Best translation?

Best translation?

None

Edith's

Doesn't really matter

Would you read Shakespeare on spanish? Or any other language, for that matter?

URRRRR DURRRRR

If I could only read Spanish, then yes, I would.

kys

"Las traducciones son como los paños de Flandes pero vistos del revés"

So I should just buy it in Spanish with a spanish-english dictionary and dive on in?

Don't just buy a good translation, you can read it in Spanish later, you need to master the lenguage before going deep.

What a fucking moronic thing to say.

Well what's the best translation and what's the best way to learn Spanish?

>5 year minimum of preparation to read a book
>inb4 it doesn't take that long
it would take at LEAST that long to be on a level of understanding of the language to develop a sense of the nuance that is contained in said languages literature

that is a totally arbitrary number you're selecting.
If you read it once in English, read 1-2 other Spanish novels (2 years to be able to get a semi-comfortable level with reading), you should be fine going through it. Sure it'll take a fucking while at that level, but it's doable. There is really not a LOT of hidden nuance. It is infinitely readable but not because there are surreptitious tricks or anything like that.

Menard's

>There is really not a LOT of hidden nuance.
if it's easy enough to grasp through a couple years of reading spanish then it's easy enough to survive a translation

Sadly if you are going to read it translated then it doesn't matter the quality because the beauty of it is the way it was written. It's so witty and close to earth about Spanish civilization at the time so yeah, if you are relaly interested then try and learn Spanish but I msut admit that it should be really hard to learn it to the point you fully understand XVI century Spanish.

>spend years learning language to avoid reading a translation
>Understanding of language and culture is worse than a translators
>Can barely understand what I'm reading
>End up reading translation anyway

Don't fall for the meme

Montgomery

These dicks are in every translation thread.

Wrong

kys pleb