What are Veeky Forumsizens opinions on ole Chucky Palahniuk?

what are Veeky Forumsizens opinions on ole Chucky Palahniuk?

After reading Joyce's anthology I decided to take a break from literary fiction and picked up Invisible Monster's and I gotta say I haven't been this entertained by a novel in a while. Sure it's simple, but he can also write very captivating, humorous, and beautiful prose as well.

IMO he doesn't get enough credit around here.

So you were a pleb all along...

Only people I've known who read him were dumbfucks

I've only read choke but i fucking hated it honestly it was so ham fisted with its ideas and I haven't read fight club but I've seen the movie and it's basically the same story

the film is better, more streamlined and better ending

Edgy teenage me one hundred years ago thought a couple of his books were OK but most of them were just edgy shit and even the 'good' ones devolved into edgy shit somewhere near the end.

I also thought the star wars books I read at the time were better written and more mature. I maintain that this is still the case, despite the star wars books being churned out shit.

I enjoyed Fight Club, don't want to be hipster but I preferred it to the movie, not to say the movie isn't good, it's still fantastic and worthy of watching. If anything, the book lets you appreciate the movie more.

However, I don't think I want to read more of his books if they have the same tone as Fight Club - it's very dreary.

You have to read him at the right time. I loved all his shit in highschool but I tried to pick up Damned and either my tastes had changed, or he ran out of ideas. Or both.

One trick pony isn't the right word but it's the first word that comes to mind.

invisible monsters is good and so is survivor

why does he look like aids in that picture?

>mentioning Joyce will somehow make your opinion more valid
Neck thy self

he's gay

ummm, homophobic much?

that's like saying someone is racist for acknowledging that black people are more likely to be involved in criminal activity.

This means nothing.

He's crude, and not in a clever way. You have to enjoy basking in filth a little, just to root around in it. I'd agree his prose is still good, and his plots lie somewhere between pop novel and meaningful literature. I enjoy his novels as well.

Edgefag pseud. Not meaningful for adults.

I read Pygmy and after that I never ever want to read another thing by him ever again.

Is Palahnuik similar to Irvine Welsh then?

damn i wish i was as mature as u

post a photo so we can see what a true 'lectual looks like.

Yes

Haunted was good. Liked fight club well enough but the other four or five I read all kinda blended together. Same shit over and over, just worded slightly differently

Invisible Monsters, Fight Club, Haunted, and Non-Fiction were all pretty good. A lot of his other stuff blends into one desu

Is that the guy who played the racist bisexual pedophile on prisonbreak?