Tsundoku is a japanese word which means buying books and not reading them

Tsundoku is a japanese word which means buying books and not reading them.
Picture is mine shelf of shame.
Post yours.

P.s.
Forgive my mistakes, if there are, 'cause i'm an italianfag.

How are we supposed to call your tastes pleb shit if we can't read any of the titles?

Great thread, dumbass.

I'm forcing myself to read three books for every one book I purchase. Exert some self-control op

I have the exact same rule in place

Is that not an Umberto Eco style ant-library? Very antifragile.

Will be adopting this rule.

There's usually a consistent third of my bookshelf yet to be read but I'm always getting new books so I'm generally keeping up with it.

This rule seems good until I find a box of philosophy books and poetry collections at an unbelievably low price at a thrift shop or library book sale.

My parents brought me a lot of books as a child that I never cared to read. I have the entirety of Little House On The Prarie and never touched anything beyond the first book until two years ago. I'm trying to get through my backlog but some books are just not my style or uninteresting, like the Twilight books.

There are also some books I brought but haven't read. The first Harry Potter book, The Outsiders, and Oliver Twist come to mind. They're not bad but I don't really like them. I want to read them though. I like reading books to have the knowledge of them, even if I don't like them personally. I want to read as many major/important/popular stories as I can.

nigga a grown man shouldnt be reading Little House on the Prairie

This is the reason I end up buying and owning so much. And I do read, but pretty slowly at a pace of like 150-300 pages a week on average. I dont feel any guilt because I never buy books without seriously intending to read them, and if a friend is over and they notice something theyre interested in I can lend it to them for however long they need it.

I'm not a man and I'll read whatever I please. Only morons judge others on what they read. Plus, those books are perfectly fine.

>oh god they suck! Why doesnt willing my way through work?

>You cant tell me anything! Ill read what i want... eventually. In the mean time ill stay in the middle and complain

The Twilight books may be popular but they certainly aren't important.

i was lucky in my final year of college, one of my favorite professors was retiring the same year and donated all his books to his favorite students: the token hot nerd girl he flirted with all the time who i lost contact with, a friend of mine who will probably be Mayor or Governor here one day, and me. each of us got around 4-5 large boxes full of books. everything from Frazier's The Golden Bough to the Rabbit Run books to all of Nabokov, Faulkner, Lawrence, Yeats, Calvino, Unamuno, and Pynchon's works, etc. i rarely have to buy books unless it's a new one i care to read. i don't understand buying books and not reading them, though. is that like a paper fetish or something?

I didn't mean LHOTP was bad. It's just a long read. I keep on putting it back in my backlog. I already read three of the books.

I don't have the nerve to give them away. I figured I'd read them instead. The best that can come out of it is I can accurately critique the books after reading them.

Solid principle

Sorry to dead name you user

But think about the opportunity cost. You're ignoring genuinely good literature to read YA trash that you don't even enjoy. Why are you doing this to yourself ?

Most of the books I own are brandnew and unread because I moved to a new city and looted the local bookstore over the course of two years until nothing there could draw my interest. Now I'm moving back in with my parents and will store everything in the cellar except for a managable tbr-stack

It'll take less than a month to read one of the books.

I have a couple books but I'm afraid to read them. I want to make sure I have something if I decide to go camping or if the power cuts out for a few days. It's also a good idea to have some for any emergency hospital stays.

If I had unlimited money I would probably have hundreds of unread paper books laying around. Instead I just pirate everything that looks interesting and load my ebook up.

And that time could be spent reading something of value.

Where to start english poetry, Veeky Forums?

In the 1400s or so.

Start with the best, then read the rest

>best
Lol. No. Hes good but not best. Not even a bad starting point. But then again, most of the big names can be approached on their own to some degree. Its better to start with what you like and branch out from there. Or idk. Read the fuckin sticky