of the best apples I've ever eaten, when fresh and in season(August-early October) that is a fact. most commercial varities are generally mediocre to crap tho, leading to the breed's bad reputation.

i seek the good one out tho, they are utterly breathtaking. like Original Iron Chef Chairman Kaga bites pepper good.

better than that.

Objectively pink lady is the supreme apple

I've never tasted one of the original Red Delicious varietals, only the flavorless, mealy-ass commodity grade ones. I read they were very sweet and crisp. What's a similar apple?

>not granny smith

Just because it's called delicious doesnt mean it is
Sage

>Veeky Forums is one person

WROOOOONG

No honey crisps? Woow

Empire is a cross between Macintosh and Red Delicious that is close to the original in taste, it has the floral armoa and sweet initial taste and are very crisp, but it lacks the bitter skin that sets off the flavor and that's what makes a good Red Delicious such a memorable apple

Granny Smith*

apples are such a terrible fruit

they're grainy, bland. their skins slice your gums and taste terrible. it is fucking beyond me how people manage to scarf down apples when perfectly good pears exist.

this is the only right answer

Fuck pears. They're either rock solid or fucking mush.You don't know whether to use a knife & fork or a straw.

>"an apple a day keeps the doctor away"

I'm partial to a braeburn myself.

>There are people who like green apples

Literally worse than Hitler

you just haven't had any good ones apparently. you should buy them in season and learn what the seasons are for each variety and how well they store.

Red Ds, for example, start coming off the tree in early Auguat and are done by late september. They can be cold stored for about 3 weeks before they get mealy and lose their taste, so buying one literally any other time of the year guarantees a lousy apple. Macs get picked in late summer, but don't cold store longer than a month they're basically shit after November. and so on. the new premium apples are bred for taste and storage but even they aren't the best after 8months in the cooler

>not-so-subtle MLP thread

Where my Stayman Winesap boys at?

Ignoring the obviously superior Ambrosia apples. They weren't named after the food of the gods for nothing.

this

dat tart mmm

Kill yourself Maddox; your podcast is already dead.

Kek so is his youtube channel

pear is a poor man's watermelon

>tfw no apple gf

Jonagold and gala around october are the best, Chicago gets those fresh Michigan shipments before they die around the time they pass Ohio

I literally came here to start this thread. Red Delicious is patrician tier

Maddox doesn't eat apples.

youtube.com/watch?v=KlA_YXDm9bg&feature=youtu.be&t=146

They're great this time of year, and cheap because of the reputation they have from most people only experiencing the months-old ones. I've been getting some giant ones I prefer over Honeycrisp.

I think we can all agree that grapes are shit

cortland masterrace

10/10 on the mealy-as-fuck ometer

This man knows his apples. The original delicious apple variety has superior flavor but the color is lacking. The average consumer shops with their eyes so the pretty red color won out. Sad.

It's not so bad. growers noticed that people basically stopped buying apples for fun, and they were only selling the garbage fruit to institutions about 20 years ago, and consequently they started reintroducing and breeding for new strains that actually taste good, like jonagold and Cripps Pink respectively, and now we have "premium" strains like Jazz and RubyFrost, so the amount of choice in any reasonably civilized area of the states has gotten pretty darn good, it's wy way better than it used to be.

that said, I still basically won't eat a cold storage apple after about Jan/Feb; having eaten them straight off the tree it's just too depressing to me.

In season tho, I eat a solid 3-4 apples every day if I can. fruit of the gods.

You must not have listened to the old podcast. He hardcore defended Red Delicious and got his mealy ass pushed in by Dick about it.

for me it's the fuji, the best apple variety

local yellows with red stripes and amazing smell > Fuji > Granny Smith > the rest

wait, also local late-season green sour apples for cooking with meats. Granny Smith is too soft.

What episode