Ok can we get a board for like all types of books regardless of popularity or genre...

ok can we get a board for like all types of books regardless of popularity or genre? because this board majorly sucks for anyone wanting to discuss anything that isn't one of the handful of Veeky Forums approved books. you snobs just spam abuse and endless memes at anyone you consider a plebeian. seriously, we need a separate board for all books so that Veeky Forums can finally die.

how about you separate yourself from this board and never come back?

reddit.com/r/books

r/books

r/books

this is actually a good idea. Imagine a board that attracts all the sci-fi fantasy plebs and memers. no more "did I like it?" threads, no more bookshelf threads, no more DFW meme threads. essentially no fun allowed, but at least we can discuss literature on Veeky Forums and go shit up the other board. I vote for p/le/b to be a reality

That's not how new boards actually work. Those fags would all still be here.

This is one of the worst boards I've ever visited. The pseudo-intellectualism is just plain sad

Stephen King is the voice of our generation.

>no more bookshelf threads, no more DFW meme threads
Fuck off m8

>new board

nah, this board just needs a new name so that the pretentious spergs can't just spew "muh LITERATURE" anytime someone tries to ask a question or start a discussion about a book or author that doesn't meet their retarded elitism criteria.

but then we'd be spammed by pop trash instead of pseud trash, so it would end up just trading one set of meme books for another.

>tl;dr leave it so i can annoy the pseuds with my pleb taste

You mean like such criteria as not being shitty genre fiction? Oh man, sounds tough.

>/bk/
>This board is for the discussion of works published in the medium of a book that will never stand the test of time, and are created for mass consumption with no thought given to artistry and content for individuals of lower mental capacity.

The dums dums have come out of the woodwork for this one

fuck that cover hurts my head
>court a thorns of roses and

Requesting comic of neckbeard who can discern good and bad art and furniture and movies but not books

www.reddit.com/r/books is for this

reddit.com/r/books

dumbheads like you t b h.

YOU. Off to >>>p/leb/

jesus christ honestly

i love how anyone that simply doesn't like shitty pop fiction is a 'snob' or 'elitist' but apparently the flip side, not liking literature is supposed to be what's better/accepted.

it's like getting mad at someone for enjoying talented painters and musicians over mediocre hobbyists/novice work, and calling them a snob over it.

that's just what you like, and this is just what i like.

yes, pure meme threads can be annoyingish, but who cares? its Veeky Forums...and no, it doesn't count as pseudointellectualism to ask questions that go beyond "what is your favorite Brandon Sanderson book?" or "when is the next Divergent movie coming out?" it's fine to talk about Kierkegaard and Nietzsche, or literature professions, or what works have a certain theme.

like i can't believe someone just posted this collage with Fifty Shades Darker, Unruly, and Insurgent(twice, oh my god) whining about this place when /r/books and goodreads groups exists that fawn all over this shit while whining about literature """"snobs"""" as they avoid lit like the plague.

cheers brother

Can we stop with this needless hyper-specific board shit. Not every single fucking topic needs a board, if you don't like the shit that's discussed here find another fucking site where people share your taste. We don't need MORE boards we need LESS retards who think their specific tastes should be catered to.

since Veeky Forums there has been considerably less Jesus and philosophy threads and more threads about books about those themes.

at the loss of Veeky Forumslit/ generals, which is an extreme tragedy as they were not replicated on Veeky Forums