Hey Veeky Forums, what grocery carts have you judged lately?

Hey Veeky Forums, what grocery carts have you judged lately?

>also, costco

Do Americans really shop like this?

Lol.

Once saw a guy whose cart was full of bread.

Not even proper bread that they bake in store just "bread", stacked high above the cart.

It was an enigma.

Saw somebody buying 25 gallons of milk and about 40 baguettes.
Still have no idea what he could've been using that for.

I worked as a cashier in high school and saw a cart like this. She was running a coffee shop.

Does that guy in the centre have a pizza in his cart?

Guy in the green shirt and brown hat? Yes, that's a pizza at the bottom of his cart.

Is Costco pizza good?

>baguettes
more like faguettes

>Do Americans really shop like this?
Actually, a lot do, yeah. That particular store, Costco, is an "everything" store (clothes, food, appliances, computers, toys, just everything), and is generally favored by very cost-conscious consumers looking to buy some grocery items in bulk. They also stock larger quantities of fewer items, while a normal grocery store would have smaller numbers but much more variety. Costco is also one of a small number of national "membership" store chains, where shoppers have to pay annual dues to shop there.

More people shop at ordinary grocery stores, but they'd look similar, with people queueing up at a row of checkout registers. The floor would be a linoleum style tile, with more attention to appearance all around. The "big box" membership warehouse stores really are built like industrial warehouses, which reduces cost on decoration, and allows less labor as forklifts can shelve merchandise for sale more directly.

I go there mostly for decent produce, dairy and surprisingly, fish. They even fly in poke from Hawaii every friday.

Its a god send in Japan. Non-italian style pizza that taste good and doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money.

A lot of small eatery type places buy bulk bread from Costco instead of ordering them from a restaurant suppliers like Sysco.

woodbine/Markham?

>Eternally obsessed
What does it feel like?

costco is amazing

stay mad, europoor

Could this meme die already?

I volunteered at a soup kitchen and one thing I enjoyed was the Costco run, 50 gallons of milk and other items... I would tell people that me and my wife had 18 children...

all of them

I see so many """white""" people.

This must be in a place like North Dakota.

I'm not sure where all the Costco hype comes from - I'm a member because they're the cheapest place to buy bulk sacks of bread flour, but the overwhelming majority of things I might buy there can be found at better values elsewhere. Costco is great for cheese, spinach, cleaning supplies, and bulk flour, honey, and cooking oil, but everything else is indistinguishable from what I can get at other grocery stores or big box retailers, and produce items are usually cheaper elsewhere.

The consistent batch quality, pricing, and product availability make a Costco great option for business customers, but I can't figure out why household-level shoppers like it so much.

>at a bulk place for work, standing in line
>don't really pay attention to people's carts
>cashier brings his corded scanner over to old woman's cart in front of me, all bags of cat food stacked below the cart and in it
>don't think anything of it
>he laughs at her and asks "whaddya got a puma lady?"

lmfao

coffee and cooking oil alone make it worth shopping there

My grocery store has a separate liquor store so if you are getting food and booze you get rung up twice. I saw a guy in the liquor store buying two handles of shitty vodka. He had also purchased a value pack of hot pockets, 4 2-liters of sprite, and a 3 pack of frozen pizzas. He looked about 50 years old

Made me sad

i try not judge people by what they buy but i sometimes ask them about different fruits or veggies they're buying if they look friendly and i want to know about new things to try