Tfw grandma is more Veeky Forums than you

>tfw grandma is more Veeky Forums than you

my grandma is dead

that makes her Veeky Forums as fuck though

are you implying that I wasn't bragging about the very notion that you had just insinuated my anonymous friend?

Both my grandmas are dead. I don't think either of them read one book their whole lives.

Grandma is dead. Grandma remains dead. And we have killed her. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become grandmas simply to appear worthy of it?

Of course. My grandma wrote about 10 books before I was even born.

One claimed to have never read a book but she was lying.

That's a very bleak response to "you shouldn't push your granny off the bus"

If they're westerners chances are they had to read the Bible in school.

If a person that old isnt better read than you are they are an abject failure whose only success was lying on their back for 5 minutes decades ago

I think Westerners would tend to describe her background as under orientalist despotism or something like that. But European. But 3rd world.

I think she just believed in having a strong network of people to get information plus culturally there's a belief in not turning children into adults.

you know that grandmothers are just old roastie staceys ?

Jesus christ. When you start applying idiotic r9k terms to your own family, it's time to kill yourself.

My grandma prefers light books, but she is incredibly witty and still buys me books. Last Christmas she bought me pristine hardcovers of all of Thomas Pynchon's novels.

My grandma would probably be deemed a misogynistic slut-shamer by 'roastie' types to be honest

I don't know about my grandma (although she probably is) but I can say with a certainty that my grandfather is the most Veeky Forums man I've ever known.

Grandmamam died today

Sorry to hear that, user. Rest in Peace.

My grandma is the only literary lineage I have, though we have drastically different aesthetics.

She wrote short stories that never got accepted, but she wrote exposes for local newspapers. Never read any of her work though.

She had a graduate degree in library sciences and worked as a middle school librarian.

I tried talking to her about books, and she told me she really liked Eudora Welty and Hemingway, and I found an old copy of Fantasy & Science Fiction and Marquez's 100 Years of Solitude in her house. She knows biographical info about Paley, and I've spoken to her a little about Grace Paley, Joyce, and Saul Bellow, who she saw at a children's birthday party once.

But she can't really see or hear very much these days, and her mind isn't totally in this world, so I haven't attempted to speak to her lately.

>Implying my grandmother didn't get me unto reading

Rest in peace Grandmamam.

>raised by poorly educated single mother
>always frustrated by her inability to think logically and / or appreciate art
>she retires
>reads every novel I have at home
>starts reading books I've never heard of
>just told me she's reading some book about tractors in ukraine
>"have you read it user?"
>"y-yeah, of course"
>talks for fifteen minutes about her thoughts about the underlying themes etc
>says she's probably wrong and asks me to tell me my opinion of the book
>tell her it's garbage and make an excuse to hang up

I wish I had family that saw the value of literature and bought be good books

Rest in peaceGrandmamam

Or maybe yesterday

Having worked with old people (75+) I can confirm they're Veeky Forums as fuck.
Always have a big bookshelf full of books, unlike Veeky Forums probably read like half of them.

Aujourd'hui, grande-maman est morte.

I don't believe you

I just finished my third Aristotle last night. Fuck your grandma

1) Don't be a dick to your mom.
2) Was the book The Zelmenyaners?

Mine was EngLit lecturer and later grammar school teacher. She was pretty Veeky Forums, although she did enjoy reading Anthony Trollope, a known HACK.

That's retirement for you, plus they don't know the blessing of Veeky Forums.

My grandma is more alive than me and shes dead for 6 years now

>Trollope a hack
Buddy u r cruisin fer a bruisin

My grandmother translated the Quran. (luckily, wasn't a Muslim though)

Maybe if you casually recommend a book or two every now and again, you may get some to pick up the habit. Keep your chin up though, don't allow non-readers to ever make you feel your interest is a waste of time.

Nothing wrong with reading light, but well-written books.

Both of my grandmas read exclusively romance books.

I actually inherited both their book collections, so I got to see first hand their tastes. It's kind of neat how they technically both read the same genre, but still managed to be totally different. My paternal grandmother tended towards erotica--loads of Harlequins, very very raunchy stuff. While my maternal grandmother read lots of older Christian romances, things like Grace Livingston Hill.

>Spanish and English teacher
>keeps telling me to read Don Quixote
What are some good books for learning Spanish? I've been using the 2 years of Spanish I slept through in highschool to try and read children's books but it doesn't seem like I'll get anywhere.

I've been getting my grandmother into real literature. She's read Silence, Anna Karenina, Paradise Lost, Divine Comedy, East of Eden, and Madame Bovary during summer and before that she used to read Nicholas Sparks books.

Endo is great for getting older Christians in lit. I know many older missionaries who love him.

>Madame Bovary

Kek

So which one is more patrician?

F

>he literally admitted to having a writing quota and writing primarily for money

Well, I'm definitely more patrician than either were, now. Maternal grandma was more patrician overall--she brought her sisters over we played bridge and other card games every weekend, her house was enormous and spotless, she kept an impeccable flower bed. Other grandma was always in poverty, she was on an oxygen machine and lived with her disabled (legless) son, the house was packed with interesting junk, she always had a lot of chocolate in the fridge.

Veeky Forums as fuck

>tfw grandma is Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and /int/
>also cooks yummy stuff and loves me unconditionally
>man I wish I could have her as gf

same here. my grandma is Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /gif/, and /diy/.

I want to facefuck her so bad

One Grandmother was an english teacher and keeps a huge log of all the books she reads, she mostly reads fiction probably already read the essentials. Other Grandmother has read only the classics, but doesn't read often and finds genre fiction boring.

I think they're both pretty good desu, my mum really likes genre fiction trash like Jo Nesbo, Stieg Larsson, and really enjoys sci fi to do with Atlantis and that sorta stuff.

lel, sorry user

One claimed to have lied, but she never read a book.

She sounds Veeky Forums as fuck. Sorry to hear about her mental decline, friend. You should try talking to her again at some point if you feel comfortable enough.

>/gif/